Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Xiaho
I haven't been able to land this in practice

You are probably doing it too fast. dash pause uf+4.
Learn it. The damage difference makes the easier db2 look like a joke.

I haven't actually tested if the old ff+3+4 oki stuff still works so I didn't mention it. You did remind me though.

Incidentally guys 1+2~b is now safe. 100%. 1+2~db will duck a 1 jab. 1+2 with no cancel is -10. The cancel is negative on hit or block, more on block.

b+3 is now safe. I remember that used to be -10 or something like that. It's heavy + on hit too.

Last edited by Morninglord on May 22nd, 2013 at 06:07

Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's frame data for Lars;

http://rbnorway.org/lars-ttt2-frames/

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
Superboltboy
Berserker
PSN: Boltgear
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
1+2 is a nice poke, a unique 'hit confirm' like move. If your first hit blocked it does kill your momentum. 1+2 seems to have some evasive properties (ducks a lot of highs), I wish it tracked through
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks JFK.

It's not fully correct though. ss+2 leaves the opponent in FC.

Woah I did not know de 1+2 leaves opponent in FC and you around -2/-3 that's awesome.

b+3~f at -2 with you in sen? I need to test that it's way too good if true.
edit: Wow it's true.

de 1+2 is -3 OC confirmed, d+1 trades with lars ws2. Which is also awesome as fuck.

Last edited by Morninglord on May 22nd, 2013 at 07:34

Superboltboy
Berserker
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice tools, 1+2 leaving opp in FC? I think you meant d/f1+2.
b+3~f is -2 ...so even though there's an SE transition, it's safe? (What can I do with that?)
d+2 is really good especially on hit +8 leaving them in FC!

Sorry I'm still a little naive, can you explain why it's good that WS2 trades with d+1? Did you mean in a mirror match if opp used DE 1+2 on you, you can retaliate with WS2?

If I hit d+1 is FC d/f1+2 a good idea? (only on +1) and if I hit that what should I follow up with if my opponent is going to 1)Block 2)Sidestep 3)any option selects? 4)d+1? Continue pressure. Thank you.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3~1+2 is what I am talking about. The knockdown out of his dynamic entry. The ws2 thing is because I was testing it with Lars on both sides and ws2 is 13 frames. After recording f+3~1+2, d+1, I played the recording, blocked the f+3~1+2 and did my own ws2. It traded with the d+1 the computer did, so I know that f+3~1+2 is -3.

No b+3~f is not safe. You cannot block.
It means that the fastest se option, se 1, which is 12 frames, cannot be beaten by a hopkick (15 frames) when b+3~f is blocked. Which is good because then you can mixup delaying your se to crush jabs and stuff. As well as not doing se out of b+3. So it's also good because they have less time to react to the se.

You are in the same situation as a blocked 1 after FC df+1+2 on hit so whatever you would do for a 1 jab is what you'd do there. It's never really a bad thing to do FC df+1+2 unless you are getting parried or hopkicked, which means you are doing it too much and need to start doing mids. The frames are kind of a bonus really. FC df+1+2 hurts a lot for a low poke. It's chunky.
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
1+2~b safe? really? *_* b or db?
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Both.
Superboltboy
Berserker
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
Morning any tips on how to setup a mix up game with Lars' f,f moves? I really want to land f,F2. But I want to scare them with f,f+4,3 (it's risky though).

Should I just dash d+4 or d/b1 and keep annoying them with lows then go for f,F+2. Also is it fast enough as a whiff punisher?
P.S. Thanks for answering my previous questions.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
I like to do ff, df, f, df, f, etc and then bust out the 4,3 after one of the cancels. Then next time they see that I do jf uf+4 instead.

I also like things like 1, ff+4,3, make sure to keep it invisible with buffer, then you do 1, ff+2 making sure there is a slight dash instead. They'll see the dash, think you messed up your buffer and eat the mid.

Also after knockdown tech roll wakeup.

It's too slow as a whiff punisher for anything but really big whiffs. Which you can usually just uf+4 anyway.

If you are super intent on using ff+2 you basically have to train them to see the dash and twitch duck. Then you just abuse that twitch reflex with whatever mid you want, including ff+2.

It's much too risky to try this mixup against random duckers or people who aren't trying to read you though. Esp random duckers.
Superboltboy
Berserker
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
I see thank you. Also jf uf+4 notation is u/f~n~4?
Buffer as in input the ff during 1 recovery?
f,f+2 is linear, so delay it a little bit when chasing tech rollers.

I like the fact that f,F+2 is a low risk high reward scenario. So I'm not risking an arm and a leg for the situation but my opponent is. Would this count as yomi? Mind games.
dr4g0n
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
Most mindgames in general don't work against people who don't respect/read you. Against people who are more than happy to just randomly throw out moves, I find I really have to dumb my game down. Anytime I try to do something mildly respectful (e.g. jab, SS), I'll eat some random move that happens to hit me.

Dealing with that kind of stuff annoys the heck out of me because, in a way, I'm making myself a worse player, to match the kind of bad stuff that's coming from aforementioned bad opponent.

[/RANT]
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
I use knockback on hit/block moves and use them as whiff punish practice most often than not.
Then again why am I telling you that you know how many traps I have.
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dr4g0n
Most mindgames in general don't work against people who don't respect/read you. Against people who are more than happy to just randomly throw out moves, I find I really have to dumb my game down. Anytime I try to do something mildly respectful (e.g. jab, SS), I'll eat some random move that happens to hit me.

Dealing with that kind of stuff annoys the heck out of me because, in a way, I'm making myself a worse player, to match the kind of bad stuff that's coming from aforementioned bad opponent.

[/RANT]

this is so true, specially online.
DaafOP
Kyu
PSN: DaafOP
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
Excellent¡
Signature Tag Team
goombay_punch
Kyu
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
Late, but I find this very helpful. Nice. I'm aiming for the Lars/Asuka team. ^^

Last edited by goombay_punch on Apr 24th, 2014 at 17:22

EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone have Nina/Lars staples?
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
Lars midscreen:
f+1+2, df+2, db+2,1, f,b+2,1 B! nina SSR f+4,3,3 lars f,f+2~f 3_f+3,1~f 1_f+3,2+3

wallcombos:
lars W!, f,b+2,1 B!, nina 4,3,d+4,3, Lars df+1, f+4,2,1,2

nina w!, df+1, 1+4 B!, lars 1+2~b, f+4,2,1,2 nina SS+1~b~uf+3
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Lars midscreen:
f+1+2, df+2, db+2,1, f,b+2,1 B! nina SSR f+4,3,3 lars f,f+2~f 3_f+3,1~f 1_f+3,2+3

wallcombos:
lars W!, f,b+2,1 B!, nina 4,3,d+4,3, Lars df+1, f+4,2,1,2

nina w!, df+1, 1+4 B!, lars 1+2~b, f+4,2,1,2 nina SS+1~b~uf+3

for some reason it seems like the documentation for the lars/nina thread is not as clear as the one that is available for alisa. These are great combos I will try out in a few moments. Anything else would greatly be appreciated. Anyone that has any type of contribution. Red / life and solo and staples.
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!