Strats vs steve

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Isa
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
hey ive been playing Aking for awhile now and i always find fight steve with Aking to one of the hardest up hill battles for me personally and i was wanting to ask how you guys feel steve should be fought against with armour king i personally try to out space him and whiff punish but this task is really hard vs steve Please share with me what you thiink on how steve should be fought I would much apprechiate the help
Signature :STUNNNNNNNAHHHHHH MOTHER FUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAA

To be the best you have to endure harsh training Learn all that can be learned from every situational stand point Learn how to how to move and just love the game your playing otherwise why did you start playing in the 1st place
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I Find Steve to be one of my favourite matchups for AK, you have good high crushing lows to his high string spamming, you have throw mixups wich are really hard to Steve to launch even if he ducked those.

You have good punchparry and good punch reversal use those when reading correct.

You have good punishers vs Steve.

Outspacing Steve is no good, even if he whiffs something its usually just some bait to get you eat a counterhit.

So basic stuff is... Duck the strings that can be ducked, dont give him cheese you, read the game with big COJONES and use sweep to highs and punchparrys and lowjabs to his "pressure" stuff. Dont give anything free, Steve has no launchers so dont give any free launches or whiffpunishers to him, his whiffpunishing sucks balls.

And of course the most important stuff is use a lot of ISW/GS or if you are not at the level to do ISW really close range really fast use DDT/GS mixups a lot against Steve, like i said he will not get counter hits to them and GS/DDT are i10 and i11 throws which are really fast and if you do those moves when he is pressing buttons its allmost imbossible for him to break them.

VS Steve its really one of the best matchups for AK.

Oh and really important stuff... ALLWAYS!!!! Remember the frames you are on, if you are -3 you might wanna think about doing df1 or anything. But yeah you have to know every frame from Steve like you know from AK

There you go

/Jyrke
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
@Killerdoll

I love how along with all your solid advice you included the need for having 'BIG BALLS!'

I'm buying you a drink when we meet
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
Isa
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
THanx for the advice killer doll i just Started learning all his frame data And ISW At close range i find very easy now Lol this advice was much apprechiated and will be put to very good use against bullrage ^^
Signature :STUNNNNNNNAHHHHHH MOTHER FUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAA

To be the best you have to endure harsh training Learn all that can be learned from every situational stand point Learn how to how to move and just love the game your playing otherwise why did you start playing in the 1st place
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER
@Killerdoll

I love how along with all your solid advice you included the need for having 'BIG BALLS!'

I'm buying you a drink when we meet

I take that as a promise man
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
Ramaady
5th Dan
PSN: Ramaady
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
i agree with killerdoll, that's what i do normaly against steves..
just keep in mind that almost all of steve moves are punches... and AK have nice tools to go against punches.. so make sure you use them!