Page Splits 1...<111213
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#241 “Quote” Edit Post
Nina and Anna Reversal Oki - Tekken Tag 2
Saw a video I liked so I decided to make a small okizeme video.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#242 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally I beat Rip in his "Power of Junkyard" video, which is a FT3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3...vyqGPquuwB53RFt

I think I owe my victory to switching from Laws to Nina/Feng.
Jay96
7th Dan
PSN: TheNameIsJay
#243 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etq...yux0q1jJLQjnJPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDQ...yux0q1jJLQjnJPg
Heres two of my tournament matches from last weekend. I got owned so bad and didnt even get out of my pool :/ could you guys looks these and give some feedback, advice etc.
edit: My nick is Kuba (yoshi and nina)
Signature #BUFFLARS
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#244 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jay96
Heres two of my tournament matches from last weekend. I got owned so bad and didnt even get out of my pool :/ could you guys looks these and give some feedback, advice etc.
Hola, well for starters I'm happy to see that you can KBDC with Nina. I still can't do it on stick.

Couple things I noticed:

Your biggest weakness is your patience imo. Your opponent took advantage of that.

You whiff ss+2 a lot. That's dangerous, wait for the whiff then unleash the ss+2.

I feel like you missed out on a great deal of whiff punishes. A lot of times you would space really well, then your opponent would whiff right in front of you, and you didn't put the motherfucker in the air where he belongs.

I think you should have baited that Paul player. He was itching to DF you to hell.

And he didn't break your grabs. If it was me, I would have grab him about 40 times, just to piss him out, so he can fuck up.
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#245 “Quote” Edit Post

Against the Paul player it looked like you were nervous and you weren't sure how to get your offense started. He stepped you a lot and it looked like it eventually made you not want to attack or second guess your attacks. He also just kinda rolled over you and didn't spend much time trying to space or respect your defense. He kept stepping to your left and you didn't seem to be able to stop that with Nina. Your Yoshi did better, but with Nina you've got to use your df+1+2 at range 0-1 to prevent stepping.

Against the Hwo player, it really looked like you didn't have much vs Hwo experience. He caught you with a lot of the flowchart Hwo strings. They can be tough to get out of and vs a solo Hwo they're especially dangerous because of the damage boost. One thing against solo players that's useful is to try and get tag launcher damage over solo or tag assault. Since Solo regenerates health as long as they have red life, taking away as much of that red life as possible is really useful. I would only really Tag Assault if it would kill, or at the very least put them into a 1-2 hit kill range and a bad situation where you're likely to get those hits in the next 5 or so seconds.

Another thing I noticed is that when you chose to tag needs some work. You tended to do obvious tags where you were significantly punished for it.

Some things I wanted to point out that you did well - your execution on movement was really crisp, which is really good. Sloppy movement is something that gets a lot of people killed, but your BDC was fast and sharp.

You also had some good setups that caught your opponents like the Yoshi throw to tag oki.

Against the Hwo player when you were in the first stage you tried to get the balcony break post TA with Nina's b+1+2, that was a good option, I thought it was going to work... I'm not 100% sure why it didn't, but you might have been too close to the corner.

Was that your first tournament?
Jay96
7th Dan
#246 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for replies Stud and Psylence. I know that my lack of character knowledge, scrubby timed tagging and patience are big problems in my game, which i am going to work on. I have almost two months and a half to prepare to next tournament. This was like fifth or sixth tournament which i have attented and think i played here some the worst matches that i have ever played (excluding match againts El negro in assembly earlier this year which was so depressing to look afterwards)
All in all thanks for help, im going to address these problems while playing and training offline
Signature #BUFFLARS
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#247 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for replies Stud and Psylence. I know that my lack of character knowledge, scrubby timed tagging and patience are big problems in my game, which i am going to work on. I have almost two months and a half to prepare to next tournament. This was like fifth or sixth tournament which i have attented and think i played here some the worst matches that i have ever played (excluding match againts El negro in assembly earlier this year which was so depressing to look afterwards)
All in all thanks for help, im going to address these problems while playing and training offline

Ok, well you're still fairly new at tournament play... so the nerves are understandable. Sometimes it can take a while to figure out how to get over those, but keep it up! You're doing well!

Also, don't feel bad about losing bad to El Negro... he's really super good. Last Final round he took 2nd to JDCR.

Also, if you have decent online connection, you can use that to help with character knowledge. Just don't go into ranked trying to win or rank up... go into ranked to learn how to deal with BS... since you'll get a lot of it online.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#248 “Quote” Edit Post
Some things aside from what the others have said.

Your p2 bdc seemed weaker than the p1.

you seem to back dash just to back dash. What I mean by this is you aren't really playing that space game you are just getting across the screen. Even if they whiff you were still back dashing.

Against solo nina is the queen of taking red life (which is the key against solo) utilize that.

Also keep in mind your bar is only 150 instead of 180. The opponent has 230 that regenerates very fast. TAKE THEIR RED LIFE!
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Jay96
7th Dan
#249 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for replies and help! I know i have bad habit of spacing for nothing, but im trying to get rid of it. I need to be way more agresive with Nina. Im going to try improve all aspects of my game, so i hope i will see that improvement from videos from next tournament.
Signature #BUFFLARS
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#250 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for replies and help! I know i have bad habit of spacing for nothing, but im trying to get rid of it. I need to be way more agresive with Nina. Im going to try improve all aspects of my game, so i hope i will see that improvement from videos from next tournament.

You'll get there. True Story...
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#251 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBD...JM-kLsag4NH1jHO

I could also use some advice. I got my XBL Nina/Feng to Japanese cars, Suzakus, recently! I made a playlist with nothing but Nina/Feng. SO many matches.

My XBL runs out on the 8th, and I will likely not renew my XBL. I got a PS4, and I am FINALLY switching over to PSN!

BTW, the stick I was using for all these matches is kinda broken. The down-forward often does not register. That is why I was dropping easy stuff. I swear, I am so sick of sticks breaking on me. I am switching back to pad for Tekken 7.
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#252 “Quote” Edit Post
First of all, I heard you sneeze and it was adorable OpieOP

Maybe it's just me, but you seem uncomfortable using your offense with Nina. Especially when you're in their face.

I better not ever see you do can opener outside of oki ever again.

Be careful with those ss+2 of course.

Where dem iws+1 playa? And you need better combos. @1:43 your wall combo should have been d/f+3,2~D/F~4,3,d+4,3. Not d/f+3,2,3

Please be careful with d+4,1. You better counter-hit confirm that.

Careful with those Blond Bombs. Most people would buttfuck you for that.

Sometimes, I wasn't sure if you were trying to Hayashida Step or what?

Nina has a shit ton of grabs. Don't just use 1+3 throw. I made a grab okizeme video for Nina. You can check that shit out if you want.

And I honestly don't see any use of d/b+4,3. I fucking hate that move. I'd suggest you forget about that move.

Can you pls play someone who's better? That King player was buttcheeks OpieOP

Last edited by StudBuddha on Dec 5th, 2014 at 00:08

StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#253 “Quote” Edit Post
Also try playing around with Nina's ss+1 shit, evil mist, hayashida step, etc. I didn't see any of that stuff in the video amigo.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#254 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by StudBuddha
Can you pls play someone who's better? That King player was buttcheeks OpieOP
Haha I kinda agree.

It was in the morning. Sometimes I sneeze in the morning. I donno why.

Uncomfortable offensively how?

I do not think I will ever start using iWS+1s with her TBH. I just gave up.

That db+4,3 was just a spur of the moment once in a thousand matches thing. You are right, it sucks.

Her 1+3 grab is crazy good. I like it.

My stick is crappy. I am switching to pad for T7. That is why my movement was crappy. But I do sometimes like to start a round with a backdash into a back sway.

d+4,1 is free on that King player OpieOP Yeah just use d+4 if they can react to it and launch punish. Can Opener too.

I only use SS+1 cancels in my wall pressure. It is good for that.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#255 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest, don't ask for advice and then counter almost everything the person says.

Literally everything he said was beneficial to helping you play better.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#256 “Quote” Edit Post
I thought I was agreeing with most. But ok.
Dwyerster
3rd Dan
PSN: Dwyerster
#257 “Quote” Edit Post
Galen, most of what he said was agreeing and then giving reason for such to continue the conversation.

Also nice Nina Forest IMO.
Signature "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live."