Search For Gigas Prep With Katarina Alves (2019)

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
AnnaWilliamWins
Expert
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Welcome to the search for Gigas preparation session with Katarina Alves! Here is where we train extra hard recycling and revamping old moves and new moves to find that creature who saved my life... after first trying to kill me... I've always been a fan of the Katarina and her fighting style upon the Tekken 7 release and new entry in the Iron Fist Tournament. I've always wanted to be a game graphic designer since I was young lol. As a new character, Katarina seems to lack a bit in the moves and mix ups department and could use a small bit of touching up. This is all a for fan fun tribute and this is how I would put Katarina together. *Quoting Rage Art* BRING IT!!!

https://youtu.be/wEfxBJypQCk

https://youtu.be/iGRiYH8HpuU

(None of these videos are mine)

Last edited by AnnaWilliamWins on Nov 19th, 2019 at 11:12

Signature (tekken voice) ANNA WILLAMS WINS!
AnnaWilliamWins
Expert
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
STANDING SPECIAL ATTACKS AND STANDING SPECIAL STRINGS

f+2,2 - The new command for df+2,2 (Nest Crasher).

f+2,4 - The new command of df+2,4 (Nest Wrecker).

f+4 - Harrier high crush frame buffed to 6f.

df+2 - This is changed to become a 16f launching uppercut that high crushes and launches crouching opponents on natural hit. The animation is like WS+2 (Kite Upper). The block frame is -12.

df+3,4 - The regular kick from 1,1,4 (Goose Punch Combo) before I removed it below placed here following after the first hit as a new and needed mid mix up. The second hit impact speed is the same as df+3,3 (Wagtail). This is a counter hit combo. The damage of the second hit is buffed from 21 points to 24 points. The block frame is still -19.

d+1 - This now recovers in FC. Hit frame buffed from +3 to +8. Block frame buffed from -7 to -2.

db+3 - This is buffed by changing the knockdown to a type that guarantees ub+4 (Lower Axis) like Harrier+3 (Palmate Spin) does. This is fair for a 25f, -26 low.

b+1 - This is turned into a 15f, homing high that wall splat spins and screws airborne. The animation is a counter clockwise spinning left open palm. The range is one back dash. The damage is 20 points. The hit frame is +9. The block frame is -3. The regular b+1 (Inside Peck) and it's extensions have been removed and used in other places.

b+4,3+4 - The damage of the second hit is buffed from 3 points to 4 points of damage.

ub\u+3 - This has been changed to the last hit of the regular 1,1,3 (Albatross Punch Combo) string before removal below. The startup frame is 25f. The low crush frame is 9f. The hit properties have been changed to launch on natural hit like Josie's ub/u/uf+3 (Butterfly Edge). Both ub+4 and u+4 are the same with movement ahead and the impact range is slightly above one back dash. The block frame is nerfed from neutral to -9. The regular ub/u+3 (Flying Bird) is now being used below as a new parry attack with the command of b+1+2.

u,ub,b - The new ability to do an evasive backflip.

uf+3 - The new command for the regular f,f+3 (Aerial Glide) which has been replaced below. The regular uf+3 (Flying Bird) is now being used below as a new parry attack with the command of b+1+2.

uf+3+4 - High crush property is improved.

f,f+3,4 - A new low that is basically a copy of Lars' f,f+4,3 (Double Pulse) in animation. The difference is the startup is faster and the first hit trips the opponent airborne like a hellsweep when the entire string is done and breaks breakable walls. The startup is 18f. The damage of the first hit is 14 points. The damage of the second hit 23 points (16 points airborne). The damage of the entire string is 14 + 16 making a total of 30 points. The first hit done alone on natural hit or counter hit just causes opponent to stumble. The first hit staggers on block and the block frame is -31. The block frame of the second hit is -16. Consider this Katarina's version of Paul's d+4,2 (Demolition Man) string.

f,f+4 - This is buffed to screw launch on counter hit.

BASIC JAB STRINGS AND DF+1 STRINGS

1,1,1 - The damage of the last hit is nerfed from 23 points to 17 points. The block frame is nerfed from -5 to -7.

1,1,2 - The block framed is nerfed from +7 to neutral.

1,1,3 - The last hit has been removed and given to ub/u+4 as a new natural launching orbital above.

1,1,4 - The last hit has been removed and given to df+3,4 for a new mid mix up.

1,2,3 - Katarina's f+3 (Heel Hook) following after the the second hit as new and needed mid mix up. This version has less range.

1,2,4,4,4 - The last two hits now combo with the third hit on counter hit.

1,2,4,4,4,4,4 - The last two hits of her 4,4,4,4,4 (Nimble Cutter) string have also been added here as a string completion and a mix up between this and the sixth hit of the ten hit string.

df+1,2 - The second hit of the regular b+1,1 (Peck Upper) before I replaced it moved here but done with her right hand following after the first hit as a new mid mix up between this and df+1,1 (Peck and Slap). This is a combo on counter hit. The block frame is -12. The second hit of df+1,1 is high, doesn't jail and had no mix up. Also placed here for it's same useful wall carry in juggles.

df+1,F - Harrier after the first hit like the regular b+1,F (Inside Peck to Harrier) before replaced moved here for it's same cancel mix up and same use for juggles.

WHILE STANDING ATTACKS AND FULL CROUCH ATTACKS

WS+1,F - Harrier following after.

WS+1,2 - The second hit of the regular b+1,1 (Peck Upper) before I replaced it moved here but done with her right hand following after the first hit as a new mid mix up between this and WS+1,1 (Rampage Wing). Counter hit combo. The block frame is -12. The second hit of WS+1,1 is high, doesn't jail and had no mix up.

SIDE STEP ATTACKS

SS+1+2 - A safe, 15f, spinning double arm, double high something similar to Lucky Chloe's 1+2 (Double Swing) in animation but the right hand comes first and the left hand comes second instead. The second hit gives close knockdown to the right and guarantees db+3 (Sliding Kick). The damage is 10 + 20 being a total of 30 points. The range is one back dash. The block frame is -3 and both hits jail.

GRABS AND PARRY

df+1+2 - The damage has been changed from 4 + 4 + 4 +4 + 12 +12 to 5 + 5 + 5 +5 + 20. All of the damage is now within the hits during the grab and the opponent no longer takes damage when hitting the ground. This is fair since Kazumi's df+1+2 (Lightning Wrath) has the damage of 40 points and does all of the damage within the hits before the opponent hits the ground. This is for a more rewarding wall splat combo.

b+1+2 - A new parry that can parry most high and mid punch and kick attacks but can't parry elbows, knees, body checks nor some others. The parry is the same for both arms and the same for both legs. Katarina pulls the opponent's arm or leg down then does her regular ub/u/uf+3 (Flying Bird) before I replaced it. The damage is still 27 points. This no longer launches but now gives face down head towards knockdown.

BACK TURNED SPECIAL ATTACK

BT+3,3,3 - The same as 3,3,3 along with all of it's extensions.

BT+4,4,4 - The same as 4,4,4 along with all of it's extensions.

BT+d+3+4 - A back turned version of FC+df+4 (Short Tail) with the same properties and the same style of recovery. The startup is 17f. The startup has a small step backwards with her left leg as she crouches for increased range. The low crush frame is 6f. The block frame is -17.

Last edited by AnnaWilliamWins on Dec 6th, 2019 at 10:56

AnnaWilliamWins
Expert
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
RAGE DRIVE

db+1+2 - The regular b+1,2 (Piercing Peck) before I changed it now turned into a Rage Drive. The startup is 17f. The range of the first hit is buffed to two back dashes as Katarina takes a bigger dash ahead during startup. The damage of the first hit is nerfed from 13 points to 10 points. The damage of the second hit is buffed from 10 points to 20 points and now crumple stun launches. The block frame is neutral. This is Rage Drive 2.

Last edited by AnnaWilliamWins on Dec 5th, 2019 at 07:20

AnnaWilliamWins
Expert
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Search for Gigas preparation session complete! "MO-HAW!" Alright Gigas! Until we meet again! First, let us have a celebration as a special thanks for your participation! Shout out to all the fellow Katarina fans!

https://youtu.be/iQT_neLntlg

(This video is not mine)

Last edited by AnnaWilliamWins on Nov 19th, 2019 at 11:12