Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
elbowkilla
~~~Moe~~~
PSN: Elbowkiller
XBL: Elbowkilla
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
This is where we rant and ask questions about juggles and wats better to do and what not.......if you have any questions regarding juggles please put them here....there is no need to make your own thread...lets try to make this hella organized...not like 5.0 ling forum....
Signature Slips:I don't know which scrub is worse, the ones that say they can do the impossible or the ones that suck so bad they can't do the easily possible

EK_BLUE DIVISION

Shiki
Iron Fist God
PSN: A St?r Mo Chroi
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Umm...could this juggle be done in previous T5 versions?

It's a variation of an old juggle used in TTT days as I remember it...

d/f+2~1_AOP d+1+2, d/b+1+2, crouching D/F+2, BT, 2~2~1

Alternatively can end with 2,1, XMTS_f,f+2, 1...sometimes the last hit whiffs though. I haven't been able to get it to work off a roo kick launcher though...well...maybe once out of the many times I've tried.

Was just mucking around with it today...looks oh so stylish and seems to do pretty nice damage. Haven't achieved the consistency to pull it off during actual battles against people though heh.

Apologies if it's been mentioned somewhere before *goes back to hiding*
Signature Ecce potestas casei! -- Beyond the power of cheese!
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
of course you can do those juggles in T5

the question is.... WHY!!??! would you do a generic d+1 after a AOP d+1+2
Shiki
Iron Fist God
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
For the heck of it I guess heh. =P

Meanwhile, does anyone find it a tad bit harder to land ss+3, AOP u/f+4, WS 2, 2,1, XMTS? The AOP u/f+4 seems to whiff more often than not for me.
Pixel
Xiaoyu & Raven
PSN: NinthPixel
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
SS 3, AOP u/f+4... is side specific really if I understand. It seems to land on the 2P side, but not so much on the 1P side. Haven't tested this in DR, but seems to be so in Tekken 5.0/5.1. Honestly I still use b+3... after SS 3, might be the best option might not, but that's what I use. Also use iWS 2?..., but really hasn't become a staple that I can do without thinking about it. After AOP d+1+2 a 4~3... or iWS 2?... is usually best as far as I know.

Either way it's kinda sad we really can't get too creative with Ling's juggles without losing valueable damage. Unlike characters like Law, Hwoarang, and so forth that can be tons of fun to juggle with.
Signature I play on a Hit Box ( http://hitboxarcade.com )
I may be garbage, but I am the leakiest garbage you will ever take out to the dumpster.
Shoyu-san
FML.
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Just got DR in last week down here... just started looking for new combos, anyone got some?

Using the new 2~2~1 iAoP as a juggle ender isn't so bad, might lead to some followups...
Signature Broke-sauce.
c16621
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
..you don't use ss+3~iAoP 1~ws 2, 2, 1, XMTS? I've always found this to be more reliable...

I get the other ss+3~AoP version on the 1P side, if I do it right. I've learned that you have to make sure the ss+3 animation is complete before attempting the Aop, then you can go for the u/f+4 or u + 4 (what I use)....

But, if I do it right, I get it on 1P...

Last edited by c16621 on Jan 10th, 2006 at 20:01

Signature ....."plaid couches"..........
Shiki
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
You know...I never thought about that one. Oopsies.

Thanks c16621! =D Tried it out today and yes, definitely more reliable than AOP u/f+4 or b+3 follow up.

Been trying to dream up ways of connecting an u/f+1+2 ender in a juggle but no luck in that one. Phooey =\
Shoyu-san
FML.
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shiki

Been trying to dream up ways of connecting an u/f+1+2 ender in a juggle but no luck in that one. Phooey =\

Maybe with a wall.
Signature Broke-sauce.
Foxfire
Iron Fist God
PSN: foxfireRVA
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
How is u/f+1+2 for oki? Does it hit grounded by any chance?
god
Iron Fist God
PSN: stunts
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
it doesnt hit grounded. still good for oki though.

ive been messing a bit with rds 2~2 in juggles. i dont do the 1 on the end of it but go for other things while still in rds after the untechable knockdown. seems decent enough, not sure how much damage u lose even if ur RDS followups do connect after. still havent played enough yet.

Last edited by god on Jan 11th, 2006 at 19:14

Signature fuck you.
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
the reason why u/f+1+2 doesn't hit grounded is because we don't want another 5.0 nina incident, and if it DID hit grounded, I can see juggles that would definately be broken.
Foxfire
Iron Fist God
PSN: foxfireRVA
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Any good followups after a successful u/f+1+2? Is it exactly the same as the second hit of XMTS? - like front layout guaranteed?
c16621
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
..I liked that hop-over and RDS 4 - but I woudn't be doin' that by the wall...

What about CH properties? Does u/f+1+2 have any hit change properties on CH?
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
hop over u/f+1+2 doesn't give you much advantage.. opp bt d+2 owns you
c16621
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
oh, I'm not jumping with glee at that move anyways - it will probably only have some specific applications, anyways - it was the 4 that I was commenting on. I didn't use the hop-over, RDS 4, but, in the search for better oki, I might start to use it on wall-less stages, or in the middle of the arena....
xiaofetish
3rd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I noticed major changes (I think) in two of her often used moves:

1st: AOP u/f+3 : It now lauches the opponent at a much LOWER height than before, i.e. some juggle changes.That's why AOP u/f+3,3_4_1 connects so easily now. The drawback of a lower lauch? Her juggles with ff+2>1or XMTS will whiff! Argh! I might be wrong or just rusty, but try it for yourself (I might be imagining things). So after AOP u/f+3, I usually use 1, d+2, 2, 2~2,1 with oki options

2nd: d/f+2~1 :It still launches the opponent the same height, but now NOT head down first (I don't know how to say it, I mean it makes the opponent fall regularly now, unlike before). Meaning for the first time you can actually use juggles with ff+2>1 or XTMS enders.Whee! Now after d/f+2~1 I do 1, d+2, 2, 2,1, XTMS_ff+2~1

Again,I might be wrong. Please verify.
Signature Xiaoyu Hardcore!
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Above

That was established when DR came out.
c16621
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
1st: AOP u/f+3 : It now lauches the opponent at a much LOWER height than before, i.e. some juggle changes.That's why AOP u/f+3,3_4_1 connects so easily now. The drawback of a lower lauch? Her juggles with ff+2>1or XMTS will whiff! Argh! I might be wrong or just rusty, but try it for yourself (I might be imagining things). So after AOP u/f+3, I usually use 1, d+2, 2, 2~2,1 with oki options

I could have sworn that I heard that you have to do AoP u/f+3,4 to get the 1, d+2, 2, 2~1 XMTS - is this still the case, or not?

or, conversely, has anyone tried to replace the traditional juggle for AoP u/f+3 with the new 2, 2~2~1 ender? You might be able to use this one instead.....

Last edited by c16621 on Jan 16th, 2006 at 16:05

shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I mentioned it in the other thread, but yeay, XMTS is harder (maybe impossible if they tech) to conncet after an AoP u/f+3, 1,d+2 RDS 2,1 juggle. Namco wants RDS 2~2,1 to be used, but it's not as good IMHO because of the delay you have coming out of it (plus, it may be less damage).
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"