TTT2 Bryan Q&A Thread

Page Splits 1...<9101112>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
kennyrbk22
No More Tekken :(
#201 “Quote” Edit Post
hi guys its been a while since i've started reading on tekzai. i started again because i want to be a good player again. last i read in this forums are like tag2 1.0 or even br. anyway.

any experienced bryan players here who use him in tourney? what do you think of him in tourney setups? i tend to have more confident using Lars/Drag in Tournament than using Bryan/DVJ/Bruce(even though he is my main in t6br and tag 2). especially if its a 1 game win tournament. tho i dont know for sure. its seems i'm not confident in using Bryan in Tourney right now. i use him in T6br in every Tournament. but now i dont. i think Knee also doesn't use Bryan in Tournament in tag 2. anyway Bryan players who use him in tournaments especially MR.Naps what do you guys think?

btw people use mostly in tournament here are Jaycee, Lars, Chreddy's(lots of them)few mishima's and jins. and lots of xiaoyu's. every time i'm up against Jaycee using Bryan it seems like they always get the upperhand. plus their mixup is like super fast while's Bryan's can be interrupted. or worse magic4's Mr naps thoughts would be appreciated on this since i think he is one of the top Bryan players in the world but any experienced bryan players will do.

btw QCB3 are +4 in tag 2? is it +2 in BR? or i forgot? damn its been a while. so df2,1 is uninteruptable?

also is b+1 really +4? even in Br?
Signature GG toyz
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#202 “Quote” Edit Post
QCB+3 is +4 on hit, and b+1 is +3 to +4 depending on distance.

And Knee still plays Bryan, DVJ/Bryan is his main team.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Ranu91
6th Dan
PSN: Ranu1991
XBL: Ranu91
#203 “Quote” Edit Post
also you can duck the second hit of df2,1 now.
Signature PEWGF LAUNCH FTW
kennyrbk22
No More Tekken :(
#204 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
QCB+3 is +4 on hit, and b+1 is +3 to +4 depending on distance.

And Knee still plays Bryan, DVJ/Bryan is his main team.
yes i know Knee is still playing Bryan/dvj. and its still his main team. tho i think i almost never saw him use Bryan in Tournament settings in tag 2. in Deathmatches Bryan is strong. but in Tourney settings i think Knee uses Dvj/Marduk/Bruce/Kazuya mostly. and in tourney settings it seems a little different when we are talking about a 1 game win situation. tho i dont know for sure that's why i'm here and want to know experienced Bryan players in tourneys. been to alot of tourneys. guys playing are really high level players. that even AK can't win.
Signature GG toyz
gamer85
2nd Dan
PSN: Big_boy1986_PL
XBL: gamerP0l
#205 “Quote” Edit Post
Is anybody have any idea is there a combo in Face-down back after CH3 ?
Boar
1st Dan
#206 “Quote” Edit Post
If b+4 hits, is it possible to follow up with f+2,1,4?
Da Mighty Maihi
Shihan
#207 “Quote” Edit Post
At the wall it works, but unless you have taunt active it's a waste of free damage.

if you do have taunt, you can win the match by landing b4 at a breakable wall or balcony.
Sivutuote
Kyu
#208 “Quote” Edit Post
Noob online spammer here.

1.What is the best way to get time and room for backsway-kicks?

2. Is taunting for buff alone worth it?

3. What is the idea of cheap trick? Mixup with head hunter and shock & ave? And do you get sometingh out of cheap triks counter hit stun?

4. What is the second most noobish spam after snake-edge? I would like to evolve my gameplay to next level!
reynos7
5th Dan
PSN: Reynos7
#209 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm trying to use Taunt more frequently and I have a few questions about it.

- Which are the correct input for a taunt JU? Doesn't matter how many times I try, since I got tekken I could not do it once. I just try to cancel the taunt as soon as the knee hits and do a JU trying to push de back and the 2 at the same time, but i can't do it.

- I found a problem when I do taunt cancels. Lets say I do like 3 or 4 taunts and then I do f+3 to fish a CH, a lot of times I get a ff+3, is like a f is buffered but I only press it once, I don't know whats happening, if I do a taunt only once and do f+3, the f+3 comes out, but if i cancel taunt like 2 or more times and do f+3, a ff+3 comes out.
Signature
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#210 “Quote” Edit Post
I heard that you have to press b+2 simultaniously, as for buffered inputs i get a bb+4 alot even though i pressed b lightly i guess that could be the problem with your f+3, are you using pad or stick?
reynos7
5th Dan
#211 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm using Stick, and still no luck landing a taunt jet upper. It's really discouraging doing it and don't know if you are doing correctly or not. I need a correct notation about the taunt jet upper, right now I'm just doing it as fast as I can and doesn't seem to work.
Signature
Jeneric
Destroyer
#212 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by reynos7
I'm using Stick, and still no luck landing a taunt jet upper. It's really discouraging doing it and don't know if you are doing correctly or not. I need a correct notation about the taunt jet upper, right now I'm just doing it as fast as I can and doesn't seem to work.
There's no magic trick, just 1+3+4 and then Jet Upper.
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#213 “Quote” Edit Post
Turn on command history and make sure after you hit forward for the jet upper that you hit 2 and b on the same frame. If you dont it wont work
static
4th Dan
PSN: ShredTalonX
#214 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by reynos7

You just gotta be quick.The taunt has a 16 frame window on hit and jet upper is 14 frames as u probably already know so you only have like 2 frames to input the jet upper which is pretty damn strict.Keep working at it and you'll get it soon enough.
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/joesamuelx/videos
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#215 “Quote” Edit Post
How do i buffer Jet Upper correctly so i can launch punish things that can't be blocked by NG i am always getting b+2 or 2 or something else, i am plaing on pad if that helps.
reynos7
5th Dan
#216 “Quote” Edit Post
Yesterday I had a practice sesion trying to land it, and I did it like 6 times out of 100. I found that I'm pretty consistent on hitting de 2 and the back at the same frame, but the taunt jet upper still doesn't connect. So I'm thinking my timing when the knee hits might be bad. It's so freaking hard to do that I provably never gonna land it on a match. But thanks for the help!
Signature
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#217 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ThePharmacist
How do i buffer Jet Upper correctly so i can launch punish things that can't be blocked by NG i am always getting b+2 or 2 or something else, i am plaing on pad if that helps.

Theres no special input just do it fast enough. Some moves have a long recovery so you just have to learn the timing of when to input jet upper. Its not hard.
ForAiur
Kyu
#218 “Quote” Edit Post
Well i saw a few month ago how knee practice taunt JU before a new challenger on ranked game. He just close eye and try make 2hit combo xD. He do it after 10 times missed. I try hard taunt b4 bsc is so fucking good im my opinion few days at 30min making only this sheet and stil i make it meaby 5 times in hole 30min :/ but im dont give up! ^^
AltNes
Fujin
PSN: alt8765309
#219 “Quote” Edit Post
Could someone explain how Bryan's d/f+1+2 sabaki timing works? I'm familiar with Jin's d/f+1+2 timing, it is near instant, but Bryan's feels sluggish and random. Having the computer set to do two jabs one immediatly after another I can interrupt the second one reliably with Jin, but with Bryan it feels to be random, regardless of distance or input timing. Frame data says Bryan's is 25 startup and Jin's is 23, So I am figuring that is the problem and that I need to apply setups.

Edit: I went and applied a +2 move before the sabaki with Bryan and that made it consistant, f+1+2 to be exact. Put Jin on -2 with 1,2 but his sabaki still worked fine. I gather that sabakis have variable parry windows that don't necessarily correlate to the startup of the move itself then? Is there a resource for this? I haven't been able to find one.

Last edited by AltNes on May 7th, 2015 at 21:11

Signature Wanna play
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#220 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by omara95
Theres no special input just do it fast enough. Some moves have a long recovery so you just have to learn the timing of when to input jet upper. Its not hard.
Thx i actually practiced for a while so now i place my finger on d-pad so i won't get any d/b u/b etc. inputs so i just get a f n b+2 and it seems like i got it down