Dragunov Combo Thread(simple version atm)

Page Splits 1...<23456>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
FFwNayrith
Expert
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
No, you should keep practicing f+3~CDc. Its pretty essential to Drag combos. Perhaps less so in 7, but still important. Keep at it and you will get it in time.

Is it because some combos require it to either max out damage or wall carry? Or is it based on how the opponent got launched?
Signature Tekken Elite Four:
got soymilk?
2nd Dan
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have a good combo after the f,f+1+2 throw on temple stage?
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Fumbling around some videos, b+4,3, S! seems to be a fairly used followup(that was even used on a front page combo), for extra carry I'm pretty sure a f+1, f+3~df CDc series followed by say a f+3,2 S! usual wall ender(3,1,2 or d+4,4, W!, b+2, WS+1+2). Not optimizing here mind you without the game but just giving a couple suggestions. This is of course assuming you aren't by the wall.

(If you're not playing FR, you won't have access to f+3,2, S!, but in those vids it felt they usually followed with a b+4,3, S! after the break mid screen.)

In the event you're near the wall when you drop right down, 4,4, W! WS+1+2 is the post FB! used that I've seen.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Tuco
4th Dan
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
The combos in the op are still the best available in the FR version? Thanks in advance!
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Going to need to go through them (easier with the game now) and see. Mind you the list above is not necessarily all optimal or even staple, but just a large variety pulled from videos.

I should make a note on the first page there when i get back to my pc (easier to edit big posts from a keyboard.)

As i get time ill go through the list bit by bit. In console mind you he has more S! attacks (though to be fair f+3,2 is the one that sees use, with b+3 not really used in combos and f,f+3 used only occasionally that ive seen.)

i suspect it might take awhile even with a simpler combo system to have a list of optimized combos.
Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Turdshank
Kyu
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Azaael

As i get time ill go through the list bit by bit. In console mind you he has more S! attacks (though to be fair f+3,2 is the one that sees use, with b+3 not really used in combos and f,f+3 used only occasionally that ive seen.)

what does S! mean?
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Screw attack/the tailspin, or T7s way of extending combos.
Signature

finaldream
1st Dan
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a problem connecting the f1 after ws4
CH WR2 =WS4, f+1,

any tips for it
Tuco
4th Dan
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, the actual hard part of that combo should be picking the opponent with WS4 after a wr2(ch), after that you need to press 1 as fast as you can and continue the combo with either f3cd etc or other things.
Jay Rupp
Kyu
PSN: Jay_Rupp
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
is FB! supposed to be floor break? I always thought it was noted as F!
dannyz6969
1st Dan
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Best easy combo for UF2? That doesn't involve crouch canceling?

So far I could only think of UF2, B21, FF3.. 52 damage I think
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
An easy works even on PS4 currently (zing) is uf+2, b+2,1, b+1,2, S!, f,f, 3,1,2 for 56 dmg. Not optimized but probably the easiest for the damage.
Signature

dannyz6969
1st Dan
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx Azaael.

Btw, so I finally learned how to crouch cancel, but as a solo move: example: F3~cDC, f1 (took me a few days, smh lol) ..but when i try to execute this combo:

df+2, f+4,4,3, f+1, f+3~df CDc, f+1, f+1+2, S!...

I just can't seem to tie it in. I need more practice, hah

Btw, are there any tips how to set up launchers? I have extreme trouble trying to land DF2 to launch..Blocking an opponent attack and inputting DF2 I always get blocked, tried SS'ing but I get hit, etc

I saw an Aris vid where he says to form a strategy, example: D2, Stepback, then qcf+1, boom got a launch.

I need to discover some frame traps to set up launchers. I realized I can't just throw out launchers from basic positions, they need to be 'set up' : )
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
Qcf+1 is a good whiff punish and that basic strat could work out. for df+2 thats a good SS-launch. Watch JDCR do that to Saint several times at CB. Youll need to learn what to step when but learn some common good-to-step moves that your opponents use.

qcb+2 can be used as a mid range evasive launcher, but it is launch punishable itself. you'll get a feel for the range (too far and it whiffs, too close and its interrupted) but its a fun one.

WS2 is great vs those big punishable lows.
Signature

sirjabsalot
Kyu
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Need some help with the f+3~d/f CDc with Drag. This is how I've been practicing the CDc for f+3~d/f "tap up, go to neutral, f+1". Is this the best way to do the CDc or should I be using a different method?

I've watched a couple YouTube vids and looked around online, I'm still confused.

Thanks
XxVile616xX
6th Dan
PSN: XxVile616xX
XBL: iG PlaneCrash
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know if it is useful for you but you can input d/f straight away without holding it after the f+3 so you can concentrate on tapping up or on getting the timing down.

Some people I know hold up until he cancels the dash instead of learning the timing, maybe this will make it easier for you too?
Signature
~Tekken 7: Biggest disappointment this year
~Back to Virtua Fighter
Katt
Berserker
PSN: iMKatt
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
Was able to do a 10 hit combo for 100 dmg with rage drive from CH wr2, pretty happy about it considering no floorbreak or wallbreaks.

CH wr2 ssl qcf2 31 f1 f3~CDc f1 b3 daaash wr1+2 b1+2

Video
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
that is really nice. also of note something b3 in a combo is actually useful for too.
Signature

D7ome
1st Dan
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
For iwr2

is it about how fast i press f,f,f or is it all about the 2 after the 3rd f?

i feel like i'm getting the hang of it making 3-4 in a row but then i lose it and miss 10 in a row
D7ome
1st Dan
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dannyz6969
Best easy combo for UF2? That doesn't involve crouch canceling?

So far I could only think of UF2, B21, FF3.. 52 damage I think

u/f2, d2, ws4, b12, S!, dash, 312 ... 65 dmg