Does Zafina needs an "overhaul" ?

Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >

Poll Results

Does Zafina needs to change ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
No, I like the way she is.
5 62.50%
Yes, she needs to change.
3 37.50%
8 Votes 100%
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
Take out Negan and replace him with Ganryu. Take out Josie and replace with Bruce.

Voila. Perfect roster.
You took the words out of my mouth. Josie has been a terrible terrible insulting ,denigrating and infuriating thing for everybody that liked Bruce, me included. And about Codename: Sex Reassignment Surgery.., I think the next game could have both perfectly fine. You press punch = Raven; you press kick = Sex Reasignment Surgery, so the effeminate and the mind sick (and/or for women who like her), are happy too. Just like we did with roger/alex/ Chreddy and Kuma/Panda in the past.

And Negan.., as said, It will bring some more casuals to play the game for a couple of weeks after throwing the game into the bargain bin. Then we will stay to continue playing the game, but devs won't care.

Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito Another case of surrealism regarding the masses controlled by a lobby agenda, and their influence on creativity. That can not be tolerated.
Tekken 7 is no different. I cannot say if it's because of lobbying or the degenerate culture we're in. Very subtle but it's still there. Just examples. Anna and Bob's new outfits, Julia's new trailer and the whole Jaycee thing, LC entire character creation, robots, bears. Propaganda and deception in my eyes.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
^Indeed. Josie Nobody; The Chloe Monster™; Leo The Thing®, and Codename: Gender Reassignment Surgery are everyday there everytime I have to pass through the character selection screen to remind me about that. It's just that fucked up. Then we have Alisa and Asuka that are mere stupid weeaboo serving a $$$ purpose.

Next tekken will probably have a female roster of about 80%. Half weeaboo teens. And "fans" will like it

Indeed nukes are for considered man's greatest invention for a reason.

StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha I agree. It makes me think about a thread someone made about why fighting games should be primarily males or only males. I used to strictly disagree with that without a thought. But irl, one man can take down more than one women.

So I think, what does that say about these female fighters? Take a look at WWE and the rest of that whole empire. If you think those are real women...look again.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
When tekken was born, and despite every character being based on some martial users celebrities from the seventies, eighties and nineties, it was still a fantasy game, hence you could put a few females in the roster without a problem, as long as these few girls had a quality control to them. And so good quality females that never felt stupid were born, such as kunimitsu, Michelle, Nina and Anna, ending with Jun.

About Jun. Many of you weren't still there to know the character in her context by those golden days (when it wasn't even necessary to see the characters talking in order to have that natural magic enshrouding them), but in the beginning, the only purpose of Jun was to serve as Jin's mother, so a new "Kazuya" could be added to a future roster after his GLORIOUS death at Heihachi's hands, being a 20 years old boy only. However, and due not only to her mysterious personality but also to the tremendous implicit quality that was also natural to a character such as her, and the brutality of his death at the hands of Ogre when defending his son, she became legend to the tekken base. And yes.., death was very important to achieve that status too, just like happened with Kazuya who should have never been resurrected, let alone of he was going to be this nº28346747349364 generic gangster.

^That is how you create good tekken female character too, and a legend that will always follow them. With Jun, the female roster in tekken had already achieved such level of greatness, and was already complete. Michelle couldn't find the precious jewel Heihachi had stolen from her tribe, but she retired to have a good life and adopted Julia; Kunimitsu died at the hands of yoshimitsu, faling in his revenge desire and hatred towards him because of the terrible injures that he caused to her (not only the scar but she was also blind); Jun was brutally murderer but suceeded in her duty of protecting Jin; and then the Williams hehe, with personalities like the one emanating from Anna that are so good that even still reasonate to this day.

Ok. What we got later on to continue with such female legacy of pure awesomeness? (when characters didn't even need to talk to be liked by us), ahem.., Christie, Lili, Asuka, Chloe, Josie, Eliza...; only Zafina and somewhat Katarina have managed to look decent and feel like adult women in the eyes of some of us. Still, they have kinda failed in delivering that magic that their predecessors had to them.

In short. There's absolutely no problem with female characters in a fantasy fighting game, but only as long as they are just a few and very good and adult oriented. Please note thatwhen saying adult, it doesn't necessarily have to mean sexual oriented, although it will always be inevitable, let alone if the makers are these one-track minded japanese folks.

This is why the loss of Zafina, the last quality female to the series along with also probably Katarina, is felt like a massive one. And this being said by someone like me who don't even use them..., but want to see them around.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Lili and Asuka were 2 dope awesome female characters before Namco ruined their personality and lore by turning them into some random hentai lesbians to please weebs.
DG.PRO
Berserker
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I remember the time that I was hyped to play Tekken 6 to see how Asuka's character will progress from the way she was in 5 ...

But then I realized that she was just turned into Lili's rival and love interest.(And her character remained the same in tag 2 and 7)
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Based on Julia's teaser, it seems like they turned her into one of the immature, giggly teenage girls Tekken is so full of. That's such a shame, I'm definitely not liking that at all. She was always one of the more mature females despite being of similar age with Asuka, Ling and Lili.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
She's fine the way she is. Getting sick of all the females getting retooled for waifu clowns.
Signature
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
@Fernandito. I agree. I really like to see a strong female appearance. I think most of us do.

They could have done a better job with Asuka and Lili's story lines. Asuka could have been on Jin's trail more or something to that affect. Discover that can heal this that and the other. That would have been more story line oriented and would have made Asuka more mature and make her more realistic as to why she's entering the tournament. Now when I think of Asuka. I just think, bigs hands, tits, and possibly lesbian? That's it. Sad.

Julia teaser makes me shake my head. I have no doubt she'll be fun for everyone. But personally, I love Julia/Michelle, the Changs for their spirituality, connection to nature, being Chinese and Native American. That seem pretty rare. All that, I feel is gone.

I feel like after T6 Julia has not connection to nature. And the trailer proved that to me. "Stream is live, you ready?!" You can't reforest shit with WIFI,3G, 4G or any of that stuff around...Period. As soon as she said that, her two fingers went up saluting their god. Wicked. We have a game full of devils lol. But this is deception. No more nature of spirituality I guess. Can't think of any other character who would fill that void.

They cut her hair and I feel like the Jaycee character is still in her outfit. I don't like it at all.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Based on Julia's teaser, it seems like they turned her into one of the immature, giggly teenage girls Tekken is so full of. That's such a shame, I'm definitely not liking that at all. She was always one of the more mature females despite being of similar age with Asuka, Ling and Lili.

They tried to take inspiration from Casie Cage.......

But I disagree slightly.... Asuka and M Raven don't come off giggly at all..... Asuka's story is fucked, but she has a cool pissed off persona
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by StudBuddha
I feel like after T6 Julia has not connection to nature. And the trailer proved that to me. "Stream is live, you ready?!" You can't reforest shit with WIFI,3G, 4G or any of that stuff around...Period. As soon as she said that, her two fingers went up saluting their god. Wicked. We have a game full of devils lol. But this is deception. No more nature of spirituality I guess. Can't think of any other character who would fill that void.

From what I understood, Julia is using her stream to collect funds for the reforestation project. That made me respect the whole streaming thing a little bit more but I sure as hell don't think Julia is the right character to be a streamer. I'd understand it if she was a new character introduced in T7 but she's been in Tekken for 20 years and her story and personality are established to such an extent that she just doesn't fit the role of a streamer. It makes her look and sound much more immature than in the past.

Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
But I disagree slightly.... Asuka and M Raven don't come off giggly at all..... Asuka's story is fucked, but she has a cool pissed off persona

I never said Raven was giggly. And maybe Asuka isn't either, but she sure is immature. The way she acts has made her entire character and personality a joke.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Gotta agree that their personalities are still there, it mostly about their lore that was completely messed up, and with that it can make you sometimes completely forget about great aspects of those characters.
Bad At Tekken
Champion
PSN: Sir_Acolyte
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
In short. There's absolutely no problem with female characters in a fantasy fighting game, but only as long as they are just a few and very good and adult oriented. Please note thatwhen saying adult, it doesn't necessarily have to mean sexual oriented, although it will always be inevitable, let alone if the makers are these one-track minded japanese folks.

This is why the loss of Zafina, the last quality female to the series along with also probably Katarina, is felt like a massive one. And this being said by someone like me who don't even use them..., but want to see them around.

I don't necessarily agree with that. A quality female character doesn't always have those qualities. For example I find Lili to be a quality character due to how grandiose she is in her personality and actions. She's rich, she's dramatic, she's over the top, and only fights because she enjoys kicking people's asses. She's twisted in her nature, and that's what makes her so appealing.

Just because a character is more attractive to a certain crowd doesn't make them a bad character.
Signature "1,7. Hot steppin' like Tekken. I'ma be your main bitch in a game like ." -Azealia Banks
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think that a doll my daughter has played with, and probably yours too if you have one, can be seen so appealing in the eyes of a man. On the other hand, if you are a woman then I of course can understand you can identify with or just like her for whatever the personal reasons I don't need to understand, because I'm a man, and that toy was oriented towards children of the feminine gender.

I mean bro, you know that's Barbie right?; it is a doll most of us have bought to our daughters, along with the also iconic Nancies, and that is designed, created and oriented for the young children of that gender. You know what I mean?

WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
It's just based on not being popular.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
I don't think that a doll my daughter has played with, and probably yours too if you have one, can be seen so appealing in the eyes of a man. On the other hand, if you are a woman then I of course can understand you can identify with or just like her for whatever the personal reasons I don't need to understand, because I'm a man, and that toy was oriented towards children of the feminine gender.

I mean bro, you know that's Barbie right?; it is a doll most of us have bought to our daughters, along with the also iconic Nancies, and that is designed, created and oriented for the young children of that gender. You know what I mean?

um... maybe because the character is fun to play, and not just a image of an action figure? The characters aren't avatars of yourself, lol.... Picking Bryan doesn't reaffirm your masculinity

Zaf's gender really doesn't matter, she crawls on the ground like something off The Ring..... very cool, obscure character... just not popular, unfortunately
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Under most circumstances, players are either going to pick characters based on how good the said character are in a major tournament. Other likely reasons include adjusting to specific match ups or (from a casual perspective) because of aesthetic value (they just genuinely like a character).

On the topic of Zafina, part of me does hope she comes back. Not making her playable now would be sort of a waste.

I don't play Zaf (I'm a Changs and Mishima guy still thankful for Julia being back) but, what Zafina offers is still something worth appreciating.
Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
DG.PRO
Berserker
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not sure if bringing Zafina the same way that She was in 7 and Tag 2 will make her popular or more interesting in people eyes.

Redesigning her is a double edged sword. her redesign might turn off her fans and doesn't attract that much players.

Tell me this guys. Was Zafina less popular and used compared to Bob and Miguel ?(Since I remember not many expected to see these 2 in Tekken 7.)

The Only "hit" characters of Tekken 6 were Lars,Alisa and Leo.(Hence why they were in Tekken 7 from the first gameplay trailer. So I don't think that these 2 have that much chance of appearing in Tekken 8.)
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DG.PRO
So I don't think that these 2 have that much chance of appearing in Tekken 8.)
I don't think there will be more characters at all after season2, so we can consider her gone. The characters we see in season 2 are more than probably the last in t8