Fengs Top 10 Moves

Page Splits <1234>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
wooden-man
Fujin
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Yup, just tested the backward stance do not have any auto block property, not sure if holding back from the stance would help anything
But feng recovers pretty fast, if u db1 at the max distance the step back is pretty safe
Most quick mid can't reach u and u have time to block slower long distance moves

Originally posted by OffInBed
Feng was always launch punishable after db+1~f

The forward stance has auto high mid block property
Signature demotion risk

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wooden-man

The forward stance has auto high mid block property

It has a very short window. Not big enough to avoid getting hop kicked even on hit.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
It has a very short window. Not big enough to avoid getting hop kicked even on hit.

you can time the ~f just like in tekken 6 law UF+4~b,f... f

Originally posted by sheep 2.0
1,3 - i10 and +5 on hit. Jails and is my most used 10 frame punisher.

1,3 doesnt jail
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Testing using defence practice in the practice mode isn't really accurate as the com will not attemp to block even at neutral frame, if the frame data from inatekken is accurate, both db1~f and b are not launchable on block or hit if u don't perform the follow up attacks and get really input the mannual block.
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
sheep 2.0
Virtuoso
PSN: sheepzaibatsu
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
you can time the ~f just like in tekken 6 law UF+4~b,f... f

1,3 doesnt jail

What the...? Either they changed the properties from 6 or I may have been blind all along. For some reason none of my opponents have ever tried ducking this string. I always thought that it had the same properties as Bryan's 1,4. Oh well, time to put on my dunce cap. *goes to corner and contemplates*
Signature RIP Old Account (September 2006 - April 2012)

My Player Card
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
What the...? Either they changed the properties from 6 or I may have been blind all along. For some reason none of my opponents have ever tried ducking this string. I always thought that it had the same properties as Bryan's 1,4. Oh well, time to put on my dunce cap. *goes to corner and contemplates*

Maybe it has got changed in here much like how Law's 4,3,4 or Drag's 4,1 don't jail.
But tbh why duck the 2nd hit, when usually 1,2_,1,3_1,1 is negative on block and ducking risk getting hit by the random 1,1
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#27 “Quote” Edit Post

i think 1,3 jail in BR, but i cant be certain and im not going to check it because it's irrelevant now.
what i do know for certain is that in ttt2 if the 1jab is blocked you can actually get 1,CH 3 if they attack and yes they can duck it too.

Originally posted by retsu_himura
Testing using defence practice in the practice mode isn't really accurate as the com will not attemp to block even at neutral frame, if the frame data from inatekken is accurate, both db1~f and b are not launchable on block or hit if u don't perform the follow up attacks and get really input the mannual block.

I sometimes tag out and use Feng b+3+4 and I can block quite easily afterwards. ofcourse there would be a certain time in which you cant block, but there is also a large range of time in which you can input the ~f to block mid/high punch or kicks

Originally posted by [~DTC~]
Maybe it has got changed in here much like how Law's 4,3,4 or Drag's 4,1 don't jail.
But tbh why duck the 2nd hit, when usually 1,2_,1,3_1,1 is negative on block and ducking risk getting hit by the random 1,1

three things.
first thing is that 1,2 is not negative on block (it's neutral)
second thing afaik drag's 4,1 jails (this is from T6:BR)
third thing ducking is worth it because your opponent can get a free launch. 1,1 doesn't juggle unless it's a CH. people dont duck cos people dont know that 1,3 doesnt jail.

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I sometimes tag out and use Feng b+3+4 and I can block quite easily afterwards. ofcourse there would be a certain time in which you cant block, but there is also a large range of time in which you can input the ~f to block mid/high punch or kicks

Yes, that's how I feel, don't know about getting hit, but I'm pretty sure about not getting launched.
Unless the launcher was input before feng attempted the stance.
Both db+1~f or b.
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#29 “Quote” Edit Post

three things.
first thing is that 1,2 is not negative on block (it's neutral)
second thing afaik drag's 4,1 jails (this is from T6:BR)
third thing ducking is worth it because your opponent can get a free launch. 1,1 doesn't juggle unless it's a CH. people dont duck cos people dont know that 1,3 doesnt jail.

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d...cd%ad%b5%bbTUD#

1,2 not neutral anymore, -10 according to inatekken
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
think about it. 1,2 being -10
do you think that sounds right?

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Need to verify that 1,2 block frame,
I only had one controller, can't test this one.
Maybe someone with 2 controller can help verify this,
get your friend to 1,2 jab you, u block and return a 1,2 jab back, if he can't block then the frame is true.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
If inatekken said anything else from -1 to -3 i would think it likely, -4 to -5 unlikley, -6 to -8 highly unlikely, -9 onwards is a definite mistake (impossible in other words).

My previous post of:
"think about it. 1,2 being -10. do you think that sounds right?"
was to highlight the silliness of saying that "1,2 (is) not neutral anymore, (because it's) -10 according to inatekken". To believe that such a thing is true would be like saying "feng's ss+4 is safe on block just because inatekken says so."

What valid reasons are there for a 10frame jab to be punishable?
wall splat (jinpachi 1,2), knd (kaz 1,1,2), CH string (bear f+1,1,1), high damage (bruce 1,4,3).

feng's 1,2 has none of these properties. not trying to be rude, but sometimes you have to think about what you read and not just believe it straight away.

inatekken wiki reports that in arcade version ttt2 feng 1,2 being -10 as well. i can confirm that arcade version 1,2 is neutral. inatekken wiki made a mistake for this, so they are likely to have carried the error onto the "home" version data.

Kiwi
Shihan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
fengs 1,2 is nowhere near -10. Its completely safe. not a little bit safe. but completely safe, completely unpunishable.
wooden-man
Fujin
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't think 1,2 punishable, but very sure it's on the negative side, as I once had the habit of doing d1 after 1,2 jabs but it's seems like opponent d1 always beat my d1.
Signature demotion risk

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
think about it. 1,2 being -10
do you think that sounds right?

Yeah I rushed that post without thinking much
tyrantking1
Kyu
PSN: TyrantKing
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have any way of finding out how negative on block 1,2 is?
I'm looking for how usable 1,2->b+4 still is on certain characters like Lei.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyrantking1
Does anyone have any way of finding out how negative on block 1,2 is?
I'm looking for how usable 1,2->b+4 still is on certain characters like Lei.

I think it's still at 0 now. Which means it's not abusable like before against lei. in t6 we relied on that +1 frame to spam b+4 after.

At the end of the day, while I feel that Feng is still anti-lei, that strat won't be as effective anymore because movement got so buffed. Lei is even more tricky than before!
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys, how do you feel about having Lei as partner?

I have been having good results so far. One of my fav things is that both characters have tag throws with 1 or 2 or 1+2.
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
tyrantking1
Kyu
PSN: TyrantKing
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it's still at 0 now. Which means it's not abusable like before against lei. in t6 we relied on that +1 frame to spam b+4 after.

At the end of the day, while I feel that Feng is still anti-lei, that strat won't be as effective anymore because movement got so buffed. Lei is even more tricky than before!

Thanks man. I'd check it out for myself but I don't have the game yet because of college stuff. We should have some matches once I get it.

And have you guys found much use for Feng's new qcf+2 launcher? I've hardly seen anyone use it in high ranked matches online. Is it even good as a whiff punisher?
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fhwoarang
Guys, how do you feel about having Lei as partner?

I have been having good results so far. One of my fav things is that both characters have tag throws with 1 or 2 or 1+2.

I think he makes a great partner! Especially because of the throws. The only thing that counts against them is like... their relationship. You won't get rage mode as much with them two.

And have you guys found much use for Feng's new qcf+2 launcher? I've hardly seen anyone use it in high ranked matches online. Is it even good as a whiff punisher?

I haven't used it much myself. It's pretty much ws+1 but a launch. It has a very nice crush property, and I feel like its hit box is massive. It catches people much more than you'd think. If you mix it up with ws+1, people almost never punish it.

It's great if you can predict a tag in and close that gap for the partner running in.

Not the best move ever, but with creativity, it has its place.

#BUFFLARS