Page Splits 1...<678
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
I dont know if this goes here since there is no question and answer thread or anything like that. A few questions. Question #1 how does bob really deal with jabs and people triyng to lock him down. u/f+3 gets him floated into a full combo. Sometimes b+22 works d+1 fails and so does d/f+2. But d+1 I guess depends on distance not when they are really close. As for his strong pokes I am not really seeing them. Anyone want to clue me in on it. As far as I can see his scariest launcher is u/f+3 , d/f+2 is not crushing jabs or maybe its just me. D/f+2 is good but its not reliable if you are not reading a move. ws2,1 this is really a big combo starter but I dont really get this that often for me to really say its that good. As for lows his lows are not extremely scary. But d/b+3 is really good. help ;\. Also for b+3,2 !b at the wall wall combo?
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
I guessing must be the only bad bob player since I never see any replies on this thread just combos. I got tons of questions
epsilon_
Champion
XBL: HelpfulJaysimon
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
I dont know if this goes here since there is no question and answer thread or anything like that. A few questions. Question #1 how does bob really deal with jabs and people triyng to lock him down. u/f+3 gets him floated into a full combo. Sometimes b+22 works d+1 fails and so does d/f+2. But d+1 I guess depends on distance not when they are really close. As for his strong pokes I am not really seeing them. Anyone want to clue me in on it. As far as I can see his scariest launcher is u/f+3 , d/f+2 is not crushing jabs or maybe its just me. D/f+2 is good but its not reliable if you are not reading a move. ws2,1 this is really a big combo starter but I dont really get this that often for me to really say its that good. As for lows his lows are not extremely scary. But d/b+3 is really good. help ;\. Also for b+3,2 !b at the wall wall combo?

VS Jab "lockdown" you have a few options.

The highest risk, highest reward option is ws 21.

You can also db 1+2 from a little further out (it doesn't work as a "panic" mash button) or d+3 which is also a consistent high crush. Another slightly safer option is ws 1,2 it's a nc now and d+3, 4 is guaranteed on hit. Safe on block but 2nd hit is high, it probably shouldn't get to this point but you can also ws 1, 3+4 which is a mid ending nc but quite unsafe on block. another very risky high crush is cd2. uf+1+2 also has some high crush properties, the first hit is now -10 or -11 so you can't abuse it as a poke anymore but it's bob's best whiff punisher since cd1's launch on normal hit properties were taken away. Also much harder to hit confirm, but if they whiff a move you know you can punish, go all in. Also use liberally at the wall because its a big risk for them to punish you for a 10f punish when if you choose to follow up they will lose at least 40% at the wall...

Generally speaking in tekken, when someone hits you with a jab or two, even on block they are at advantage. Most of the time you should block instead of seeing this as a consistent opportunity to attack. All these options should be used sparingly.

To get df+2 to crush jabs you typically need to set up a counter hit situation, it's a slow move compared to a jab so you generally have to attack first somehow. cd 1 also seems to have some high crush properties, it's a good move to use when spacing, if you get a counter hit, big combo.

As far as pokes, d+2 1 from a distance is very good, mid mid safe on block, tracks well and there's the option to continue the string on block to punish early retaliation. (last 2 hits are NCc) 12, 14, df+1, 1 d+4, cd+1, b+2_22, d+3 are all good options.

As far as lows, if you are up close and with frame advantage I highly recommend liberal use of db+3+4 with or without the 4 followup. Both hits are very unsafe on block but if they try to punish the first hit and you do the 2nd the will be knocked down. Gives you big frame advantage on hit and is unseeable, i usually like to d+1 here as it will catch panic hop kicks in addition to other mashes and knock them down. Once they get used to freezing up after it, you can run up and do jabs to continue pressure, do a cd 4/cd uf+3 mixup, throw, db+3, run up and db 3+4 again etc. 1, d+4 is very good, don't abuse it because of low parry, mix up mids there too. d+3 has a lot of range and high crushes.

cd+4 is also very very useful to use when you know they will hold back after jab pressure or getting hit with a frame advantage move. Make them freeze with 1's and df+1 delayed df2 string and side step 1+2ing their retaliations then, once you have established you won't let them counter attack you, cd+4 and usually hang back to see what they do. After getting exposed on defense people like to mash on launchers so hang back at first and see what they do, if they do a hop kick/launcher etc whiff punish and show them they will have to either stay down (hit them with d+1's on the ground) or take another mixup.

also your basic combo after b+3 2 b! at the wall is df+1, d+3+4 i'd recommend basically always using a tag assault at the wall, find your partner's best option for that.
JonmanMishima
Here's Johnny!!!!
PSN: readwatchread
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by epsilon_
VS Jab "lockdown" you have a few options.

It was a excellent read.I was really impressed by the attention to details. I read it like at least 3-4 times and added it to my tekken notes on bob. So much of the information became instantly valuable. Just the simple d/f+1, d+3+4 gave me a a wall game. Then with some instances I was able to do u/f+3+4 for even more damage. The jab information was really key as well. It helped alot. I am looking into Alisa's best moves at the wall as well. I don't know her TA's dont seem that good.

Next as far as wall splats are concerned outside of the belly lol. what are his goto moves?

I am trying to update my bob arsenal It was not until just recently I found out the amazing GG ss+1+2 lol that one move is so good. So I decided to compile a list of moves that I use and what are you guys views and takes on it. in no order.

Last edited by EndTimes on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 03:53

TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
What are Bob's fastest low crushing moves?
epsilon_
Champion
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TekkenFellow
What are Bob's fastest low crushing moves?
uf+3 is the fastest reliable low crush combo starter.

bb+4, uf1+2, and u+3+4 are all good but slower options.
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
uf+3 is the fastest reliable low crush combo starter.

bb+4, uf1+2, and u+3+4 are all good but slower options.

What frame is uf+3? is it i17
and what frame bb+4 is? Are they same as in BR?
I need some help againt Yoshi,s unblockable low move where he swings his sword and starts a juggle.
epsilon_
Champion
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
just hop kick it. yes same as br.
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
just hop kick it. yes same as br.

you mean ub+4?
epsilon_
Champion
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TekkenFellow
you mean ub+4?
lol no uf+3=hop kick. ub+4 never use...ever.
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#152 “Quote” Edit Post
lol no uf+3=hop kick. ub+4 never use...ever.

LOL, ok. Thanks
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#153 “Quote” Edit Post
So I am running bob/Alisa they have a unusual synergy anyway at the wall with bob nothing seems to give me good damage from a Alisa bound. I mean f+1+2 is okay but not really good ? Like other teams would deal so much more damage. Also Alisa gets nothing from ws+3,3+4 or b+2,4,4 or whatever it is
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#154 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
So I am running bob/Alisa they have a unusual synergy anyway at the wall with bob nothing seems to give me good damage from a Alisa bound. I mean f+1+2 is okay but not really good ? Like other teams would deal so much more damage. Also Alisa gets nothing from ws+3,3+4 or b+2,4,4 or whatever it is

From Alisa b! TA Bob uf+1+2,1+2. Hope it will increase damage output.

Last edited by TekkenFellow on Oct 15th, 2012 at 09:41

Sugar Roll
Champion
#155 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1,2 is NC provided you don't delay it.

Last edited by Sugar Roll on Oct 18th, 2012 at 00:05

Signature A warrior from a group of islands far to the southeast. Dubbed as "sugarol", which literally means gambler in his native land, as he used to spend his free time gambling. Though successful in it, he decided to mend his ways as he realized it was no different from stealing. He kept his name as a constant reminder of his past but it later evolved to what he is known now, Sugar Roll.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#156 “Quote” Edit Post
What to do against Bobs who don't know what they're doing? The Bobs in my school (who I try to humiliate) just keep doing his flashy, acrobatic kick strings, and since there's lag on the TV we play on, I can't duck and WS punish. They don't know HS or any of his other lows, so I just keep blocking and 112'ing (we have to play mirror matches always, and the loser chooses, and I never lose haha) as I have no real reason to duck other than the HS. I also try and BDC and try to whiff punish with SHORYUKEN's, but sooner or later I find my back to the wall. And I'm then fucked.

I actually think Bob's a very decent character, but I feel he's a bit unfair to some other characters, as he's a regular character on the floor and in the air, which I think is pretty unfair compared to what good range he has on his jabs, pokes and his f+1+2 (the only other good move my opponents know of Bob, and it gets very annoying).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
stan17
HitmanSTANce?
#157 “Quote” Edit Post
since no qna thread, I would like to ask if you can still duck his b+1+2 string?
Signature 19IIEE75

"A gentleman is having the united sentiments of virtue, truth and justice."

"Oki is the Best Policy."