Tekken 7 Season 3 speculation thread

Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Welsh Steel
Legend
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 541
From: Wales
PSN: Welsh__Steel
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Murakumo
Potentially unpopular opinion:

Bring back B! but only allow 1 B! or 1 S! per combo (either or).


I'd like it but...i'm no good at wall carrying on right side, so I don't like it :p

I feel the game is almost solid atm, Juggling ain't hard or majorly life threatening like on previous installments (unless you are using 2d...) and I feel that is a good thing + the juggle pro's have those rare moments where they get ideal circumstances to do a juggle circle around the stage.

I'd rather they took some time into re-evualating the wall bounce moves, don't get some having it much harder than others.
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3212
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Season 3 deconfirmed GUYS https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/s...889611702525953

But oh well that's Harada, so that maybe another one of his TROLLS
wrazor
Virtuoso
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 249
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
A season does not necessarily mean more characters. I would be happy with new skins with alternate property moves or RA or RD for current characters or another guest character. Really the game is too big already. Would you pay more $$ to play other chars, when there are already 45+ to go through?
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3212
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
So guys, name 6 of your top characters you would love for season 3 (of course if it will really happen and will have 6 characters, and even it will more likely be 5 legacy + 1 guest but just for Fun let's pick our Top 6 legacy)

Me:

1- Bruce (Legit version based on Tekken 2, tall, badass and dope af)
2- Wang Jinrey: Because he's dope, also an Old Man master a genre that still isn't in T7 despite the game having a bunch of character variety. (Heihachi is an old man, but not that category of Old man if you see what i mean)
3- Zafina: She's dope and unique, and an Oriental female would do great for the game too
4- Jun Kazama: I miss Jun in Solo game goddamit
5- Ganryu: He would be awesome .
6- Kunimitsu: She pretty dope,and just like Jun it's been an insane while we didn't see her in a Solo game, so that would be just hype AF

On all of that i'll add that, after playing a bit of Tekken 2, it remind me how a huge huge Bruce fan i was back in Tekken 2, but in Tekken 5 i wasn't anymore, and same for T6 and TTT2 even tho he was hella fun to play in those last games, but the "character" itself and wasn't Bruce, this is like in those old days right after Bruce Lee dies and many actors "Bruce Lee Clone" tried to copy his style, and that's exactly how T5 and post Bruce felt to me, some random guy that pretend to be Bruce but he just wasn't at all (for at least). So please Namco, if you're about to bring back Bruce, please bring the right one, the one and the only, the Tekken 2 based version one of Bruce, not the fake T5 and post Bruce

About Guest characters: As usual not something i'd be too thumb up about, unless with the exception of Tifa that i mentioned before, especially since FF7R and she would fit too well and more than any other guest in T7 imo. Snake and Wesker would be sick too tho but you know as usual guests aren't in top proprieties for me.

Last edited by SSfox on Jul 10th, 2019 at 22:18

SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3212
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1...1495041/photo/1

Is that UriahHall guy is gonne be the new voice and mocap actor for Bruce?
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2360
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
If that event is meant for an eventual introduction of Bruce as it ends.., I'm gonna be a very very happy man. Finally.

However Harada recently jumped in to say there won't be more stuff in the form of characters or s3. Could be anything at this point
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3212
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
If that event is meant for an eventual introduction of Bruce as it ends.., I'm gonna be a very very happy man. Finally.

However Harada recently jumped in to say there won't be more stuff in the form of characters or s3. Could be anything at this point


Harada also said that there won't be no reveal at last Evo ^

I still don't think they will reveal anything at Comic Con considering Evo is just around the corner, but this Uriah Hall MMA guy really feels suspicious tbh, i just googled him and may look crazy speculation, and it's still pure speculation from me but it's not definitely impossible he would have something to do with Mr Irvin reborn for T7.
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 339
From: Norway
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
While I certainly wouldn't mind if more characters were added, I won't hold my breath.

What I would really like to see if there's a Season 3, is a patch that will finally make it possible to wear a hat and a different hair color/hairstyle at the same time. It's really annoying that they STILL haven't fixed that.

Also, I'd really appreciate a patch that will make it possible to wear custom outfits for Tekken Bowl.
Signature
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 929
From: Russia
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
So guys, name 6 of your top characters you would love for season 3 (of course if it will really happen and will have 6 characters, and even it will more likely be 5 legacy + 1 guest but just for Fun let's pick our Top 6 legacy)

Me:

1- Bruce (Legit version based on Tekken 2, tall, badass and dope af)
2- Wang Jinrey: Because he's dope, also an Old Man master a genre that still isn't in T7 despite the game having a bunch of character variety. (Heihachi is an old man, but not that category of Old man if you see what i mean)
3- Zafina: She's dope and unique, and an Oriental female would do great for the game too
4- Jun Kazama: I miss Jun in Solo game goddamit
5- Ganryu: He would be awesome .
6- Kunimitsu: She pretty dope,and just like Jun it's been an insane while we didn't see her in a Solo game, so that would be just hype AF

On all of that i'll add that, after playing a bit of Tekken 2, it remind me how a huge huge Bruce fan i was back in Tekken 2, but in Tekken 5 i wasn't anymore, and same for T6 and TTT2 even tho he was hella fun to play in those last games, but the "character" itself and wasn't Bruce, this is like in those old days right after Bruce Lee dies and many actors "Bruce Lee Clone" tried to copy his style, and that's exactly how T5 and post Bruce felt to me, some random guy that pretend to be Bruce but he just wasn't at all (for at least). So please Namco, if you're about to bring back Bruce, please bring the right one, the one and the only, the Tekken 2 based version one of Bruce, not the fake T5 and post Bruce

About Guest characters: As usual not something i'd be too thumb up about, unless with the exception of Tifa that i mentioned before, especially since FF7R and she would fit too well and more than any other guest in T7 imo. Snake and Wesker would be sick too tho but you know as usual guests aren't in top proprieties for me.


1. Bruce obviously;

2. Baek;

3. Ganryu;

4. Zafina;

5. Kunimitsu;

6. Wang.
Haseeb_Zaibatsu
2nd Dan
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 26
From: Pakistan
PSN: Haseeb-I
XBL: iBurnouts
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
1. No more character
2. No more character
3. No more character
4. No more character
5. No more character
6. No more character
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2360
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you folks think Markman's latest twit on this years Evo is but mere bait?
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 339
From: Norway
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Do you folks think Markman's latest twit on this years Evo is but mere bait?


What did he say?
Signature
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2360
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#53 “Quote” Edit Post


I mean bait for making us believe there'll be an important announcement like new characters for a s3 thingy, or maybe T8/SFxT, and then just nothing of these two possibilities?, just thank you for coming to/streaming/watching the event?
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 339
From: Norway
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks. That does sound interesting. It could be either of those things you mentioned.

But as you say, it could just as easily be nothing. Perhaps we shouldn't get our hopes up.
Signature
Ashesfall
Fighter
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3134
From: Germany
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
this is what i predict now
(daydreamer)

Bruce "BackTwo" Irvin reveal
(trailer theme "underground Muay Thai training")
and Kunimitsu will also be revealed
(trailer theme "Ninjas never die (they only disappear)")
and as always (i hope ^^) a sneak peak to the guest fighter

---
kinda hope they touch ranked in some way to make it feel fresh and new
the MK11 season system seems really fun (and i also had fun in season1 but didnt put to much time into it.)
---
(PC) oh and i would still like to see a tekken7 (mp3) tunes system for the stages
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
SSfox
Foxstepman
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3212
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
So i'm just the only one that suspect Uriah may have something to do with season 3 Bruce?

Also if Bruce is real I hope his trailer will involve Lei and Kazuya. I mean season 2 trailers were pretty well done so someone can hope season 3 will follow if not do even better.

PS: And ffs make him tall like he was in T2.
wrazor
Virtuoso
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 249
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
I think Bruce, Alex and Bo Montana all are going to be announced. XD Hopefully we also get those great stages as well.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2360
From: Spain
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Also if Bruce is real I hope his trailer will involve Lei and Kazuya. I mean season 2 trailers were pretty well done so someone can hope season 3 will follow if not do even better
Lei-Bruce friendship relation story was but another victim of Harada's incompetence at keeping some coherence within the storyline (you cannot achieve coherence when you resurrect characters that were death).

The last I remember about this was tekken2 days. Before the second tournament took place they were friends. Then Bruce had a terrible airplane accident and lost his memory as result. Kazuya enlists Bruce as another mercenary of his, aka t2 sub-bosses, with the goal of preventing his old friend from continuing with his investigation on Mishima Zaibatsu crimes around the world, in other words by killing Lei. The canonical ending to their fight had Bruce getting defeated by Lei, and his memory being restored as an outcome to that too. Bruce dies two years later at the hands of Ogre, of course.

In T2 they were respective sub-bosses stage characters. You play as Lei and find Bruce in combat 8. Bruce then finds Lei as sub-boss too.

All of this wasn't even retconned when Harada began bringing back from death all T2 sub-bosses. The story between these two was simply dropped when Harada resurrected Bruce.

An yes. Bruce was tallest T2 character after Kuma of course. This wasn't again taking into account in his T5 resurrection though.

Last edited by Fernandito on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 18:35

Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 339
From: Norway
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Bruce and Lei were never friends. That is a myth that most likely originated with the fanfic "Historicum Tekkenicus".

Here are the official Tekken 2 profiles for Lei and Bruce, posted and translated by kurichan (I think?) on this forum a few years ago:

--------------------------------------------
LEI:
Wulong Lei, Hong Kong's International Police Agency's Number 1, uses a self-developed form
of Chinese Kenpo.

Following the trail his deceased colleague left behind, Wulong pursued the puzzling case
of the mafia's money laundering operation. A mafia account, who was on board the same
flight that killed Wulong's partner, was on his way to deliver some very important
documents to Kazuya before the flight went down.


Wulong has entered the tournament to confront Kazuya about this matter.

BRUCE:
Bruce Irvin: Invincible fighter.

Bruce, who had lost both his parents and elder brother in his infancy, grew up living a
life plagued by hunger and much violence. Disliking the cards fate had dealt him, Bruce
yearned to live the good life, and his resolve made him a very strong fighter.

As he was a kickboxing practitioner, Bruce went to Thailand to compete in a Muay Thai
Kickboxing tournament, and his performance destroyed the former popular champion's hopes
of ever returning, and as a result, a Muay Thai gambling organization put out a contract
on Bruce's life.

While on board a returning flight home, the contract killer attempted to take Bruce's
life, but an investigator of Hong Kong's International Police force, who was also on the
flight, thwarted his efforts. A fight ensued and when it was over the plane went down.


A unit from Kazuya's facilities later rescued Bruce, who had been surviving off of human
remains for several months.
--------------------------------------------

I've highlighted certain parts in bold in order to show their connection. These people were aboard that plane:

Bruce
Mafia hitman who was there to kill Bruce (and deliver some important documents to Kazuya)
Lei's partner

Bruce was the only one who survived the plane crash.

Last edited by Aphasia on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 19:27

Signature
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 339
From: Norway
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Just in case you're curious, here is the thread with the official character profiles for Tekken 1 and 2, all translated by kurichan:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=100103
Signature

 All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17

Page Splits <123
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump