Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MmickeysS
No one has complained about 1,1 only giving a mix-up. Its range is bad and horribly inconsistent. The hitbox seems to be on his wrist rather than his knuckles. You can see this against Steve very well, the punch will pass his head but not connect, even when he's just standing there. I'll just make a video so that it's easier to see.

There's nothing wrong with having a short ranged jab, but there's something wrong with having a jab that enters the opponent's hurt box but does not connect. Jack's 1,1 is a punish now (not my doing), it's going to be in his key moves from now on so I just want one of his key moves to be adjusted to work properly is all.

Jack's 1 jab

https://i.imgur.com/rz4kltD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7YeycCZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PhxTDIi.jpg

In the video, I noticed the problem with Jack, against Katarina's hopkick at the wall, is that sometimes Jack blocks the kick late and you see the block spark at his knee instead of his torso. I admit that range isn't the main issue in that scenario.

Just give it up bro...... The reach is irrelevant.... Miguel is a 11f punish without KDN..... What about Jacks insane reach in his df2.... Should 1,1 be launch punishable? db1 should get a nice nerf as well
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
err highly situational as you need to be against the wall and off axis to make it happen (and against 1 character that has better moves to use at the wall)

at worse case

you can always just load last patch (punish with 2,1)

i think this is more of a case of katarinas hopkick hurtbox being bs rather than jacks hitbox with his 1,1

theres a bunch of characters that have also have crap reach with their punishers (jin 2,4 lili 2,4 hei df1,2) nothing out of the ordinary its just tekkies

you need to play more characters to get perspective.. jacks overall reach is above average compared to the rest of the cast
MmickeysS
Virtuoso
PSN: MmickeysS
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
So everything in those images looks fine to everyone and it's just me? Ok I guess.

Last edited by MmickeysS on Nov 19th, 2018 at 06:48

Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
its not but you still have an alternative 2,1.. and its highly situational where range wouldnt reach off a blocked hopkick (face it nobodys using 1,1 outside punishers)

theyll probably fix it and if they didnt.. just 2,1

theres a ton of characters that have range problems off their punishers jin 2,4 lili 2,4 josie f2,4 hell almost all female jabs are short

you crying about jack only shows you lack perspective.. try playing other characters first before u complain about something so trivial
MmickeysS
Virtuoso
PSN: MmickeysS
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol, you comparing him to other characters shows your clear bias against Jack in particular. You assuming I play only Jack is completely false for he is about the latest of about 15 characters I've picked up in total. Something about the words "Jack" and "improve" being used in the same sentence has clearly offended you.

1,1 and 2,1 do very different things at very different speeds, they are not simply "alternatives". You'd have been better off saying d/f+3+4. Again this is not a case of the jab not reaching, let's call a spade a spade, this is a case of the jab reaching but not connecting. I don't understand why there is so much resistance from you towards something that is clearly faulty not by design.

"There's a ton of characters that have range problems" well there's a ton of characters that don't. Jack's size it too big to be one of them. You're comfortably comparing Jack to Josie and other tiny females instead of to characters like Bob, Gigas and Kuma, and I'm the one who lacks perspective? No, you're using the wrong perspective.

Miguel's jab range was halved intentionally and you can clearly see it does not reach. Those other characters you've mentioned do not have their limbs cross through the opponent's face like in this scenario. If any of your characters were given a new change and you discovered a major problem with the change, you would do the same. I'd even accept if they fixed the animation to not reach at all.

Anyway, if they fix it or not, I've done my part of giving feedback and will continue playing Jack they way I always have. IF it's working as intended, it shall remain the same and life will go on.
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MmickeysS
Lol, you comparing him to other characters shows your clear bias against Jack in particular. You assuming I play only Jack is completely false for he is about the latest of about 15 characters I've picked up in total. Something about the words "Jack" and "improve" being used in the same sentence has clearly offended you.

1,1 and 2,1 do very different things at very different speeds, they are not simply "alternatives". You'd have been better off saying d/f+3+4. Again this is not a case of the jab not reaching, let's call a spade a spade, this is a case of the jab reaching but not connecting. I don't understand why there is so much resistance from you towards something that is clearly faulty not by design.

"There's a ton of characters that have range problems" well there's a ton of characters that don't. Jack's size it too big to be one of them. You're comfortably comparing Jack to Josie and other tiny females instead of to characters like Bob, Gigas and Kuma, and I'm the one who lacks perspective? No, you're using the wrong perspective.

Miguel's jab range was halved intentionally and you can clearly see it does not reach. Those other characters you've mentioned do not have their limbs cross through the opponent's face like in this scenario. If any of your characters were given a new change and you discovered a major problem with the change, you would do the same. I'd even accept if they fixed the animation to not reach at all.

Anyway, if they fix it or not, I've done my part of giving feedback and will continue playing Jack they way I always have. IF it's working as intended, it shall remain the same and life will go on.

LOL all this talk for 1 move in 1 single situation for something jack didn't even have (or was useless for the whole T7 and even before)

Jack getting a punishment buff from S1 is already a godsend (considering what they did to drag kazumi and other dominant chars).. given that jack's were dominating the scene for the whole of S1 around the world

yeah sure i lack perspective
patzeram
Tennis hacker
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Just downloaded Marduk and Armor King and loaded both to the game. However for some reason only Marduk is playable and AK is still locked! Anyone else have this problem?
Signature I like the moment when I break a man's ego-Bobby Fischer.
Tekken is like chess but chess doesn't have JFs.
Tennis current weekend player.
enko
Champion
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by patzeram
Just downloaded Marduk and Armor King and loaded both to the game. However for some reason only Marduk is playable and AK is still locked! Anyone else have this problem?

try to restart.
avensis
Banned By Mod
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
I Also have this problem with Marduk and AK.

Last edited by avensis on Jan 19th, 2019 at 21:32

effin_chizzy
Kyu
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
If you play on ps4 you may have to go i to tekken 7 via your ps library then go to your purchased dlc and download them from there. Thats what i had to do