Having a really hard time learning EWGF and OTGF

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ShuriKeN
4th Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
What I'm noticing is when I look at the input bar on my ps3, it often inputs d/f twice when trying to do say OTGF. I play on a stock PS3 controller btw.

1. how can I overcome this? I manage to sometimes pull off EWFG or OTGF but it's completely random...
2. how big of a deal is it to not be able to pull these moves off consistently? Like should I change main(s) if I can only do WGF consistently after say a week of practicing?

This is really frustrating, I thought I was timing my LP wrong on OTGF or not transitioning from d to d/f fast enough on EWGF but this seems like a big problem when it comes to my mechanics... Kinda bummed out tbh, I really like the Mishimas.
Don D
6th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ShuriKeN
What I'm noticing is when I look at the input bar on my ps3, it often inputs d/f twice when trying to do say OTGF. I play on a stock PS3 controller btw.

1. how can I overcome this? I manage to sometimes pull off EWFG or OTGF but it's completely random...
2. how big of a deal is it to not be able to pull these moves off consistently? Like should I change main(s) if I can only do WGF consistently after say a week of practicing?

This is really frustrating, I thought I was timing my LP wrong on OTGF or not transitioning from d to d/f fast enough on EWGF but this seems like a big problem when it comes to my mechanics... Kinda bummed out tbh, I really like the Mishimas.

1. If you see df twice, you pushed the button one frame too late. Try to mentaly push the butten slightly before the df and practice that A LOT.

2. The EWGF is the best move in the game and one of the reasons why mishimas are top tiers. I have maybe a ratio of 50% in practice mode and slightly less in actual matches. I don't use them in combos, but throwing them out here and there and using it for whiff punish is enough, even if it is only a WGF sometimes. If you like mishimas and are not afraid of challanges, I think its worth the time to learn it.
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
otgf is ok to learn but not needed to make Heihachi effective.

EWGF heihachi kinda doesn't need but you do need to learn it better to be more effective. If you want to maximize punishment, keep practicing EWGF and DEWGF
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
If you're getting a WGF instead of an EWGF, it means you're hitting 2 too late. The way I trained myself to hit EWGF consistently was to actually think about hitting the 2 with the down input and then sliding the stick from down to down-forward. The point is just to hit the 2 earlier than you think.

As for OTGF, what I found helped me get this more consistently was to hit the 1 earlier than I thought, just as with the EWGF. Also, practice this slowly. Perfect practice makes perfect =D

I don't think OTGF is really essential to play Heihachi effectively, but I think the threat of an electric is too good to not have. Good luck =)
hwoarang_28
Virtuoso
PSN: HuntingHawk89
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Practice makes perfect, it takes repetition to consistently do it. Im a Hwoarang player and can do the JFSR at will so doing Hei's OTGF wasnt much of a challenge at all. I use pad also so its possible.
Twah
1st Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
for EWGF my best advice is to think of it as this f,n,d+2,d/f

that way you're pressing 2 with down. Try it that way and I think you'll see some results.

for OTGF the input is this f,n,d/f:1 meaning d/f should be pressed in the same frame as 1

try doing it this way f, 1~d/f this really helped me. good luck.
JamesKiseijou
Shihan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Try this. Since you are using a PS3 controller, go to controller setup and enable the left analog stick as movement. In practice mode, press forward (directional button) then down+forward (using left analog stick) + left punch only for Omen Thunder God Fist. For EWGF, its all about muscle memory using directional buttons. Not much I can say for EWGF. Keep practicing. Hope this helps.
JamesKiseijou
Shihan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ShuriKeN

Try this. Since you are using a PS3 controller, go to controller setup and enable the left analog stick as movement. Then in practice mode, press forward with directional button then immediately press down-forward + 1 using the left analog stick. Speaking of just frames, this will also work for Hwoarang's Just frame sky rocket.