Page Splits 123>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
klaww
7th Dan
PSN: iKlaww
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
As simple as that, you can ask here if you have any question about claudio, we'll do our best to answer
Signature Graphic designer based in Italy. Fighting game enthusiast
AstralHK
7th Dan
PSN: Seattle_Li98
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess somebody has to start... I was going through the tier list thread in the general discussion forums, and it seems as though people accept Claudio as an extremely strong character. However, I don't see how he can compete with other top tier characters, such as shaheen or kazuya. From what I've seen (I may be wrong), Claudio doesn't have that many good mid pokes, and his damage output seems average at best. Furthermore, I rarely his Starbucks mechanic actually sway the direction of a match. So what's up with everyone saying he's super good? Idk much about the character, and I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong. Just wondering why people think he's strong.
Signature
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
He's defensive/zone heavy with a good amount of keep out. I think the biggest misconception with him is that he's built to get in your's opponent's face and stay there, he isn't, that's Shaheen's job. IMO his damage output is fine, he has it where it counts. Great examples are CH b+1, f+3, S!, f,f,f+2 which does a grip despite being only 3 hits and STB f+1+2,1+2 is often enough to get damn close to finishing off the round if it wasn't enough already.

True he's lacking in mid pokes and d/f+3 isn't a good enough series to warrant using in the open field, although it gets significantly better near the wall. On the other hand, STB's strength is in the idea it can be used at any time and the opponent has to effectively guess every time you going into an extendable option. For instance, STB d+2 is a great poke because the opponent freezes up and similarly STB f+1+2 causes the opponent to freeze (a la hesitation frames), allowing you to pseudo hit confirm it. Actually, IMO, the only way STB becomes worse is when opponent's start challenging it but when they do, give them the ol' STB (f+1+2),1+2 and teach them why that's a bad idea.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
klaww
7th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
he has good mid pokes imo, b+3 is a 13f safe knee,d/f+1 a semi decent 15f mid, b+4,2 is a safe delayable long reaching mid, plus the d/f+3 series, although good only at the wall
AmyVista
Lone Wolf
PSN: AmyVista
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Is STB d2,2 useful, even if the opponent knows how to block it ?
Signature
tyler2k
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AmyVista
Is STB d2,2 useful, even if the opponent knows how to block it ?
Yes, like I was writing about hesitation frames in my post above, the strength of STB is you get to pick when to activate it, it's not something you're committed to do or activates automatically. No one is perfect and if you start noticing people hard commit to ducking or standing, then adjust and punish accordingly.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
klaww
7th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
starburst to me doesn't seem so strong as a stance, of course it has its advantages, but i feel that you sacrifice damage: for example when you end a combo with b+4,2 as a wallcarry and enter starburst you almost can't get anything at the wall, and the combo damage when you have starburst active seems higher, using b+2 in combos and also 2,1,2 to S!
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree. He's definitely not made to carry people to the wall or get any wall combo if he does carry them to the wall. The only moves that do carry them to the wall are b2 and b42 but that'll put him to STB if he wasn't in STB to begin with. I would like to use df31 as a wall carry since that one doesn't put him to STB but can't seem to fit that into a combo.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
His STB is actually pretty good depends on what are intentions. When I'm in STB, I save f1+2, 1+2 as a wiff punisher. Very long range. I believe STB f1+2, 1+2 can also punish paul's DF and Heiachi's ff2. Without STB he won't able to launch punish moves with incredible push back.
klaww
7th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
That's my point, STB is useful if you save it, you stop throwing out random STB moves and focus on punishing with it and getting more combo damage
klaww
7th Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
tyler2k
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Something I noticed is that the hit following STB f+1+2,1+2 (aka the b-boy head spin) seems to be a grounded hit (e.g. 100% scaling). Can anyone confirm?

I say that because STB f+1+2,1+2, WR+2 does a grip.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Something I noticed is that the hit following STB f+1+2,1+2 (aka the b-boy head spin) seems to be a grounded hit (e.g. 100% scaling). Can anyone confirm?

I say that because STB f+1+2,1+2, WR+2 does a grip.

I don't think so. WR2 already does a grip as a single it juggle. Don't understand that you would follow up with a wr2 after STB f1+2, 1+2 rather than doing his real juggle.
AmyVista
Lone Wolf
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know how many frames is Claudio's db3 on hit ?
Signature
klaww
7th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
around +1/2 according to kurokuro's testings, it's not for sure though
LJE
Fujin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
+1 on ina.
AmyVista
Lone Wolf
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Only +1 ? Wow, I thought it would be like +3 or something...

Anyway, thanks for the answer guys
Signature
frenchKKiss
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
So I just played T7 for the first time and I'm picking Claudio as my main since Anna is not revealed yet. Here are some of my questions.

I can't seem to connect the 2 or 1 after b+3 in a juggle, whether it's before or after S!. What am I doing wrong?

Advice/Tips in doing fff+2, lol maybe this is old since Julia and King uses WR moves on their juggles. I "mained" Julia once and I never used her fff+1 on her juggles because I can't do it and I feel like it's not essential on her juggles, but for Claudio, I feel like I need to learn how to do it, so yeah.
Signature Follow me on snapchat @frenchkkiss
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by frenchKKiss
I can't seem to connect the 2 or 1 after b+3 in a juggle, whether it's before or after S!. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know which combos you are doing, but it should work if you're doing the jab faster, immediately after b3 has hit.

If you don't have STB activated, I don't really see any point in using 2 (2,1,2) over f2.

For b3 1, do b3 f1 instead.

Originally posted by frenchKKiss
Advice/Tips in doing fff+2

He explains how to do iWR @1:20
Not about Claudio, but it's the same concept

ff n f2
Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
FFwNayrith
Expert
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Q1: What is Claudio's playstyle focussed around? (poking/whiff punishing etc.)
Q2: What are his strengths and weaknesses?
Q3: How will he roughly stack up in the character tiers come FR?
Signature Tekken Elite Four: