Page Splits 1...<313233
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#641 “Quote” Edit Post
Boy, Raiden is such a great character. It's amazing what he does in the end after retard Kronika literally tells him what to do lol. I laughed so much with that.

- Crónica at the Fire Garden before kidnapping Liu Kang: <<Your combined power threatens my vision (me)>>

- Raiden after defeating Revenant Kang. He fuses himself with Liu Kang, taking Kronika's concern about their combined power in the literal sense xD.

Thanks Crónica for telling Raiden what to do. Not so smart for a Titan above Gods.

And what's the deal with some freaks about Cetrion's voice?, It's perfect for the kind of character that she is. Some folks really..

And of course the laughs with Kitana defeating Shao Kahn continue to be heard even on Mars.
How should have ended:
https://makeagif.com/i/KzQ_80
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#642 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah as much as i like Kitana but her defeating Shao Khan was pur nonsense.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#643 “Quote” Edit Post
I like all characters in MK11. All.

Raiden is the best. Kano in this entry unlike ever before. Erron Black cannot be more badass. Jonnhy Cage will always be the one and only, whose character in this entry has also raised to the moon and the stars quality wise. Kitana good. Devora amazing. Scarlett's incredible voice acting. Jade kinda good too. Kotal Kahn etc etc..., all characters = 10/10

Also, the new characters are just as amazing as the all these iconics being remade, if not more. Geras is a goood in-house version of Frankestein. Cetrion is amazing. Crónica is top stuff, literally voice acting and the character herself. And then Kollector is another job well done by Netherrealm Studios.

Only good words I have for such a quality tittles if not for the €€xtra stuff part. It is indeed the best fighting game available right now in its particular way.

wrazor
Virtuoso
#644 “Quote” Edit Post
MK11 is good. But the 2 meter addition is useless and frankly overbearing. Not a fan. Animations have improved over MK10, but still scope to improve. No way is MK11 better than T7. Come on.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#645 “Quote” Edit Post
I said in its particular way, which involves 2D fighting games only; the huge graphical boost achieved in this entry; the overwhelmingly good story mode worth the €60 alone, and of course all the stuff to unlock.

Tekken continues to be king in what it comes to gameplay, core mechanics and fun playing a 3d fighting game, as well as overall iconic character roster as well. There hasn't been anything like tekken as of yet since '95.

However, tekken8 very well could learn a thing or two of MK11 in what it comes to sooo so many things. MK11 is on another level right now quality wise when compared with the competition, not to mention in Single Player territory, and in the rebirth/remake of their classic characters. They all look so good that they won't get old damn it. MK11 seems to be that good in that camp as well.

Quality and presentation wise mk11 is well above tekken right now. And yes, now hell yes that I said it. Gameplay and mechanics for fun?, of course tekken is galaxies beyond, but..., you know, presentation makes for a nice touch as well specially after so many years of the MK franchise. Mortal Kombat is simply the king of the art of reinventing itself, and boosting its quality in a more than noticeabe way entry after entry.

Edit: Sindel is going to look insane in this game.

Last edited by Fernandito on Jul 7th, 2019 at 19:09

wrazor
Virtuoso
#646 “Quote” Edit Post
Fair enough point regarding single player content and presentation part. Maybe Namco can focus most resources on that as the gameplay as pretty refined as it is.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#647 “Quote” Edit Post
Fernandito: Pretty much agree overall, but there is something i don't like in MK11 is that in tournament mode you can't choose the outfit you want to fight with, and that's pretty retard tbh, specially since it shouldn't be that hard to make an option like that viable.

Also another aspect where MK11 lacks is the outfits, sure the characters seems to have like 5-6 skins each but except for very few characters like Erron or Sonya that really have really variant and differents skins, same can't be said about most characters in the game, that have skins that are way too smiliar, like Baraka having 2 same skins just with different tatto, or same outfit but just one is shirtless (the pants are exactly the same), and that's the case for most MK11 characters. But it's still overall very good stuff and i would put this easily above of what we got in TTT2 for sure.

In the other hand T7 you look at the characters, each one have around 4 to 6 costumes and they all look absolutely different, now that's what i call "alternate outfits", and same can be said with all Tekken games from 1 to 6.

PS: I'm surprise to see you not hating much o female characters as usual lol
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#648 “Quote” Edit Post
Because MK females have always been serious stuff regardless they were that light dressed, with Sindel at the top of seriousness when making a good quality female character that you can respect in all her integrity as such. MK11 however turned all of this the other way around, now making them dress up too covered like nuns literally. However, the real faces technique combined the impressive graphical boost + the good voice acting have kinda saved females from the political correctness dictatorship applied to their outfits, and not just them outfits.

Then you have Lucky Chloe, Asuka, Josie Nobody, Leo The Thing, Lili etc kind of females designed specifically for the japanese and the hentai legions of the three million mind sick. Can you respect that?, of course you cannot. And then the ice on the cake with Kazumi looking as If she were 20 years old. You cannot respect that too you know. Just look at Sindel and tell me what's wrong with making females look adult and serious. Harada-Boy always had trouble understanding such simple concept. With Kazumi we had the opportunity to make one female character in the roster look adult, but he went pleasing the hentai sick once more. That is one of the many problems with japanese stuff.

I don't have any problem with female characters when they are developed in a serious way, and here is where the MK franchise has been giving everybody in the industry a lesson since 1992, literally. It's been a while i'd say.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#649 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Because MK females have always been serious stuff regardless they were that light dressed, with Sindel at the top of seriousness when making a good quality female character that you can respect in all her integrity as such. MK11 however turned all of this the other way around, now making them dress up too covered like nuns literally. However, the real faces technique combined the impressive graphical boost + the good voice acting have kinda saved females from the political correctness dictatorship applied to their outfits, and not just them outfits.

Then you have Lucky Chloe, Asuka, Josie Nobody, Leo The Thing, Lili etc kind of females designed specifically for the japanese and the hentai legions of the three million mind sick. Can you respect that?, of course you cannot. And then the ice on the cake with Kazumi looking as If she were 20 years old. You cannot respect that too you know. Just look at Sindel and tell me what's wrong with making females look adult and serious. Harada-Boy always had trouble understanding such simple concept. With Kazumi we had the opportunity to make one female character in the roster look adult, but he went pleasing the hentai sick once more. That is one of the many problems with japanese stuff.

I don't have any problem with female characters when they are developed in a serious way, and here is where the MK franchise has been giving everybody in the industry a lesson since 1992, literally. It's been a while i'd say.

Yes Sindel is pretty dope (btw a new look at of her just dropped Super badass )

Yeah can't disagree overall. I personally though that Asuka and Lili were dope when they were reveal and in their first Tekken, now they still cool gameplay wise but lore and personality wise it's pure garbage city. Lili was the classy rich girl with that ego attitude that enter the tournament to help her father, Asuka her story in T5 was cool too with what happen to her father because of Feng, instead of developing it now both are just some hentai lesbians to please weebs.

Even if i like Katarina but her story is one of the worst i've seen in any fighting game, never seen a story that screams that lazy, "copy pasta Christie Story and here we go"

Also of what they've done with Nina and Steve what a garbage would better i won't go deeper in that.

For me it's obvious that when T7 was made they just didn't have writers, unless the guy that did those think he's writer then no comment.

Kazumi lore wise i think she's Ok tho. But yeah overall Tekken hasn't been shining that much in that aspect after Tekken 4.
wrazor
Virtuoso
#650 “Quote” Edit Post
@Fernandito

Dude, I love the tekken female cast mostly. Master Raven, Nina and Ling all are respectable adult ladies. And kazumi died in the lore at age 25 something. So she is not unrealistic. Even if you dont agree with tekken cast, I dont think most people would play an old lady(post wall) as a character. As it is, most people rather play macho chars than girls in a game. Who would play as an old lady? Come on man. Go easy on Harada.

I think MK11 has better costumes and overall presentations. But character models and their design, tekken trumps man. Fair enough, its an opinion. I respect yours.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#651 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wrazor
Who would play as an old lady?
Not sure if serious

Originally posted by wrazor Master Raven, Nina and Ling all are respectable adult ladies.
The only respectable females are the classics. That would be Michelle (not her tag2 laughable young (again) remake); Anna, Kunimitsu and Jun. Nina..., well, it's ok. Tekken3/tag1 at least tried and offered an old Nina skin with gray hair. Now that was something coming from a sick japanese mind dont you think. He dared add an adult woman to the roster, oh boy look at that.

From the latest entries, only Zafina and Katarina make for it.

Codename: Sex Reassignment Surgery is a mere female skin for Raven. Zero charisma, as It all belongs to Raven, obviously.

Kazumi young is a joke. She could have been quite a serious and more menacing character if managed from a different approach.

Also funny you take Ling as an adult, which seems to be in her teens for perpetuity.

Come on lol

Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#652 “Quote” Edit Post
Kazumi young is a joke. She could have been quite a serious and more menacing character if managed from a different approach.

Always thought it was stupid how Tekken ignores the age of characters. Tekken 3 was set 19 years after Tekken 2, and it showed (Paul had a beard, Hei going grey, Forrest replaced Marshall, Nina frozen, etc.), but that was the last time Namco checked the date.

If Namco had the balls to embrace unique design, Kazumi as an older woman could have actually been really cool.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#653 “Quote” Edit Post
T7 isn't perfect and there are aspects that could be better and we can keep complain about it, but the game really did shape up with season 2, while season 1 was a pure insult to the fans. Also it's finally getting the attention and popularity it always deserved, hard to not appreciate that.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#654 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
T7 isn't perfect and there are aspects that could be better and we can keep complain about it, but the game really did shape up with season 2, while season 1 was a pure insult to the fans. Also it's finally getting the attention and popularity it always deserved, hard to not appreciate that.
No one is going to deny the importance esports have had for tekken at long last, yet a tekken like 6 will always be the example to follow when it comes to everything else other than the online, but single player matters too even in fighting games in the era of the internet. Look at the most recent example with MK11.

@_Chinky:

Had it posted in another topic. Oh well me
murray and friends

Since I like majinobama I promised myself not to watch that video ever again. Never happened

SSfox
Foxstepman
#655 “Quote” Edit Post
No one is going to deny the importance esports have had for tekken at long last, yet a tekken like 6 will always be the example to follow when it comes to everything else other than the online, but single player matters too even in fighting games in the era of the internet. Look at the most recent example with MK11.

Absolutely, I played and still playing a lot of MK11 towers.

Also something i do hope T8 won't bring back is the fact that they give you everything right away, giving me the best heihachi costumes while i haven't even played Heihachi wtf is this that was nonsens? I liked Tekken 5 system way better when you have to earn every unique and dope item per character.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#656 “Quote” Edit Post
They ruined so much Lili' s face, she was just fine in the first ever T7 build then they gave her the Michael Jackson treatment now her face looking is totally messed up