Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So thought be cool for all of us to try get handle on the Jackie Chan undertones. It's nice to know where some of moves came from.

For instance, I believe lei's nickname and neutral stance is form the movie super cop.

Jackie does the walk from side to side while facing a someone in a training area.

They also refer to him as the title suggest as "super cop" which lei has been referred to as a few times.

Dragon Lord gets a few nods too.
Lei's tornado kick?(PHX b4) can be seen.
Lei's wall jump attack is also seen

I know they are been many more, share what you know.

Last edited by gettingfood on Jan 27th, 2013 at 17:57

OnlyWingedAngel
1st Dan
PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
His Play Dead feet away head up 4, and 3+4 are in ALLOT of his moves
Signature Presses all the buttons
AKA PepperBeef2Spicy
Marshall/Lei, Yoshi, Steve, King
Qeruberosu
6th Dan
PSN: Qeruberosu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
BT43 Is from Armour of God, when he's fighting a couple monks on top of a table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0LpGUvNmM

Around 2:10
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
A lot of the Snake stuff (especially the new Sit Snake stance moves as well as its cancel into lie down) are from 蛇形刁手 (sorry, don't know the English name)

df3 is from one of the Police Story movies or maybe Project A?

拳精 has a ton of the five animal stance stuff (五形拳

Obviously a lot of Drunken stuff comes from Drunken Fist movies. Speaking of which, the bad guy in DF2 is totally mimicing Baek, heh.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
All of his moves are from J.C. movies, I can go down the list and say which one is from where but that would take too long...and be too much work, so take my word for it!

P.S. The police expect of Wulong comes from "Police Story" of course. The kung fu expect though comes from my favorite Chan movie, "Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin." It's a great movie, in it J.C. plays a guy named 'Hsu Yinfong,' it's an awesome film every Lei fan should check it out.
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
Mingriah
Make TZ Great Again
PSN: mingriah
#6 “Quote” Edit Post

Last edited by Mingriah on Sep 7th, 2017 at 05:36

Signature Please; call me FreeChaolan

Apparently Eliza's not in TTT2 because drunk Japanese can go super saiyan.

that feel when...laggy TV
OnlyWingedAngel
1st Dan
PSN: OnlyWingedAngel
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFbI6fHuKWE

Did the best I could finding all of Lei's moves in Jackie Chan movies.

Boy that was allot of movies. I missed a couple i'm sure. I actually think his Tiger 1+2 comes from the 1st Armor of God when he punches that amazon chick in the chesties.

Originally posted by The Exalted
All of his moves are from J.C. movies, I can go down the list and say which one is from where but that would take too long...and be too much work, so take my word for it!

P.S. The police expect of Wulong comes from "Police Story" of course. The kung fu expect though comes from my favorite Chan movie, "Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin." It's a great movie, in it J.C. plays a guy named 'Hsu Yinfong,' it's an awesome film every Lei fan should check it out.

It is an awesome movie,
IMO the best Chan movies I've watched in that hefty marathon of Jackie Chan movies to make that vid were, in no particiular order

Police Story I
Police Story II
Drunken Master
Gorgeous (The final fight in this movie was, all in, Jackie goes to prove he's still got it damn)
Drunken Master II
Project A
Spirtiual Kung Fu

Hell, pretty much all of his films are good, well allot of his early films actually kind of have the same plot "Troublemaking but Kung Fu prodigy kid goes messing around, a tragedy happens and he meets an old master who teaches him a new style, he becomes humbled and saves the day from some criminals or so". But the fights always have amazing coreography and of course Mr. Chan is the god of Stunt work, esp. in Police Story, damn movie should be renamed The "Glass breaking story". Sadly, I heard he's not a fan of his American films and I can kind of see why, the stunts he performed in his Hong Kong films are way more spectacular, Chan also says he doesn't understand American humor. Chan himself is very much into slapstick like Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton (which shows in his prop fighting and movies) so it makes sense.
Signature Presses all the buttons
AKA PepperBeef2Spicy
Marshall/Lei, Yoshi, Steve, King
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I just saw the Drunken master movies, but his throws come from the second movie! I love drunken boxing
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...