TTT2 Lars Question and Answer Thread

Page Splits 1...<282930
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
dr4g0n
#581 “Quote” Edit Post
If you can do the WS3 loops, then yeah, it'd do more damage than any BT'd combo.
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
AstralHK
7th Dan
PSN: Seattle_Li98
#582 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have any good okizeme/setups after ending a combo with fb 2,1 or db 2 ~ SE df1? Whats the most optimal thing to do against side roll?
Signature
dobblet
Warrior
PSN: ATFX_Dobblet
XBL: Youngx
#583 “Quote” Edit Post
Since I have no idea how the search function works and to lazy to go though 30 pages...

Are there any general setup that i could do with Lars while fighting other then all the sidestep arc blast setups. Also is there any good tech, backroll and tagcrash setups? Thanks in advance if they're any.
Signature Mains:
Mains in progress: Miguel, Feng, Alisa, Lucky Chloe

I'm swagg swagg like Caillou. I'm good nigga how you?
dobblet
Warrior
#584 “Quote” Edit Post
So no one could answer my question,.
Signature Mains:

dr4g0n
#585 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dobblet
So no one could answer my question,.

You do realise your question amounted to "Hi everyone. Summarize everything you know. Kthanks."

I've said this many times, but for your sake, since you're "too lazy to go through 30 pages", I'll say it again. I'm a very strong supporter of solid Lars play. Random SS f1+2 works, but if it's your primary source of damage, then I'm just gonna come out and say it: You're not good.

I don't classify general solid play as "setups", and if you're hunting for gimmicky setups to magically improve your game, then you picked the wrong character.

Lars is one of the most solid characters in the game, with tools to cover pretty much every situation, and get good damage out of it. Play him solid. No setup will beat solid defence, appropriate punishment and intelligent poking.

If you have a question about a specific situation, then by all means, ask here, and I'll share what I tend to do in that situation, and we do (in the past 30 pages) have a good number of specific setups for situations. Just sticking a post asking for general 'setups' is not only generally pointless, but also so vague and meaningless that nobody could put together a coherent and cohesive post without writing an essay.

We're more than happy to help, but nobody's going to go to that much effort to do so.

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
dobblet
Warrior
#586 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dr4g0n
You do realise your question amounted to "Hi everyone. Summarize everything you know. Kthanks."

I've said this many times, but for your sake, since you're "too lazy to go through 30 pages", I'll say it again. I'm a very strong supporter of solid Lars play. Random SS f1+2 works, but if it's your primary source of damage, then I'm just gonna come out and say it: You're not good.

I don't classify general solid play as "setups", and if you're hunting for gimmicky setups to magically improve your game, then you picked the wrong character.

Lars is one of the most solid characters in the game, with tools to cover pretty much every situation, and get good damage out of it. Play him solid. No setup will beat solid defence, appropriate punishment and intelligent poking.

If you have a question about a specific situation, then by all means, ask here, and I'll share what I tend to do in that situation, and we do (in the past 30 pages) have a good number of specific setups for situations. Just sticking a post asking for general 'setups' is not only generally pointless, but also so vague and meaningless that nobody could put together a coherent and cohesive post without writing an essay.

We're more than happy to help, but nobody's going to go to that much effort to do so.

You made it seem like I have no clue on how Lars should be played, I have played him for a year so I have the general idea. Now looking back asking for the setups was silly of me, and I should of been more descriptive.

But I did ask help on oki, like backroll, tech, or tag crash. For example there are times characters are left face up feet away (like after Leo's ff+1+2~5) And don't know if I could hit them on their back for a full combo like other character can on believe quick stand wake-up.
Signature Mains:

dr4g0n
#587 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dobblet
You made it seem like I have no clue on how Lars should be played, I have played him for a year so I have the general idea. Now looking back asking for the setups was silly of me, and I should of been more descriptive.

But I did ask help on oki, like backroll, tech, or tag crash. For example there are times characters are left face up feet away (like after Leo's ff+1+2~5) And don't know if I could hit them on their back for a full combo like other character can on believe quick stand wake-up.

^Ok, see that's better.

If you catch a character BT'd against you, uf4, then df1 will flip them over for a regular juggle. You also get f1,2,3 into guaranteed d1+2 unless they crash out. If you hit them with f1+2, you only get d1 (crouch jab) into WS2,1, B!, which is much less damage than the f1,2,3 into d1+2.

After that particular throw, I'm pretty sure you get ff3+4 (the slide) guaranteed. Depending on what they do, it might not hit properly, or at some wacky angle, but it will connect.

My go-to for that position is I will do db2~f. If they get up, it'll connect on their back, and I can confirm into SE1 which gives me a guaranteed d1+2. If they backroll, it'll pick them up. If they stay down, you get a SE mix-up. From there, SE3 beats get up kicks, and SE2 connects otherwise.

This, of course, can be beaten if they commit to a get up kick immediately after they see the db2 whiff, and I'm delaying the SE move for mindgames, but that's a risk you're taking.

See? Ask a decent question, get a considered answer.

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH