Page Splits 1...<910111213>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#201 “Quote” Edit Post
Josie looks taller than law and she's got a big head.
ProjectRunAway
3rd Dan
PSN: Project-Run-Away
#202 “Quote” Edit Post
I just wanted to pop in here to say I love playing Josie. She's so fun and aggressive, like Bob, Bruce,and Roger combined into a fast, pokey character. Old Bruce was too stiff and predictable. Josie is kinda short-ranged, but her close range domination with +1 d+4 on-hit puts a lot of pressure on her opponents.
CFW
Berserker
PSN: CoolFreeWorld
#203 “Quote” Edit Post
Who are the notable Josie players right now? Looking to make her my secondary character for console.
Signature I <3 &
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#204 “Quote” Edit Post
Help me plays Josie (He played her in Tekken Crash)

I don't know about Japanese players though
Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
CFW
Berserker
PSN: CoolFreeWorld
#205 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks!

Here's a video of Persona against a Lili player

Persona vs Foward
Signature I <3 &
123mine123
Expert
#206 “Quote” Edit Post
So, Tekken 7 just arrived in our country. And I started using Leo.
Tekken 7 feels so slow and heavy at 1st. Especially with the nerfed movement.
Leo feels so different now.. not like her Tekken 6 and Tag versions.

So, I tried to use Josie instead.. and OMG I immediately can feel that she's gonna be my main.
She is a poking and rush down character and has the ability to create huge damage with just pokes.
She is now my Roger substitute.. if feels so good playing against a Lars and poking his life to 50% in just 10 seconds..
Her d+4 is so good..
And I also noticed that her standing jab causes Josie to step forward. It feels like her moves always want to go near her opponent. 1,2 is like the best move to start causing pressure.. xD
I have to play more next time. Time to save up some monee.

Last edited by 123mine123 on Oct 30th, 2015 at 18:19

Signature I'll miss you Roger.. T^T
Alley-Oop
Iron Fist God
#207 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know if Josie can punish stuff like Asuka's b+3, King's d+1+2 with her f+1+2?
123mine123
Expert
#208 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Alley-Oop
Does anyone know if Josie can punish stuff like Asuka's b+3, King's d+1+2 with her f+1+2?

Haven't really tested it as people I fight against don't spam this move but...
With Asuka's b+3, hard to tell. Depends on the range on where it hit. I would go for an u/f+3+4 instead.
With Kings d+1+2.. probably. I think it will hit since the push block is similar to blocking Paul's death fist.
Exterminator_
Warrior
#209 “Quote” Edit Post
how do you guys connect the ws2,1 d3,4 juggle consistently?

I tried dashing in different intervals but can't seem to connect.

Also, f1+2, df1,4,2 isn't as straightforward as I though :\ needs a bit of dash every time with an unusual timing (for me anyways)
123mine123
Expert
#210 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Exterminator_
how do you guys connect the ws2,1 d3,4 juggle consistently?

I tried dashing in different intervals but can't seem to connect.

Also, f1+2, df1,4,2 isn't as straightforward as I though :\ needs a bit of dash every time with an unusual timing (for me anyways)

There's really no easy way to do it sadly.
The input is just basically ws2,1~dash forward~d+3,4~f~wd1,3 for the combo.
Just practice and keep doing it until your muscle memory catches up and you'll get more consistent at it.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#211 “Quote” Edit Post
The ws+2,1 combo is pretty easy to detect where you go wrong if its like in Tag2. If your d+3 wiffs, you dashed too short. If your d+3 hits but doesnt float (grounded hit), you did it too slow/dashed too far.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Exterminator_
Warrior
#212 “Quote” Edit Post
dang, probably when the console is released because practicing in the arcade gets quite expensive.

btw, is the wd required for the 1,3? i tried the d+3,4~f 1,3 and seems that it'll connect.
123mine123
Expert
#213 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
The ws+2,1 combo is pretty easy to detect where you go wrong if its like in Tag2. If your d+3 wiffs, you dashed too short. If your d+3 hits but doesnt float (grounded hit), you did it too slow/dashed too far.

Actually, it's super similar to Bruce I don't think its even different at all.
Since I've been doing this combo for years now, I rarely drop it on Josie as well.

Originally posted by Exterminator_
dang, probably when the console is released because practicing in the arcade gets quite expensive.

btw, is the wd required for the 1,3? i tried the d+3,4~f 1,3 and seems that it'll connect.

Like I said above, practice it on Tag2 Bruce.
Also, just to be specific, I wrote wd1,3 because holding forward after the switch stance goes to a wave dash, not that you have to do the wave dash notation. xD
Alley-Oop
Iron Fist God
#214 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't notice that Josie's f+1+2 was i14. So she gets a mini-juggle, which is really good. https://youtu.be/14s1ikgmKNc @29:24 here she can launch punish King's FC+d/f+2
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#215 “Quote” Edit Post
i14? Wow didn't think it was that fast...good to know for now.

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#216 “Quote” Edit Post
Does she have a tech trap with her unblockable like Bruce does in T6?
123mine123
Expert
#217 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -Da Stunna-
Does she have a tech trap with her unblockable like Bruce does in T6?

Nope. She does this turning animation then kicks the opponent in the head.
It's high so it's easily ducked. But it is a juggle starter on hit I guess.
Still, really useless.
Benardus22
7th Dan
PSN: Benardus
#218 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey, I have a question for the people able to play Josie right now. How is her defense vs people who SSR. What tools does she have to stop them ( aside from homing moves )? Or is sidestepping so weak that it isn't such a big problem anymore in T7? I heard sidewalking is practically untouched so I would imagine people would want to SWR all day against Josie? I also she the koreans still performing mini sidesteps to EWGF so stepping looks pretty strong still.

I used to use b+1,2 or f+1+2 or f+3 ( this one is a little slow ) to keep people honest against my Bruce. Does Josie have any quick poke related tools to stop them from stepping to her weak side?
Signature Nothing comes to those who wait.
123mine123
Expert
#219 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Benardus22
Hey, I have a question for the people able to play Josie right now. How is her defense vs people who SSR. What tools does she have to stop them ( aside from homing moves )? Or is sidestepping so weak that it isn't such a big problem anymore in T7? I heard sidewalking is practically untouched so I would imagine people would want to SWR all day against Josie? I also she the koreans still performing mini sidesteps to EWGF so stepping looks pretty strong still.

I used to use b+1,2 or f+1+2 or f+3 ( this one is a little slow ) to keep people honest against my Bruce. Does Josie have any quick poke related tools to stop them from stepping to her weak side?

To be really really honest, side step really sucks in this game. Like even Lili players that SS a lot I hit in a more consistent rate. It's not entirely useless though as it's still has uses, but definitely not as great as previous entries.

But in case that's only because I poke way too much or my opponent just don't side step a lot anymore, f+3 and d/f1,2 is your best bet. Especially d/f1,2. It's really fast and if you mixed it up with other pokes, people wouldn't even react to duck it. You can also go for b+3. A decent homing move.
Benardus22
7th Dan
PSN: Benardus
#220 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx for the reply. I understand what you're saying. I've been watching a lot of Tekken from Japan and Korea and I still see some sidestepping ( not sidewalking ) being efficiently used, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7czOS4gr04Y#t=37m05s
( Shaheen uses d/f+1 and SSR and steps claudio's d+1 to hopkick )

Now, I understand, d+1 jabs have zero tracking. But they are fast. So sidestepping doesn't seem to have any delay, unlike what many people say. It still seems strong, far from useless, but you experience it as a lot weaker. Where does this discrepancy come from?

With all this in mind, do you still feel confident that Josie has a better situation vs good sidesteppers than Bruce had in TTT2? Sorry, maybe i'm being repetitive. But for people who can't play and feel Tekken 7 it's very hard to imagine the difference. Also no one has uploaded a video with accurate comparisons in sidestepping certain moves in TTT2 and in T7.

I really like Josie but being weak vs sidestep is a serious weakness and I play competitive so that makes or breaks the character for me.