Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Tiexandrea
Zombie On Your Lawn
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi.

I've been doing a lot of playing with Jin and I think the next big step in my wall game with Jin is learning how to parry and punish panic-induced tag crashes. I think I'm not the only one who's done a lot of testing on how to get free hits with tag crashes, so maybe we can use this thread to share stuff.

So here's what I have so far.

On the Wall, Jin is the point character, he ends a wall tag assault or a wall pummel with 1+2

Assuming that the opponent is mashing tag crash already, which means that the opponent will tag crash immediately after his character recovers, I've found that if you mash parry (b+1+3 or b+2+4) after Jin recovers from his 1+2 on hit, he is able to parry the tag crash. I think the best way to do this is -- after you press 1+2, release 1 but hold 2, then hold b on the stick, then start mashing 4 with the finger you used to press 1. That should be the easiest way to mash b+2+4. If you're successful, from here on, you have a number of choices available to you.

b+2,1 or b,f+2,1 -- Well, you're on the wall already. Once your opponent's other tag crashes in and you parry it, hitting a sudden b+2,1 or b,f+2,1 immediately will cause a float situation which will allow you to carry the new opponent into the wall again for another set of wall combos. In cases wherein the opponent does not float in a good enough axis to the wall, sometimes a 1,3~3 after to attempt to bound him does not work 100% of the time, so maybe a b,f+2,3~f~4 will do nicely.

d+3+4 -- If you delay doing this just a teeny bit and if you time it right, you can get a full juggle right after parrying the tag crash, and it will completely register as a legitimate punish. So far, I have this down on muscle memory and it is reliable. Careful though, it's a bitch on block if you get it wrong

On the Wall, Jin is the point character, he ends a wall tag assault or a wall pummel with d/b+2,2,3

This one's fun. Assuming again that the opponent is mashing tag crash already, which means that the opponent will tag crash immediately after his character recovers, I've found that if you sidewalk to the FOREGROUND immediately after Jin recovers d/b+2,2,3, the opponent's new character will tag crash and it will be a complete whiff, and you are able to get free hits. Here's what I have so far on this.

b+2,1 -- This, I think is the safest and most sure route. Doing b+2,1 immediately after sidestepping will cause you to float your newly-entered opponent. From here, you can do a b,f+2,3~f~4 for maximum damage. Unfortunately, as of my testing, I can't get a full-bound juggle off of this.

CD+1 -- This works! A well-timed and well-placed CD+1 after you sidestep will cause a full BT juggle. You just have to delay doing the CD+1 just a teeny bit. Mind you, it's not the instant version of Jin's CD+1. You really have to let Jin travel a bit during his CD animation for him to reach the target. A few minutes of practice will allow you to do this and maybe a few more hours will get it into muscle memory. After hitting this for a full BT juggle, 1,2,3 will allow you to bound him well, and b,f+2,1, 1,3~3 will work on Ogre.

So, does anybody have any other juicy tidbits on good setups to parry tag crashes? Please post them here.

Last edited by Tiexandrea on Jan 12th, 2013 at 16:51

Signature
Originally posted by Ben111
the main reason old tekkens sucked was that you had to practice to be good at them
( TZ Jargon Dictionary ) ( TZ Forum FAQ ) ( TZ Members' Profile Directory )
Tiexandrea
Zombie On Your Lawn
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Was playing a while ago with a human opponent, and I found that the sidestep setup using d/b+2,2,3 is heavily dependent on the angle, and does not work all the time. I still have so much testing to do on that one.
Signature
Originally posted by Ben111
the main reason old tekkens sucked was that you had to practice to be good at them
( TZ Jargon Dictionary ) ( TZ Forum FAQ ) ( TZ Members' Profile Directory )
Kenshobu
Shihan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Interesting, but wouldn't it be easier to just bind L2 (or other shoulder buttons ) to 1+3 for parry? b+L2 is my input for parry, much easier.

Wasn't aware Jin could parry tag crashes. But i do tend to parry alot to punish my opponents, or parry people running towards me with the shoulder bash (non blockable one) or moves like armor kings 3+4,2 or Kings annoying b+1+4 for that annoying unblockable GLITCHED body slam.

That's why i love Jin, dont need to take crap from anyone with the Parry move.
Sweeney
Berserker
PSN: DoDaDorya
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I wouldn't make a habit of parrying Armor king 3+4 2 if I were you: Amk can 3+4, bait the parry and launch you. My brother's done it to me before. If you think the followup is coming, just sidewalk right in between the hits and he'll fly straight past you, lol.
Or jab inbetween and float him for more practicality and less swag.

Last edited by Sweeney on May 31st, 2013 at 00:43

Signature Now Testify!