Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
The Tekken King
Warrior
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally, db+4,f,DRN, 3,(Now move)=S!

Please:
df+1(More range)
b+2(True high crush because Electrics always win)
Signature My main.
My sub.

My job is to Make The Low Tiers Win The High Tiers.
kyloc
Kyu
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
how do u know ?
The Tekken King
Warrior
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Lei

During Rage, during Snake 1+4 – Changed the attack startup from 20 frames to 15 frames.

During Rage, during Dragon 1+4 – Changed the attack startup from 17 frames to 15 frames.
– Increased the lower range of the attack.

During Rage, during Panther 1+4 – Shortened the recovery time after the move hits by 5 frames.

During Rage, during Tiger 1+4 – Changed the attack startup from 16 frames to 14 frames.

During Rage, during Crane 1+4 – Increased the lower range of the attack.

1+2 – Increased the lower range of the attack.

d/b,4+f – Delayed the timing at which the opponent’s attack can be blocked by 10 frames.

b,1,1 – Fixed an issue in which the move’s properties differed from those of “1,1”.

u,1+2,1+2 – New move.

u/f,3+4 – Increased the lower range of the 1st hit.

During Dragon 4,1+f – Sped up the timing at which the move can be performed from Tiger by 3 frames..

f,f,f,1 – Changed the attack startup from 24 frames to 22 frames.
– Fixed an issue in which it was possible to perform an attack reversal.

During sidestep 4 – Decreased the move’s tracking.

During Snake 4 – Changed the damage from 11 to 13.

During Panther 【1,2】 – Decreased the distance between the character and the opponent when the 1st hit lands.

During Crane u/f,4 – Increased the lower range of the attack.

During Drunken Master Walk 3 – Changed the damage from 13 to 10.

During Drunken Master Walk 3,1+2 – New move.

During Drunken Master Walk 3,1+2+d – New move.

Back toward enemy 4,4 – Increased the move’s reach.

(By enemy’s feet) during Play Dead 3 – Increased the range of the attack.

– Increased the strength of the pushback to reduce the frequency at which the character would switch places with the opponent.
Signature My main.
My sub.

shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
How goes it people?

The new Season 3 patch for Lei is in effect. Here is a summary of the changes/additions (written in plain English) along with my thoughts on each move.

SNA 1+4 RD!
– Increased the attack's speed by five frames to i15.

An awesome buff that reduces the chance of an opponent's animal stance interrupt on block during his transition. For instance, if the opponent gets CH'd by SNK 1,1,1,1,1~f, it leaves Lei +5 in SNK. This faster Rage Drive will evade a jab (as always), but it will now trade with an incoming d+1s as well. Everything else (except parries, reversals, and 2D character/Xiaoyu/Yoshi sub-i10 interrupts) will get hit. This type of strat works best at the wall for a potential splat.

DRG 1+4 RD!
– Increased the attack's speed by two frames to i15.

This is similar to the SNK RD! buff above. An example of Lei benefiting from it is when he connects b+1~f. DRU 4,1,2,3 is guaranteed against an opponent's jab due to the CH (though not the high crushing d+1 of course).

PAN 1+4 RD!
– Recovers 5 frames faster on hit.

This buff leads to better stronger juggles. For instance: PAN 1+4 RD!, U/F+4, f+3,1, f+3,1,2 does nice damage. This wasn't possible before Season 3.

TGR 1+4 RD!
– Increased the attack's speed by two frames to i14.

Yet another buff for faster stance pressure. With DRG 4,1~f (or f,n+4,1~f) recovering faster three frames faster in Season 3 (to +3 on hit), Lei can now follow up with this Rage Drive after the mini-string connects and it will trade with i11 and cleanly launch anything i12 or slower. It's his strongest Rage Drive, so this is a nice improvement.

CRN 1+4 RD!
– Lowered the hit box.

It whiffed against some low profile moves. It now connects a lot better against a few of them.

1+2
– Lowered the hit box.

The main buff for this high move hitting lower is so that Lei doesn't whiff during some juggles that only allowed mids like f+3,1 to hit. This gives him more options to recover in BT with 1+2,1 in combos before he continues.

d/b+4+f
– Delayed the ability to cancel Drunken Stance by 10 frames.

Definitely a nerf. This is so that Lei players aren't spamming this newly buffed sweep for a power juggle too much without being more vulnerable since opponents can more easily whiff punish him than they could before.

I should also mention that they nerfed stuff related to the d/b+4 sweep over all (even without DRU's transition). It feels different... the recovery is a little slower after it comes out. One thing is for sure, he can no longer get some nice resets any more (like 4~4,3,3 - the second hit always whiffs now).

b+1,1
– Fixed an issue in which the move’s properties differed from those of “1,1”.

OK, I suppose.

u+1+2,1+2
– New move.

This is a legit buff. As long as it isn't abused, Lei has nearly a true 50/50 between the old uf+3+4,2 low and this safe mid headbutt. It knocks opponents far away <edit> for wall bounce juggles (thanks woolong!).

u/f+3+4
– Lowered the hit box of the 1st hit.

Yeah, this move whiffed against AoP and other low profile moves and stances before S3. Guess what? It still whiffs against a lot of them, lol.

f,n+4,1~f or Dragon 4,1~f
– Sped up the timing at which the move can be performed from Tiger by 3 frames.

A pretty significant buff, especially after increasing its damage in the last major balance patch. Lei can be more aggressive against anti-stance tactics of interrupting him on transition after this string hits. One benefit is described above with the faster TGR RD! attack, but the three faster frames also makes the TGR 2,2 and TGR 4 more dangerous as well as they normally come out at i15 frames. On hit, this is essentially an instant Tiger Stance i12 frame mix up where both moves crush high attacks!

The negative is that the string already benefited from CH with the full Wolf combo, which is when this move usually connects.

f,f,f+1
– Increased the attack's speed by two frames to i22.
– The attack can no longer be reversed or parried (except by Jin and Geese).

Besides the obvious improved pressure (especially during oki) of this being faster, it also makes it easier to use this during juggles to finish off a long distance Tail Spin or wall splat. Remember - this move also breaks the floor for unique combos.

SS+4
– Decreased the move’s tracking.

Boo, but it could be worse. At least it isn't slower (it's already slow) or nerfed in its range (it already has mediocre range) or recover at unsafe frames (-8 is at least not -10). It now has almost no tracking during its animation, so if you attack with the move against a stationary opponent, they can easily step it. You can still use it during oki or to safely launch linear whiffs.

SNA 4
– Increased the damage by two to 13.

This is one of three ankle pokes he has. Its damage is now right in between the faster d+4 (10 damage) and the slower d+3 (15 damage).

PAN 1,2
– Leaves Lei closer to the opponent after the first hit lands.

Leaving him close helps with poking against back dashers if he only uses the first hit. It also may lead to better juggles when he does the full launch. I'm thinking this was to make his power juggles from the PAN RD! more consistent.

CRN u/f+4
– Lowered the hit box of the 1st hit.

Same benefits of the CRN RD! buff.

DRU 3
– Decreased the damage by three to 10.

Understandable nerf since he got the following buff...

DRU 3,1+2 and DRU 3,1+2~d
– New move.

It's pretty straight forward and seems not to have much of a use outside of juggles, but at least he now does more damage with something as basic as d/b+4~f, DRU 3,1+2 S!, f,F+3,4.
The ~d extension is the same as DRU u/b health gain taunt. You can even still do the ~1 power punch to hit an aggressor.

BT 4,4
– Increased the move’s reach.

The move already reached pretty far compared to all of his other BT options before S3, but it goes noticeably further now. It is an option to keep close to opponents after some juggles, like those that end with Tornado kicks. Watch out for steppers, though.

FCDs 3
– Increased the range of the attack.
– Adjusted its interaction with the opponent to reduce the frequency of switching places.
I see why they buffed it, since FCDs 3~4 was superior in almost every way, but now the stance has two long range lows. He'd be better off with an extended low in, say, SLDs. Oh well. At least it reaches very far, so it can sometimes catch players off guard.

Last edited by shauno on Sep 11th, 2019 at 06:33

Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
woolong
Kyu
PSN: WoolongMagal
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
u+1+2,1+2
I think was a typo: this move has wall bounce

With the addition of DRU3,1+2, when opp backed at the wall BT mixup is gold for okizeme.
Signature Friday! DRU 1+2 time!!! [Lei2]
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I rushed the wall bounce properties it seems. Thanks for the correction. I'll edit the post above, but let me follow up here with my preferred wall bounce combos as of now. The juggle changes depending on the distance from the wall:

u+1+2,1+2_TGR 1+2...
<close>...WB!, B+3 W!, PHX B+4,4 = 68
<mid range>...WB!, 3~B S!, PHX B+4,4 = 70
<far>...WB!, F+3,1 W!, u/f+3, CRN 3,4,2>4 = 74
The Tekken King
Warrior
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice explanation shauno,
You mean b+2~f?(An example of Lei benefiting from it is when he connects b+1~f)

By the way db+4 alone is better on tracking than db+4,f.
Signature My main.
My sub.

shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
If you are asking me about my bounce juggle when close to the wall, nope, I meant B+3 and not b+2.

I thought it was pretty cool when I first discovered it. If you get a bounce while close to the wall and try to follow up with 3~B, PHX B+4,4, Lei recovers into the stance too late after the 3~B hits, so his powerful Tornado Kicks can be tech rolled.

However, if you do B+3, PHX B+4,4 instead, Lei first does a back sway, which allows the opponent to bounce further off the wall before the power kick connects. The opponent then has to fly further back to the wall, which gives Lei more total frames to successfully use the Tornado Kicks in PHX.

Unfortunately, this technique doesn't work on the Forgotten Realm stage near a wall after a FB! setup. His B+3 simply whiffs (even vs. Bears).
The Tekken King
Warrior
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Season 3 tests(must fix):
b+2 did not crush high like magic 4 & Mishima f,n,d,df+2 (he need a high crush mid by the way).
db+4,f must have the same properties as db+4,4.
f,N,1,2,1,2 has different frames between NH&CH (punishable on CH!!!)
What is the use of SS,3+4 anyway (always punishable by down jab).
Ending combos now possible with uf+3+4, bt,d+4.
After RR hit to any stance, still RD can be interrupted with down jab.
d+4,SNK at hit will always lose to general (db+4 like Paul) even when try to transform to PAN.
I will test more next days.

Last edited by The Tekken King on Sep 16th, 2019 at 11:17

Signature My main.
My sub.

shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
b+2 did not crush high like magic 4 & Mishima f,n,d,df+2 (he need a high crush mid by the way).
Other than attacks that forces him into FC, Lei has three high crush moves from standing. b+1+2 (slow mid) and f+4 (slow high) will evade highs starting at the 4th frame. b+2 however doesn't begin to evade highs until the 6th frame. Namco obviously doesn't want him easily crushing highs with attacks as easily as Xiaoyu's Belly Chop (d/f+1).

What is the use of SS,3+4 anyway (always punishable by down jab).
Probably only useful as an attack on opponents who turtle on the ground to avoid Lei's 50/50s. He can run in and SS, then input 3+4 if they don't rise. Lei then has a BT 50/50. It's not much though... too bad he doesn't still have his old manual BT low parry.

Ending combos now possible with uf+3+4, bt,d+4.
Not sure I understand this one.
Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
You can now do K!, u/f+3+4 which spikes the opponent, giving a free BT d+4.