Eddy and Christie Combo Thread

Page Splits 1...<78910>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you guys use as the final wall carry, after the bound, playing double capos?

I do the ss4,3 with the other capo, and complete with 1,2 or uf4, but as far as I tested, none is actually good.

Also, why do some people use ws13 as tag filler, when b3,3 is easier and 2 more damage?
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't answer the first question, but for the second question, I guess its a matter of habit? Either that, or I 'feel' like ws+1,3 hits the opponent a bit higher (but it turns out to be the same as ss+2,4, which is more damage than b+3,3 or ws+1,3)...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
insanelee
tinh yeu
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
thinking about playing eddy/marduk, unfortunately no access to tk training mode for holidays. anyone have optimal midscreen and wall ta combos?

bronson.
Signature www.eightarc.com
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
Combo list updated..
Christie & Eddy Combo List v0.5

- added combos from CH d/b+2,3
- combos from f,f+4
- from ss+3+4
- added a few Forest~Eddy combos
- tidy the list a bit.

Originally posted by LuizWsp
What do you guys use as the final wall carry, after the bound, playing double capos?

I do the ss4,3 with the other capo, and complete with 1,2 or uf4, but as far as I tested, none is actually good.

After a TA ss+4,3 with your 2nd Capo you don't get many options really. You can 1,2 or u/f+4 or u/f+3+4.
if you do TA b+3,3 instead you get less damage. But this TA filler can push the enemy just as far as TA ss+4,3 based on my observation. You get the same options for your ender but the combo timing is slightly different so you may find TA b+3,3 beneficial in some situation, maybe.

However if your start the TA early, say qcf+3, u/f+1+2~5, [TA 3,4]...then you have plenty more options afterwards:
- b+3,3, RLX 2,3~5
- b+3,3, RLX 2,f+3
- qcf+3, b+3,3~5
- 1,u/f+3+4
- 1, 1, 1... in other words 3x dash jabs
- 1, 1, 1,2

You have several options to end your combo, when You start the TA early. But from what I've seen the launcher b+3,3, RLX 2,4~5 [TA ss+4~3], 1,2 is one of double Capos furthest wall carrying combos.

So if you aim to carry the opponent very far stick with launcher, b+3,3, RLX 2,4~5 etc. But when you're not too far from the wall you should switch to combos where you do early TA such as launcher, d/f+1,1, u/f+1+2~5 or launcher, u/f+1+2~5 so you can have more options to wall carry your enemy.

Originally posted by LuizWsp
Also, why do some people use ws13 as tag filler, when b3,3 is easier and 2 more damage?

Originally posted by CaCarmen
I can't answer the first question, but for the second question, I guess its a matter of habit? Either that, or I 'feel' like ws+1,3 hits the opponent a bit higher (but it turns out to be the same as ss+2,4, which is more damage than b+3,3 or ws+1,3)...

I agree it's probably just their habit. So far I think as juggle fillers in general ws+1,3 and b+3,3 are equally great. I think in numerous combos b+3,3 can be swapped for ws+1,3 and people only require to adjust their timing a bit.

Originally posted by insanelee
thinking about playing eddy/marduk, unfortunately no access to tk training mode for holidays. anyone have optimal midscreen and wall ta combos?

bronson.

Can't give you combos because I don't play Marduk. But I can post some basic combo guidelines. When you start a TA after 4 hits or less(e.g Kazuya EWGF, EWGF, d/f+1,2 ) you can do TA 3,4 with Eddy. 3,4 is Eddy's most damaging TA filler...AFAIK

When you do a late TA(after more than 4 mid air hits) you use Eddy's TA ss+4,3.

Eddy's most damaging combo ender after a TA is ss+4~3. A single hit that yields big damage, that even on 40-50% damage scale it still gives around 20 damage.

Punishing moves on block with Eddy's juggle starters get you 80-85 damage in general because his launchers don't deal much damage. Except his ws+1,3 which after a mid-air positional reset can give 100+ damage(e.g WS+1,3~5, Marduk d+1+2.....)

His more damaging launchers are his CH launchers, they are:
- d/b+2,3
- b+3,3
- b+1,4,3+4

Last edited by lizanias on Dec 27th, 2013 at 17:16

Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lizanias

When you do a late TA(after more than 4 mid air hits) you use Eddy's TA ss+4,3.

Eddy's most damaging combo ender after a TA is ss+4~3. A single hit that yields big damage, that even on 40-50% damage scale it still gives around 20 damage.

Going to quickly add a few things from my experience.

ss+2,4 nets you the same damage as ss+4,3, and works at the same number of hits.
ss+4,3 seems to work best with ssl (I'm talking after very long juggles here).
ss+4,3+4 also you to drop the TA and keep Christie in.
If your opponent doesn't tag crash, uf+3,3+4 is more damage than ss+4~3, since the second hit is unscaled. It's 100% consistant with Christie (but I don't know about Eddy). At the wall uf+3,3 even can work (but seems to be kind of inconsistant, I can't figure out exactly why?)
ss+4~3, obviously, does a LOT more damage earlier in the juggle than later on.
1,2,4,4 W! is a decent TA...

I really like d+2,3 after a TA juggle for oki, but that's just me. Whiffed ss+3~d or ff+3~d can also work well for oki.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
I really like d+2,3 after a TA juggle for oki, but that's just me. Whiffed ss+3~d or ff+3~d can also work well for oki.

ss+3~d and f,f+3~d should work well..... not sure about d+2,3 though.. because I think I've whiffed a lot of d+2,3 at the end of my combos...but maybe that's because my combo had too many hits already by the time I wanted to end my combo with it.

Btw I plan to use this trap in the future..

Punishing Tag Crash with RLX
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
That is super, super cool. I'm going to have to make a note of this one. Thanks!

I use d+2,3 in the following juggles like this one: qcf+3 b+3,3 RLX 2,4! (TA: Hwo RFF f+3 LFS uf+3,4,3) dash d+2,3. Only in very rare situations does the second hit of d+2,3 whiff. If I add a hit (like qcf+3 b+1 b+3,3) I can't land it anymore with that TA, and I will be forced to use (uf+3,4,3) alone as a TA.

Its great because in addition to the normal oki options (for Christie, basically mixing up between RLX 3, a mid to hit them if they try to stand or juggle if they back roll, and then occassionally using other oki options), you can bait tag crash by rolling back and doing a ws+3. It may just be me, but it seems people are much more willing to tag crash against Christie than other characters...

Unfortunetly, I don't think I found a way to bait tag crash with a whiffed ff+3~d. But with a ss+3~d, you can do ss+3~d roll back ws+3. Its, very hard unfortunetly (I only got it to work in the arcade two or three times, I think its difficult because you can't mash 3 while rolling back, but have to time it to make sure the stupid low kick doesn't come out) and unlike d+2,3 you basically give up all damage after the TA to make it (or any ss+3~d feint mixup) work. But it does look cool when it works.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
PSN: Ron_Vong
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
how is uf3, 34 (the low option) as a TA Ender?

I'm using the combo launch, df1,1, uf12 B!, [3,4] , uf3, 34

It seems that the low at the end is guaranteed! Is this correct?

Also... is RLX 4~3, 1B! [3, 4], (dash) b4, 4, 34 all guaranteed? If so, is that the double capos most damaging option? I've been doing RLX 4~3, 1B! [3, 4], ws1,3, RLX 2, f3 this whole time.
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TekkenOnlineMatchmaking/
Current Highest Rank: Fujin
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, of course. Its weird but no one uses it. If they don't tag crash uf+3,3+4 is always more damage than ss+4~3 (unless your combo is super short). I don't remember the exact numbers but if they move (try to hold up or back during the juggle) the uf+3,3+4 ender does two points more than ss+4~3. If they don't move and stay still it does like nine points more. So its, really really good.

I would check to see if they can tech roll b+4,4 after a TA 3,4. Something weird about this game, certain spike moves don't work after certain TAs. Its annoying but its the way things are (for example, Christie TA HSP 2,4,3 into Hwo fff+3, in this case Hwo's fff+3 won't cause a spike)
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
leonized
War Lord
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
May i request for a zafina/eddy tag combos, prolly the most damaging ones? If its ok, stating the damage would be super nice, dont have a console so im relying ong this forums xD its very helpful
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey leonized, I dont know Zafina myself, but I've seen this guy with Christie+Zafina, so you might wanna take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-4dNTzLS0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrhTusK2bPY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b4eRGqR-m4
leonized
War Lord
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
well i don't wanna be an ass, but thats not a good player, eating a lot of CH,really
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm looking at b,3,3 combos at the end of a wall carry juggle after a bound (not a wall bound, just a bound that is far from the wall then a W!)

for double capos it looks like
b3,3~5 b,3,3~5 df2 is guaranteed

for Eddy/Lars
b3,3~5, db2, 1, shoulder is guaranteed

for Eddy/Bruce
b3,3~5, db2,1,4

Anybody have one for Jack 6?

Please post your best ones you've discovered.
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
Christie and Hwo can get b+3,3~5 df+3,f+4 on Jack or Kuma, it also works on Marduk and King (and other similar sizes) but requires a much higher W! splat (a little inconsistant). df+1+2 works as a generic option. With Baek, d+4,4 works for pretty decent damage, I imagine with a high W! maybe something like d+4,4,4 might work?

That double Capos combo would require a pretty high W!, I can't imagine getting two b+3,3's and a df+2 with a low W! (I'm guessing, at least)

Also speaking of b+3,3~5, I remember messing around with b+3,3~5 (opponent techs) jump over BT duck jab into ws+1,3 with some success.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
insanelee
tinh yeu
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
eddy/ogre b33~5 f1+4

at least its something.

bronson.
Signature www.eightarc.com
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
Thing is, b+3,3 plus a move is still more damage than anything Christie can get without tag buffering. Even if the move is a df+1 or something, its still a 'free' move that shouldn't be able to hit otherwise.

For example, after low wall splat:
33... 1+2 f+2,1,4
- Kuma only, hard
32... b+3,3~5 (Hwoarang: df+3,f4)

- Jack/Kuma/Marduk/Jinpachi specific, weird on Marduk/Jinpachi though.
28... 3,4
- Jack/Kuma only
28... df+1,1 f+2,1,4
- Kuma only
24... b+3,3~5 (Hwoarang: f+1+2)
21... b+3,3~5 (Hwoarang: df+1+2)

20... db+4,4
20... 1 b+3,3 (delayed)
20... 3~4 3+4(~d)
- Jack/Kuma only
19... uf+3+4
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
May i request for a zafina/eddy tag combos, prolly the most damaging ones? If its ok, stating the damage would be super nice, dont have a console so im relying ong this forums xD its very helpful

Same here. I only got T6 on PSP atm so I can only write a list of untested combos.
Eddy-Zafina: qcf+3, u/f+1+2~5, [TA MNT d+3,1, MNT d+1,4], u/f+3~d, RLX
Eddy-Zafina: qcf+3, b+3,3, RLX 2,4~5, [TA MNT d+1,4], ss+4~3
Eddy-Zafina: CH b+1,4,3+4, RLX 2, b+3,3, RLX 2,4~5, [TA MNT d+1,4], ss+4~3

Zafina-Eddy: d/f+2, 1+2~5, [TA 3,4], f+2,3, SCR 3+4~D, MNT
Zafina-Eddy: d/f+2, u/f+1, f+2,3~b, 1+2~5, [TA ss+4,3], f,f+3+4
Zafina-Eddy: SCR 4~b, d/f+1, f+2,3~b, 1+2~5, [TA ss+4,3], f,f+3+4

Originally posted by Ayos Mishima

Please post your best ones you've discovered.

Thing is, b+3,3 plus a move is still more damage than anything Christie can get without tag buffering. Even if the move is a df+1 or something, its still a 'free' move that shouldn't be able to hit otherwise.

For example, after low wall splat:
33... 1+2 f+2,1,4
- Kuma only, hard
32... b+3,3~5 (Hwoarang: df+3,f4)

- Jack/Kuma/Marduk/Jinpachi specific, weird on Marduk/Jinpachi though.
28... 3,4
- Jack/Kuma only

Maybe this video can inspire you two. It looks at how EWGF~5 at the wall can lead to wall breaks, damaging wall combos, etc.

TTT2 Combo EWGF TC Compilation Wall ender neta 鉄拳タッグ2 最風 小ネタ
Taokaka Meow
Warrior
PSN: Taokaka_Meow
XBL: Taokaka Meow
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
Christie-Zafina : qcf+3, b+3,3, RLX 2,4~5 [TA MNT d+1,4] ss 4~3
Christie-Zafina : qcf+3~5, [u/f+1, f+2,3~b, 1+2~5] TA HSP 2,4,3, [f,f+3+4]
Christie-Zafina : d/f+3+4~5, [d/f+2, d/f+1, f+2,3, SCR 3+4~5] TA ss 4,3 [f,f+3+4]
Christie-Zafina : d/f+3+4, b+3,3~5, [f+2,3, SCR 3+4~5] TA ss 4,3 [f,f+3+4]
Christie-Zafina : ws 1,3~5, [ws 1,2, f+2,3, SCR 3+4~5] TA ss 4,3 [f,f+3+4]

Zafina-Christie : d/f+2, u/f+1, f+2,3~b, 1+2~5, [TA HSP 2,4,3], f,f+3+4
Zafina-Christie : SCR 4, SCR 1+2~5, [TA 3,4], f,f+2, d/f+4,1

I guess they should work with Eddy as well.
Signature
"Words of a loser are meaningless"
devil_jun
Lord of the dance!
XBL: Ranc1d Sheep
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been using Christie/Bruce lately and I really love this teams ability to inflict massive damage combos most of which are simply red life and don't require tag assaults. I'm looking for max damage stuff to do with these two. Here's a short list of a few of the juggles I've been using. I will try and update these with damages when I get access to the console.

Christie to Bruce
qcf+3~5 f+3, 2,4 MTS f+1~5 [ss+4,3] cd+3+4,3+4 TA combo.
qcf+3 f+4,3,4 MTS f+1<B>, 3,2~f 1, f+2,4 red life
RLX 4~3 HSP 1~5 f+4,3,4 MTS f+1 u/f+3+4not consistent, better on medium size characters.
RLX 4~3, HSP 1~5 3+4 b+3,3 RLX 2,4_RLX 2,f+3.
RLX 3~4 b+3,3~5 d/f+4 MTS f+1, 3,2~f 1, f+2,4 red life
RLX 3~4 b+3,3~5 d/f+4 MTS f+1~5 ss+4,3 cd+3+4,3+4
d/b+1+2>5 d+3,4 MTS f+1~5 ss+4,3 cd+3+4,3+4
CH b+1,4,3+4 RLX 2,3~5 d/f+4 MTS f+1~5 ss+4,3 cd+3+4,3+4
Ch b+3,3_ws+1,3~5 f+1+2, 2,4 MTS f+1, cd+3+4 OP stands up BT. Haven't tested this yet, but someone suggested b,f+4 as the OP stands for a BT combo.

On the wall you get.
Bruce Christie
f+2,4 <!W> d+3+4~5 b+4,3,3 b+2, d/b+2,1,4
u/f+4<!W> u/f+1+2~5 u/f+3+4 u/f+3+4_b+3,3_d+2,3

I'm excited I'm finally going to get back into tekken it's been a while. . If anyone would like to play with me or do combo/set-up testing on XBOX LIVE my gamertag is Ranc1d Sheep.

EDIT: I'm thinking this may work
Christie Bruce
d/b+1+2 5(2),d+4,3 3,2~f 1 3,2~f 1, f+2,4 <W> d+3+4~5 b+4,3,3 b+2, d/b+2,1,4

Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I am def going to test it out though .

Last edited by devil_jun on Apr 1st, 2014 at 14:55

Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
#180 “Quote” Edit Post
Eddy and True Ogre is awesome.

float combos.. qcf3, b,3,3~5 db1 B!, ss4,3 FLY 1, 2, 1+2 W! 1,2, shoulder

df2, 1, qcf3, b,3,3 [5] db1 B!, ss4, 3, FLY 1,2,12

Bound at Wall w/ Ogre~5 Eddy
b,4,4,3 Ogre 1+2, 1+2, 1+2

any none bound at wall eddy b3,3~5 ogre shoulder

And my favorite:
eddy
ws 1,3~5 [ub3, Fly 1, 3, 2, db1 B! ss4, 3, FLY 1,2, 1+2

Best part is Ogre's Fly 1,2, 1+2 endings always takes the opponent to the wall.

Ogre's db1, is your long reach B! hit anything after b3,3~5 combo.