Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJE
His magic 4 should be up there... Can the second hit of 43 be interrupted? Other move I like is df12 (15f).

Also what's with the hurry?

I was in hurry cuz I had tho get out of the computer. But fuck that.

That Raven low were Claudio jumps that causes ch combo does super good damage. How fast is that? Not the fastest but damage is damage.

How can you counter that starburst low low? In levelupyourgame video rip is crying about that move. Are there some kind of mixup like low mid? or just low low?
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yoloswag
That Raven low were Claudio jumps that causes ch combo does super good damage. How fast is that? Not the fastest but damage is damage.

db3, launch punishable
Originally posted by yoloswag
How can you counter that starburst low low? In levelupyourgame video rip is crying about that move. Are there some kind of mixup like low mid? or just low low?

It's low low.

It's not NC, if you get hit by the first, you can block the second by holding db.
Signature Follow me on twitter if you breathe
https://twitter.com/Macnuzz

Tekken 7 is ass
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S2_Dotoring
db3, launch punishable

It's low low.

It's not NC, if you get hit by the first, you can block the second by holding db.

Okay thx.

How punishable is that string? Can you parry that?

Overall.. Claudio seems pretty decent character. How bad/good are his frames?

sorry for scrub questions lul
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think you can low parry it if the first hits you. It's -12

Frames for T7:
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/inatekken/d/...%B
5%BBT7

LP = 1
RP = 2
LK = 3
RK = 4

directions can be seen on your numpad/calculator

T7FR:
New STB d1,2 is +3 on block
b1 safe on block

Otherwise it's mostly unchanged I think.

Tekken 7 is ass
AmyVista
Lone Wolf
PSN: AmyVista
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Is Claudio's 1+2 string actually useful ? As a Death Fist punisher for example ?
Signature
LJE
Fujin
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Never seen someone try use it to punish DF but it will probably whiff most of the time (not great range). I think the last hit floor breaks so useful as 17f punisher in floor break stages(?). Gives you STD as well.
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJE
I think the last hit floor breaks so useful as 17f punisher in floor break stages(?).

https://youtu.be/WBhXxkG5xPk?t=5m24s
It doesn't in T7.0, might have changed in T7FR

I highly doubt it though, but if the just-frame did break floors, he would end up without STB (he slams them on the ground THEN gets STB)

Originally posted by LJE
Gives you STD as well.

lol

Tekken 7 is ass
LJE
Fujin
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much a gimmick move then. Well it's a flashy move to punish RA.
Ashesfall
Fighter
PSN: only on PC
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
random question:
how strict is the input for his 1+2:1+2:f2 move?
is it like demoman from paul d4:2:1+2 (not blue sparks)
or more like vilotes misty kicks f3:3:3?
Signature FahKumRam - 11/10 most badass new fighter in History of Fighting games - i bow before the TekkenTeam
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
i vote for Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu in Season4 - Lets GO!
Sulfur
4th Dan
PSN: spypilot3
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
Why is Claudio considered low tier in this game? I think he feels strong (and between him, Jin and Lee he's the only character that i can consistently win with) but I'm a total noob.

Also, would claudio be a good character to begin with if i plan to main Lee in the future?

Originally posted by Ashesfall
random question:
how strict is the input for his 1+2:1+2:f2 move?
is it like demoman from paul d4:2:1+2 (not blue sparks)
or more like vilotes misty kicks f3:3:3?

Easy, have 1+2 bound to R1 and I can get it to consistently work by mashing it (R1) out.
Signature Street FIghter V was terrible so now I play Tekken.
Tuco
4th Dan
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Lee is actually one of the hardest character to master, has a lot of just frames, b2f loops, etc etc which are all advanced things.

Claudio is actually fairly easy, short movelist, 15-20 moves to use, easy combos, 50/50 with starbust, etc

He is considered midtier, though.
His core gameplay, while strong, is really straightforward, not enough mixup or unpredictability I guess (and he is been nerfed a few times already since his debut)
Sulfur
4th Dan
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tuco
Lee is actually one of the hardest character to master, has a lot of just frames, b2f loops, etc etc which are all advanced things.

Claudio is actually fairly easy, short movelist, 15-20 moves to use, easy combos, 50/50 with starbust, etc

I know that lee is harder on a technical level, but are they similar in their game plan? Like, is Claudio a good character to learn how to set up CH's and Poke?
thebee362
1st Dan
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
Which way do I SS Claudio? Also if you could specify for close up and from far range I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Sulfur
4th Dan
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm finding that I'm having a tough time whiiff punishing and punishing unsafe moves on block, is this a weakness of Claudio or do I just need to practice more?

I find that I can control space really well, but if someone closes in on me, I'm done.
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Most of his punishers have garbage range, so if you're at a certain range, you could call it a weakness of his

1,2 can barely punish King's df1,2
f2,2 can't punish getup kicks 90% of the time
d1+2 is a joke so you have to settle for df4
b2 is alright
uf4 and df1,2 have about equal range, think df1 has slightly more range because it goes forward a little

1+2,1+2,f_b2, uf4, fff2 (or ff2,1+2 is good too, if you mess fff2 up) for quick whiff punishers

For anti-pressure he has:

db2/db1
magic 4,3
f3 safe low crush homing move
d4 fastest high crush
b2 goes under jabs I believe, fastest and safest way into STB

Tekken 7 is ass
[Alpha]-0mega-
Kyu
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
Simple question: How the hell do you ever mixup or 'fight' against other characters as Claudio? Most other characters have some sort of normal mixup move in their movelist, but the only one I'm vaguely aware of in Claudo's arsenal is the 10hit combo one. (Which has a low halfway through the relatively slow combo... pretty much useless)

Ultimately I basically end up poking with normals left and right trying to chip away at their health, and only get off a combo if they make a tremendous mistake. (Hopkick on startup, 1/2/DF1 'mixup' with a lucky break) At long range it usually turns into a 50/50 whether I pick FFF2 or running F3, depending on how good the enemy is at dodging.

It 'kind of works', but at this rank I'm already feeling tremendous pressure to try and keep up compared to a lot of the other characters, who have more natural 'mixups' in their movesets. Currently stuck at Fighter/Vanguard.
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
ss4/ss mid move is your go-to mixup

Tekken 7 is ass
[Alpha]-0mega-
Kyu
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S2_Dotoring
ss4/ss mid move is your go-to mixup

That's what I was afraid of. I felt like SS4 is relatively slow and unsafe. Which made me mainly reserve it for oki usage.

Am I missing something special about it or is it really just a pretty risky mixup? I lack confidence in applying it on a regular basis vs DB3. But perhaps using DB3 is 10 times worse, I don't know for certain.
S2_Dotoring
Tekken 6 when
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
ss4 is -11 - It doesn't have great range so you have to dash up in their face

The thing special about it is: it's pretty much his only mixup option - ss4 is the only reason you should block low against Claudio, so force them to do so and start applying mids after stepping

Use db3 from afar, abuse its range, similar to d3

Tekken 7 is ass
Chaosbladeuk
1st Dan
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
There are some things they gave him and was wondering why he was given the short end of the stick.

1. Why did they make df+2 -13 on block!? It already has a crappy range and the move is pretty useless (a poor imitation of Lars TTT2U df+2).

2. 3+4 is not a launcher whereas Paul and Dragunov can

3. B+4, 2 is not a natural combo!