Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
whats up with some of Ancient Ogres moves?

look at b+4 / d/f+1 / d+1+2 or 2,d+1+2 /d+2 / b+2,1

is it just me or are this moves broken

i get mid crushed alot while using d1+2 / 2,d+1+2, d+2 i dont know whats wrong with it and after a low parry? b+4,3 should hit, d/f+1 should hit and it dose, but you just cant count on it, sometimes those moves just whiff after the low parry for no fcking reason. and then there is dash b+2,1 in a solo combo after the bound, HOW OFTEN i lost cause i got rage, i hit my opponent with a juggle starter and i just want to finish him with this solo combo (for exp. b,f+4, u+3, 3,2, d+1 B! dash b+2,1) guess what, that stupid b+2,1 just whiffs and he tag crashs.

i hope namco is going to look at that bullshit, Ancient Ogre has to deal with his super unsafe and stepable movelist already.

Last edited by KINGofIRONfist on Oct 20th, 2012 at 23:07

Dark_Greeting
2nd Dan
PSN: dark_greeting
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
totally approve

need a SERIOUS fix.

I was thinking that ws333 infinite combo ISNT a glitch LOL
Signature Peace&Bears
RSS
Destroyer
PSN: L1GHTN1NGBOLT23
XBL: (PC) LIGHTNINGBOLT23
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed,

Ancient Ogre has the most unsafe movelist out of the 7 characters I play. His strings and mixup is shite as well.
Signature Hwo, Law, Bryan, Kaz, Ogre. Currently maining Paul.

Pad: 16 years ----> Stick: 6 months
manatarcades
3rd Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
anyone has noticed broken hitboxes vs sebastian? i dunno why but all the juggles that i can do consistently vs lili aren't working vs sebastian: my d+1 bound fails everytime vs him
retic
1st Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
and here I was...thinking that I royally suck in 3d Fighting games.

Has there been any announcement to fix this yet?
Signature PSN ID: retic720. I'm from the S.E. Asian region. When sending friend requests, please ID yourselves as I delete empty friend requests
grumpy64
War Lord
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
any idea when namco will release a patch to fix his broken hit boxes?
mylvis
Shihan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by grumpy64
any idea when namco will release a patch to fix his broken hit boxes?

Probably in Tekken Tag Tournament 3
grumpy64
War Lord
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Well that sucks
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduk's d+1+2 & 2,d+1+2 function the same. Remember that the move itself is 19f and does not crush throughout execution. Considering that he does get low enough to go under some highs, the shoulder itself doesn't come out until pretty late into the animation. Marduk had problems with d+1+2 whiffing in crouching opponent's faces from time to time (though I haven't experienced it since).

I've never had any problems with d+2 nor d/f+1 though. d+2's range is tiny >.>
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
D.R
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
i disagree icege in a way when using 2,d1+2 in juggles it seems incosistent the reaction you get on hits unlike craigs (a few others like this when you start bussing the combos in the lab i feel)
i am stumped in some juggles i am working with atm when using it for max damage situations where i seriously see random results nm how strict i time or space or delay etc that shiz again unalike craigs to a greater % i feel
now is this a height or limb model ratio differential or crap programming (heh harada)
btw yoshi is the* partner for ao so much symbiocy and fun.
Signature The most beautiful people we have met are those who have known defeat , known suffering , known struggle , known loss , and have found their way . These people have an appreciation , a sensitivity , and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern....... beautiful don't just happen

(Decschief's alt Mailbox plz if you have to msg me , msg this one)

http://www.facebook.com/Decschief
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you mean by inconsistent in the reaction? They always flip backwards from what I've seen. The shoulder itself also slides slightly off axis (I think to the left maybe?).

He seems fairly flexible in terms of juggles. I wish his d+1 had better range though.
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
D.R
Virtuoso
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
ok as one of the examples
when you do say a uf4~ufn4 and try a 2,d1+2~5 to say d2,2,d1~5#(yos)
but this just seems random on the deviation on hit from it (tho as fast as poss seems the* prime )
whereas if craig seems a constant
alot of similar things like your after a sweet spot connection or like a really tight jf on some juggles on where~when you hit them (to get the right connection for the juggle to happen)

Last edited by D.R on Feb 6th, 2013 at 09:37

Signature The most beautiful people we have met are those who have known defeat , known suffering , known struggle , known loss , and have found their way . These people have an appreciation , a sensitivity , and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern....... beautiful don't just happen

Icege
iku iku ikuuu
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I have only had 2,d+1+2, d+1 miss after u/f+4 when far away and slightly off axis.

Just tried it in training mode. It hit 10/10 times. The only big difference that I can see between the two is that A. Ogre has to slightly time the first hit. Done too early and it will whiff while Craig can do it right away.
D.R
Virtuoso
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
yea the timing was key , impressive you was on 10/10 seemed inconsistant to me .
Was more on the point it behaved the samed way quote as craigs where i said the i disagree bit (reasons listed to possibly why).

Chamberjin
Fujin
PSN: Micah1-_
XBL: Chamberjin
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
It is maddening that A.O. can't u/f+4 punish Lars' u/f+3 on block!
Signature Micahjesus
ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Indeed, Maybe because he is tall and his knees are higher, but it sucks that it is hard to cath Bounded opponents with b+4. As a sort of casual, I love going for b+4,3,3+4 as a combo ender, with T.Ogre and Bruce.

Also, Combos on small characters require their own time and study. Heck, going for a bound on small chacs is not worth it.