Page Splits 1...<181920
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#381 “Quote” Edit Post
d3 is very quick and avoids highs. Its not great, but eh, no other choice (especially with d4 being much slower than before). It is pretty easy to tell when you got a CH and do the second hit.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#382 “Quote” Edit Post
I usually do the whole d+3,3,d+3 string on people CH, regular hit or block, because unless you've got a good read, no one in their right mind will duck for the last hit; not when there's a mid, taggable, 27+ damage launcher at the end of it as well. So it makes for some good chip damage (just think of it as guard damage of sorts). In rage that last hit does a decent chunk of damage. Also, often people will wait for the second hit if you're just throwing the first one out there in the hopes to crush but not CH. Same with the third hit; just do two and you will catch people who are anticipating the last hit.
That string (I'm talking about d+3,3,n+3 here specifically) is also good as a float off of some situations (namely (f+2,1,)2 on hit), and is decent for wall oki (if they move after W! 4,4 spike at the wall that whole string is guaranteed, the d+3,3,n+3 and even if they don't, if the opponent doesn't tech after the first d+3 hits you can still get them with the whole string).
Too bad every part of it is launchable on block.

@CaCarmen I'd heard that d+4 was now i14 instead of i12 too. Seems like a universal generic d+4 change across the characters (but it's stupid because Baek's d+4 doesn't even crush unlike generic d+4 so having a 12 frame low poke was good, even though it's shitty in general).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
vittujee
Deity
#383 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Budding Fighter
I usually do the whole d+3,3,d+3 string on people CH, regular hit or block, because unless you've got a good read, no one in their right mind will duck for the last hit;
its option selectable/fuzzy guardable in lagless environment. only use for that move i can think of is to use long range slow cd into d3 to do a long range lowpoke. trick is, make it really fast sometimes, and sometimes just slow enough for people to be able to block it on reaction. but the slow one is actually d333, and when they try to punish d3 they get ch'd and the string combos and you get a launch.

since it is option selectable and every part of it is launch punishable, its always a gamble.

theres also another trick if opponent starts ducking when you do long range slow cd, you go for cd3. in best case scenario, you hit from the max or near max range so even if they block their character might not be able to punish it, and you still get a launch.
since you are doing slow shit, you really have to control the match. using slow cd into backdash and db2 as whiff punisher might work.

Originally posted by Budding Fighter @CaCarmen I'd heard that d+4 was now i14 instead of i12 too. Seems like a universal generic d+4 change across the characters
...no?
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#384 “Quote” Edit Post
@vittujee About d+3 string, the option select is pretty tough IMO.

Apparently according to rbnorway, ff+4 is i16 (i18 without buffer at it's fastest). It seems really good. I thought it was way slower than that (i18 in open field).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#385 “Quote” Edit Post
I believe the tier discussion for Baek belongs here.

To me, there are only 2 main tier areas. There is high tier, and then there's low tier. The distance between low and high isn't so much compared to other games though.
IMO Baek sits are the very top of the low tier.

Off the top of my head, characters definitely worse than him are:
Rolex (counts as 2), Dr B, Ogres (2 again), Angel, Xiaoharu (counts as 2; they're only slightly worse than Baek though), Bears, Tiger, Sebastian (don't know a lot of his tools though so could be wrong), Wang, Raven, P Jack, Jun, Unknown (though again, not as much experience against her), Kunimitsu (again, pretty close).
That's 18 characters. Not that short of a list haha.
There are a few others that are pretty damn close with him sitting at the top of the low tier (like King, Marduk, JC, Alisa, Asuka; they're all holding hands together sitting on the fence between low tier and high tier to me).
But as you said, you need to be a beast with him to have a chance at mid to high level, so to me, placing him on a tier list is kinda unfair. As the skill of the player increases, Baek's 'tier ranking' increases. Still, comparing characters' tools with one another, I firmly believe he sits right there at the fence of low tier.
Great throws, good damage, awesome standing game, decent punishing, pretty good wall carry, average wall game. Nothing about him is just downright terrible. There are flaws (and every character has flaws) like his tracking and his range, but played right those can be made up for really well.

If they brought back T6 Baek with ff+4,3 and FLA 3,3~f he'd be godlike IMO. I don't like playing godlike characters.

Just out of curiosity, AH, do you get sessions in with LilMajin and his crew?
Above Human
Master
PSN: Above_Human
#386 “Quote” Edit Post
Angel is def better than Baek...EWGF and launchin twin pistons...nuff said
everything else I agree with for the most part...that still leave about 40 character unarguably better than him...bottom 33 percentile equals low teir...im not hatin tho baeks always gonna b my main...jus sayin...he def wasn't as bad in T6br..and no I don't play with LilMajin...we live in different parts of the state..but I would rele like to get in on some matches with him an his crew tho
Signature I play Bob and Julia
Lord TKD
TekkenChile.cl
PSN: LordTKD
#387 “Quote” Edit Post
something i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IJXu9LpU5g

saludos
Signature Comunidad de TekkenChile -> www.tekkenchile.cl

My Youtube Account
prncejrge83
Berserker
PSN: protege_00
XBL: DeaD BeaNz
#388 “Quote” Edit Post
yea i saw this video when it came out...im still wondering though how to do the input very quick...
this has to be a version similar to lei's haha step...
is it U~3+4?
i've been trying to do this move and i still cant seem to do it
Signature "use any technique that works, never limit myself to one style, but to keep an open mind " van damme bloodsport
" practice until you can meditate and nothing can distract you so that you see and feel nothing except your own energy" shidoshi
bloodsport
Lord TKD
TekkenChile.cl
PSN: LordTKD
#389 “Quote” Edit Post
movement would be something like

U:5F~3+4

I have left a few times

saludos
Signature Comunidad de TekkenChile -> www.tekkenchile.cl

My Youtube Account
Commandoo
Champion
#390 “Quote” Edit Post
So what is that movement when you press 3+4 he does the twirl I'm guessing up means up?? So you hold up or don't press up or?? Up 3+4 he does his twirl but where do I go from there??
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#391 “Quote” Edit Post
FWIW I made this anti Baek tutorial thingy. Let me know if there's wrong info in here and I'll fix it, else I'll add it to the guide.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?fe...dD_XW-uU6fCsR72
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#392 “Quote” Edit Post
That BT thing is like, really hard, I remember trying for a whole night (halfheartedly) and not getting it, but it does allow for some BT FLA tricks so thats cool.

Baek was actually pretty good in BR.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"