Page Splits 123>...9
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
This thread contains a complete analysis of Jinpachi's movelist. Video examples of the moves are included.

Who is Jinpachi?
Jinpachi Mishima is the father of Heihachi. He was first introduced in Tekken 5 as the final boss. He came back from the dead from under Honmaru thanks to a dark force.
In TTT2 he is playable for the first time as a normal character (he was playable in T5: DR online version but with ridiculous boss moves).
Jinpachi is a good character, general consensus is somewhere around A(+) on the tier list. This is thanks to his superb punishment, good assist character, wallsplat from the majority of his moves and damage. A quick rundown on his strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths
-Superb punishment. Jinpachi launches at i14 from standing AND ws. He wallsplats at i10. He has a damaging i12 punisher that also wallsplats.
-wallsplat from many moves.
-Good TA assist character with ub12~F, FLY34_FLY34_df21_ss21
-Hits like a freight train. Many of his moves easily pass 30 damage on normal hit, some pass 40 or reach almost 50. It's ridiculous how much damage he can do with a few single hits, especially with netsu activated.
-Has lots of moves that KND/W!
-Has a number of moves that hit grounded.

Weaknesses
-BIG character. He gets hit with so much stuff when neutral on the ground. Think moves like Wang's d2 or Yoshi's f1+2 (could be wrong notation) that usually don't hit grounded.
-Sluggish movement. b3+4 partially makes up for that.
-Kinda unsafe. To play him effectively, you'll probably have to take some risks.
-Hard to set up a solid offense. Since his fastest safe mid is i14 (df1) and all of his lows are negative on hit it's a struggle to put your opponent under pressure.
-Some punishment holes. This isn't a very big deal but his i14 ws launcher doesn't net a lot of solo damage and he lacks a strong i15/i16 ws launcher. The trade for his i14 standing launch is that it's a high and again, he doesn't have a i15-i17 mid launcher which means he can't launchpunish moves up to i22 that recover low (example: best punishment Jinpachi gets for Lars' uf3 is u4, d4)
Jinpachi also doesn't have a far reaching punisher at a decent speed. His fastest moves that reach further are i18 and they don't reach far enough to be able to punish some moves that have more pushback.

Movelist
Topmove! 12 Jinpachi's main punishment for i10, especially at the wall. Hits hm and is a NC. It knocks down/wallsplats. Jpa is one of few characters that can get a wallsplat off of i10 so this is a good thing. To compensate for all this goodness the move is launchpunishable (-17) on block. The 1 by itself gives +1 on block likemost jabs.

Topmove! 1,b2 Nice poking tool. It hits hm and is a NCc. It's -5 on block which is good. CH (1)b2 knocks down/wallsplats which is great. Due to the threat of the (delayable) b2 followup, opponents can start hesitating after a single 1, making your jab more threatening by itself only because 1b2 even exists.

22 An alternative for 12. Less bad on block (-13) and NC. It hits hh at i10. Downside is that it's -2 on hit. On the other hand it puts Jinpachi slightly to your opponents right so sidewalking in that direction might put you on their side or in their back of they don't react properly. 22 Has slightly more range than f1 making it the better option when there's more pushback. With 37 damage it also hits hard.

4 high i13. Barely safe on block at -9, and launches on CH. It has it's uses but be careful because it hits very high.

1+2 Jinpachi charges and shoots an unblockable mid fireball out of his stomach (don't ask...). Takes time to come out and can be easily sidestepped. It does travel the whole screen so sometimes you can surprise opponents. It can be used as a catch for opponents who think they can safely tag out when they're at a big distance. It can also be used a a tagcatch after ending your juggle with ws3. If your opponent is anything but full screen away they can sidestep, run in and punish you since Jpa has a lot of recovery afterwards.

1+2+3 Taunt where Jinpachi puts his arms together while laughing. Pretty useless but if you feel like humiliating or confusing your opponent, it can be canceled.

1+2+4 Taunt/alternative supercharger. It seems to take about just as much time to charge as 1+2+3+4 but looks cooler.

f21,1+2 3 Hit mmm string. Best used in wallcombos or as a juggle ender. f21 is NC but -10 on block. You can still use it since opponents will be hesitant to punish due to the risk of the last hit coming out (which is -14 on block ). (f2)1,1+2 is a NCC. If the last hit connects it knocks down/wallsplats and if your opponent doesn't quickroll ff3 is guaranteed.

f3 Advancing knee. Jinpachi steps forward with his right foot and jumps forward with his left knee. It's a linear attack and takes a while to come out (i23). It covers some distance and grants a juggle on CH. On block you're very safe (-3) so you have quite some options on block. One of them is sidewalking right.
f3 is also used in shorter TA juggles where your TA partner leaves your opponent close and high. (example: Jpa df21, df31 TA!, Wan uf31, Jpa f3, ff1+2)

f4 Standard Mishima axe kick. Hits mid and is +3 on block and +5 on hit. On CH you get a free d1+2 for 59 damage for 2 hits. Also binds.

f1+2 Safe double fisted attack that knocks down/wallsplats at i15. That makes this move ideal for usage at the wall: a safe i15 mid wallsplatting attack that deals 30+ damage.

Stance f_b3+4 Astral Projection (AP). One of Jinpachi's stances where he projects forward or backward. It ends in his 1+2+3 taunt if there's no further input. Troughout the movement you're vulnerable to attacks.
f3+4 has a few applications. It can be used to crossover grounded opponents. For instance with your back to the wall u+4, f+3+4 will swap sides. It can also be used to teleport to the wall after a juggle that wallsplats from a distance. f3+4,1 will wallhit in that situation.
f3+4 can also be used as a pressure tool to close in on your opponent for a safe 2 knockdown attempt or cancel and apply pressure.
b3+4 can be used as a fast retreat after blocked moves with little minusframes or to get out of a sicky situation, including a tag in.

AP1+2 Throw out of AP. It has a 1+2 break. It has an obvious and slow animation and there isn't a mixup from it making this move nothing more than a gimmick.

AP1 A mid shoulderattack from AP that hits superlow. It even hits knocked down opponents when they aren't completely still yet. Think b12, AP1 (if opponent doesn't quickbackroll). It's -13 on block making it dangerous to throw it out so only use it when you know it's going to hit.

AP2 The high mixup from AP and the best move from it. It comes out fast and is safe. Not just safe, -2 safe giving a lot of options even on block. On hit it knocks opponents on their back. On backroll, at least d21, db21 is guaranteed. It has quite some reach making it a good option after a retreating b3+4 and when your opponent comes in whiffing.

f1+4 Advancing mid shoulderattack. It clocks in at 18 frames and is -14 on block. f1+4 had it's uses but is too slow too punish, Jinpachi has better whiffpunishing options and you can┤t just throw it out with -14 on block. The best place for it seems to be at the wall after a TA with many hits or when you need to break a wall/balcony.

f2+3 Jinpachi's second unblockable. It can be used after a long juggle ending in a balcony break. It has small reach and in unblockable tradition takes forever to come out.

df11 Jinpachi's fastest safe mid at i14. With the lack of a i13 safe mid, df1 is an important move in Jinpachi's arsenal. It's properties aren't that great though: -3 on block, +3 on hit. That makes df1 a double edged blade: it means you have to use it but at the same time it limits you in building an offense. This gets more obvious when you compare it with other characters df1's that usually startup in 13 frames with -1 on block.
The second hit is a high. The good news is that it's only -5 on block. It can be ducked but your opponent has to anticipate it because the animation is pretty fast and small.
df1 tracks to the left.

Topmove! df21 Jinpachi twin pistons, i14 launcher! It hits hm. You should only use df2 by itself unless you┤re 100% sure df21 will connect. df21 is -16. df2 is an absolute topmove. Only small complaint is that it's a high. It would be broken if it was a mid though but the underlying 'problem' is that there isn't a supporting mid launcher with decent frames meaning you can't launchpunish moves that recover crouching (think Lars' uf3) up to -22.
Btw: don't use df2_df21 to launch your opponent in the back as you can't juggle from it. Use ub12 in that situation.

df31 Pretty far reaching NC two hit string that hits mm. In most juggles this is his bindmove of choice. At -12 it shouldn't be used in open play unless you trained opponents to duck the second hit with df32.
df31 gives spike oki and works as a backrollcatch in some situations.

df32 Mixup with df31. Hits mh and is NC. Second hit is duckable. It knocks down/wallsplats and is practically safe on block, it's only punishable at the wall with jabs.

df4 Mid kick. Like df1, this isn't a standard df4. It's i18. It has quite some reach and is safe. It's superlinear. Best situation to use it is at 2 character distances away as a poke.

Topmove! df1+2 Interesting move. It comes out pretty slow in 22 frames but is a safe mid launcher that tracks well to both sides. The following solo juggle doesn't do much damage since you must bind immediately with d1. When you TA it can easily do some 15-20 damage more. This means you almost have to TA for the damage but that also means giving up possible red life and giving away netsu.

d+1: Boundmove similar to Hei and Paul's d1. It hits mid. It can be used as a poke since it hits pretty low and is safe. In walljuggles it can be used to bait tagcrash. By sidewalking left after it you'll be able to run up and hit your opponent oBT. As said, d1 is THE followup of choice after df1+2.

Topmove! d21 This move is divine. It's a mm NC, second hit can be delayed, is safe and launches on CH. the first hit is steppable but that's hard and has to be anticipated. It comes out in 18 frames and reaches quite far. The first hit by itself is -11 but has pushback and no opponent should be stupid enough to try and punish. You can throw out the second hit anytime because it's safe.

d3 A low kinda short slide (compared to dragon slides) that┤s -17 on block. On hit you┤re at even frames. On CH your opponent gets knocked down FDFT for a free ff3. Not one of his topmoves but it will come in handy sometimes.
d3 is good for chasing down extra damage when anticipating tag crash as the opponent will always go over you.

d1+2 Double handed mid smash to the ground, hits grounded and is +3 on block. It has a huge animation and takes long to come out. Sadly, because of the small pushback on block you won't be able to take a lot of advantage from the plusframes. This move can be used sometimes but you really have to look for ways to incorporate it into your game. One way to use it is after you knocked down your opponent at the wall for a free ground hit or a forced block and plusframes with your opponent's back to the wall.
d1+2 is guaranteed after CH f4 for 59 damage.

Stance d3+4 Charge Stance (CHG). Jinpachi charges himself up but doesn't get supercharged. It gives acces to 1 or 2 followup. Out of his 3 stances, this is by far the least usable one.

CHG1 Jinpachi's version of the thundergodfist. He projects forward quite a bit and throws out his flaming TGF. It tracks both ways but very well to his left. It does good damage and wallsplats high but it's -12 on block. Some characters have a hard time punishing it so against certain characters you might want to throw it out sometimes.

CHG2The high mixup, his EWGF. Tagbufferable. Jinpachi dashes just like CHG1 but it doesn't reach as far. It does give a tagbufferable launch on hit and is +8 on block. The reason why this isn't one of his topmoves is that it takes forever to come out because you need to do it from CHG.

Topmove! db12 Very, very important tool in Jinpachi's arsenal. It's a standard db1 special mid crouch jab into a NCc mid knockdown punch. Impact in 10 frames. Because of Jinpachi's large size, sluggish movement and bad frames for pressure this move has to be in your repertoire of keep out moves when your opponent is rushing in your face. I cannot stress enough how important this move is for him. The (logical) trade is that it's launchpunishable at -16 if you do both hits.

Topmove! db21 This move is important for Jinpachi as well but with the trade as usual. It's a NC lh string that does nice damage for a low. The db2 highcrushes. You are at minus frames on hit (!!!) so you've got to be careful afterwards but it's a great way to break your opponents defense. If opponents block the second hit only you are at -12. If they block the first they can stay down and ws launch you. Even if they do stand up the second hit will go through them giving an opportunity to launchpunish the whiff. Stopping after db2 leaves you in crouch.

db31: Jinpachi's 'hellsweep meets Leo db41'. On clean hit it's a lm NC. This means you have to be really close for it to be effective. It can be used as juggle ender, especially at the wall to end a TA combo. If the db3 gets blocked your opponent can delayed hopkick you. If they block the second hit you're at -12.

db4 A good lowkick looking similar to Kazuya's db4. It puts you slightly to your opponents right side but as with all of Jinpašhi's lows you're at negative frames on hit. Use it to annoy opponents into ducking.

db1+2 A high evasive move that hits hard and is safe! Together with db1(2) and b3+4 this is Jinpachi's ticket out of pressured situations.

b12 Jinpachi's fantastic i12 punisher. It hits hh, does a shitload of damage and knocks down/wallsplats. It's -12 on block so you should commit to using it only as punisher or juggle ender to W! your opponent (12 can also be used to W! your opponents. It does a bit less damage but recovers faster). Even b1 by itself is unsafe on block.

b2 Homing mid that launches on CH and knocks down/wallsplats on normal hit. Sounds great and it certainly isn't bad but at -12 on block you won't be just throwing this out.

b3 m, stomp like Heihachi's d3, hits grounded. It's comes out slow and doesn't do a lot of damage. Imo one of Jinpachi's more useless moves since he has other/better moves that also hit mid and grounded. b3 is also the start of his tenstring and b32 is a NC.

b4 High, safe and far reaching homing move. This is your homing move of choice. As said it reaches far and it knocks down/wallsplats on hit. It's also very safe. Only risk is that it's a high but this is a great move. Maybe even one of his topmoves.

b1+2 Mid hitting and binding violent headbutt that impacts at 13 frames. Mainly used as a B! move in certain TA juggles. You don't want to just throw this out as it's -12 on block, even if it puts your opponent in crouch. In theory you could use it to punish i13 but there's no reason to use it over b12.

ub12(~F) i13 mm CH launcher and B! move. This move has more ways to use. You'll be using it most to end juggles after B! or TA (where uf1 will whiff and the 2 picks them back up), or as a TA filler. Holding F enters FLY stance. ub1 also binds. It'll probably be your least used B! move since the other B! moves do more damage but it does have it's uses. In the situation where you hit your opponents from a crouching state you can B! with ub1 due to the 'u' input that automatically crouchcancels.
ub12 is also a taggable i13 CH launcher and it's -10 on block. This means that if you can read an agressive opponent you can interrupt them with your ub12. In the back ub12 also seems to be the best choice to launch as df2_df21 can't juggle in the back.

Last edited by sandilord on Oct 1st, 2013 at 12:49

Signature
Suzaku
Just win, baby
PSN: Suzaku4
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Topmove! u4 i18 lowcrushing, tracking mid knee that knocks down for a free d4 and/or oki. Can also be used in certain juggles. Yes, this move is that good. Only thing you have to watch out for is opponents interrupting you for a float combo.

uf34 mm, like Heihachi's uf34. Use it in the same way. It can be used to end certain TA juggles. Probably unnessecary to mention, but it's a mid,mid move that's plusframes on block.

uf4 Jumping (read: lowcrushing) superfar reaching mid kick that does around 40 (!) damage. If opponents don't quickbackroll f1+4 is guaranteed. It's only -10 AND can only be punished at the wall due to it's pushback making it safe most of the time. Only thing keeping this move from being really good is that it's superlinear. Every slight sidemovement from your opponent will make it whiff but if you find a way to apply it this is a move that certainly has it's uses.

uf3+4 Stance, see Fly. The manual way to enter FLY stance next to ub12~F. Jinpachi rises in the air in a slight uf motion, more forward then up. This is mostly used to do FLY4.

ff2 m, impales the enemy before kicking them off him. It looks cool but is kinda slow, punishable on block (-11) and other moves do more damage and can be used in the same situations. One of Jinpachi's lesser moves.

ff3 Advancing mid that knocks down for a free d4, hits grounded and is safe (-6). After ff3, d4 you get oki as well. Great move with (again) the only drawback being it doesn't track well.

ff4 Similar to ff3. It's also a lowcrushing advancing mid that knocks down on hit and tracks bad (worse that ff3). ff4's unique points: it's even on block! On hit you get another free ff4 if your opponent didn't quickbackroll. It wallsplats.

fff3 Typical wr3 with a unique animation. In other words: knockdown on hit, plusframes on block and easily sidesteppable. Can be used to pressure opponents when doen as iwr3 and in some situations as wallhit from a distance to d4.

Topmove! WS11 i14 ws mid,mid launcher. ws11 gives an immediate B! which means you won't be getting full regular juggle damage from it. Still, you get 68 solo damage and over 80 damage for a 14 frame punish which is awesome. You can do ws1>1 but it's only NC if you don't delay it. You can try for a CH (ws1)>1 for a free d4 but at -12 that's kinda risky.

ws2,1+2 ws2 is Jinpachi's biggest launcher. It has a 20 frame startup and can be tagged out. You can also hit 1+2 (which only comes out if ws2 connects) for a spiritbomb followup. While looking cool, it binds immediately meaning early bind and sacrificing a red life juggle so you'll probably want to commit to ws2~5 all the time. Because of the redlife followup this is the better option than delayed hopkick when punishing big lows.

ws3 i13 Mid rising knee that launches on CH. While being -11 on block it's a good move to throw out sometimes for the big damage you get off of a CH. It's also his i13 ws punisher and is used in a number of juggles. Important move for Jinpachi.

WS441 i11 ws mid/mid/mid string. ws44 is his ws i11 punisher. This is an interesting string. ws44 is NC, (ws4)41 is NCC, the 1 can be delayed and wallsplats and (ws4)4 hits grounded. The price for all this goodness is that both ws44 and ws441 are -15 on block.

FC,df1 Low poke from crouch. Knocks opponents down FDFT on CH for a free ff3.

FC,df2 A heavy mid blow from crouch with quite some reach. On block it's safe and pushes back. On hit it knocks down and away.

ss21 Mid/mid natural combo that does good damage and gives a high wallsplat. ss2 has deceptively long reach and can be used as a whiff punisher. You can't just throw it out though: ss2 = -13, ss21 = -16.

(Opponent down) d4 stomp when your opponent is grounded. d4 is very important for Jinpachi because he has so many moves that knock down. There's a number of ways to set it up and it does good damage.

1+2+3+4 Supercharge. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fly (uf3+4)
~112 hhh
~112:2hhh JF
~124 hhm, B!
~2 m, B!
~34 mm, double kicks, NC
~4 l, looks similar to Hei's cd~d3.

10 string
b32112121,1+2,1+2 mmmmlhmmm,unblockable

Throws
1+3, Neckbreaker into jumping slamdown
2+4 Jumping slamdown, same as in DR.
sidethrow left
sidethrow right
backthrow
ff1+2 Now standard Mishima stonehead grab
d1+3 crouchthrow into juggle
d2+4 crouchthrow

Airthrow 1+3_2+4
Fly 112~2 Judging by this vid, the throw could be a JF input.
b1+3_2+4 Reversal, damages and knocks down now.

Tagthrows
Jinpachi (1+3) - Heihachi
Jinpachi (1+3) - Kazuya
Jinpachi (ff1+2) - Heihachi
Jinpachi (ff1+2) - Wang
Wang (df3+4) - Jinpachi

Last edited by tyler2k on Oct 2nd, 2013 at 06:44

Signature

F ALL FOREVER
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I was actually going to post more but I've been busy the last couple of days so I never posted the "stance" article on my website.

First off his definite first weakness is the lack of scary mids, it's like playing as Kazuya except he has no f,f+3, d/f+2, or d/f+1,4 to stop people from ducking 24/7. Jinpachi does have f,f+3 though which is really frickin good, low crush, pretty fast, seems about -2 on block, +frames on hit, KND on CH. But other than that I really can't think of any notable mids, f+3 is too slow, b+2 is unsafe, f,f+4 is lacklustre, d+1+2 is more of a ground hitting attack, d/f+4 is slow and has nothing scary about it. The only other thing might be iWR+3, but (afaik) f,f+3 does everything iWR+3 can do, save for +frames on block, but better.

The one thing that Jinpachi has that makes him (imo) pretty scary is his punishment, KND/W! good range i10, KND/W! good range i12, great range (I believe) i14 f+2,1 though it doesn't KND/W!, respectable range i15. Then out of WS he has a crap ton of attacks, tsunami kick i11, WS+3 (probably ~i13), WS+1,1 (talked to some socal players, might be as fast as i14 but is definitely at most i15), then WS+2 for slow stagger type attacks.

"Is he any fun to play?" Sure, even though he's been toned down from his DR version, he's still fairly unique when compared to the rest of the cast. AP allows for him to scoot around the stages and out of +frame situations quite comfortably. I didn't test much into it, but on one of the early days I performed an AP out of AP, namely f+3+4, b+3+4, which assuming isn't a glitch, might be a good tactic for catching your opponent flinching if you can do b+3+4, f+3+4.

Known juggles:
d/f+2, d/f+1, 1, d/f+3,1, B!
d/f+2,1, d+1, B!
WS+2,1+2, B!
CH b+2_WS+3_f+3, iWS+4, 1, d/f+3,1, B!

Post bind options:
f,f, d/b+3,1
f,f, d/f+2,1
f,f+3
f+2,1,1+2 (at wall)

Post TA assist:
f+1, f+1+3_2+4
f+3, f,f+1+2
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Big cheers for all of your work on the 'pachi. I'll be following this thread and your site closely.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
anesthetic
1st Dan
XBL: tysonite
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
^
Pooh Hardy
Iron Fist God
PSN: poohhardy
XBL: eww no way
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
what is jinpachi's 2p costume look like?
Signature : Holy shit. Our redesigns look so awesome, Leo.
: I know right? I practically look like an SNK prota-
: Ahh crap, Steve is coming. He thinks he looks so cool now.
: Hey guys, check it out! I rock the hood better than Jin!
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
From what I understood all characters only have a p1 costume at this point, the alternate is the same with another color. To be revealed...
Signature
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
(original text: updated first post)
PLACEHOLDER, THIS NEEDS TO BE EDITED INTO THE SECOND POST:

Topmove! u4 i18 lowcrushing, tracking mid knee that knocks down for a free d4 and/or oki. Can also be used in certain juggles. Yes, this move is that good. Only thing you have to watch out for is opponents interrupting you for a float combo.

uf34 mm, like Heihachi's uf34. Use it in the same way. It can be used to end certain TA juggles. Probably unnessecary to mention, but it's a mid,mid move that's plusframes on block.

uf4 Jumping (read: lowcrushing) superfar reaching mid kick that does around 40 (!) damage. If opponents don't quickbackroll f1+4 is guaranteed. It's only -10 AND can only be punished at the wall due to it's pushback making it safe most of the time. Only thing keeping this move from being really good is that it's superlinear. Every slight sidemovement from your opponent will make it whiff but if you find a way to apply it this is a move that certainly has it's uses.

uf3+4 Stance, see Fly. The manual way to enter FLY stance next to ub12~F. Jinpachi rises in the air in a slight uf motion, more forward then up. This is mostly used to do FLY4.

ff2 m, impales the enemy before kicking them off him. It looks cool but is kinda slow, punishable on block (-11) and other moves do more damage and can be used in the same situations. One of Jinpachi's lesser moves.

ff3 Advancing mid that knocks down for a free d4, hits grounded and is safe (-6). After ff3, d4 you get oki as well. Great move with (again) the only drawback being it doesn't track well.

ff4 Similar to ff3. It's also a lowcrushing advancing mid that knocks down on hit and tracks bad (worse that ff3). ff4's unique points: it's even on block! On hit you get another free ff4 if your opponent didn't quickbackroll. It wallsplats.

fff3 Typical wr3 with a unique animation. In other words: knockdown on hit, plusframes on block and easily sidesteppable. Can be used to pressure opponents when doen as iwr3 and in some situations as wallhit from a distance to d4.

Topmove! WS11 i14 ws mid,mid launcher. ws11 gives an immediate B! which means you won't be getting full regular juggle damage from it. Still, you get 68 solo damage and over 80 damage for a 14 frame punish which is awesome. You can do ws1>1 but it's only NC if you don't delay it. You can try for a CH (ws1)>1 for a free d4 but at -12 that's kinda risky.

ws2,1+2 ws2 is Jinpachi's biggest launcher. It has a 20 frame startup and can be tagged out. You can also hit 1+2 (which only comes out if ws2 connects) for a spiritbomb followup. While looking cool, it binds immediately meaning early bind and sacrificing a red life juggle so you'll probably want to commit to ws2~5 all the time. Because of the redlife followup this is the better option than delayed hopkick when punishing big lows.

ws3 i13 Mid rising knee that launches on CH. While being -11 on block it's a good move to throw out sometimes for the big damage you get off of a CH. It's also his i13 ws punisher and is used in a number of juggles. Important move for Jinpachi.

WS441 i11 ws mid/mid/mid string. ws44 is his ws i11 punisher. This is an interesting string. ws44 is NC, (ws4)41 is NCC, the 1 can be delayed and wallsplats and (ws4)4 hits grounded. The price for all this goodness is that both ws44 and ws441 are -15 on block.

FC,df1 Low poke from crouch. Knocks opponents down FDFT on CH for a free ff3.

FC,df2 A heavy mid blow from crouch with quite some reach. On block it's safe and pushes back. On hit it knocks down and away.

ss21 Mid/mid natural combo that does good damage and gives a high wallsplat. ss2 has deceptively long reach and can be used as a whiff punisher. You can't just throw it out though: ss2 = -13, ss21 = -16.

(Opponent down) d4 stomp when your opponent is grounded. d4 is very important for Jinpachi because he has so many moves that knock down. There's a number of ways to set it up and it does good damage.

1+2+3+4 Supercharge. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fly (uf3+4)
~112 hhh
~112:2hhh JF
~124 hhm, B!
~2 m, B!
~34 mm, double kicks, NC
~4 l, looks similar to Hei's cd~d3.

10 string
b32112121,1+2,1+2 mmmmlhmmm,unblockable

Throws
1+3, Neckbreaker into jumping slamdown
2+4 Jumping slamdown, same as in DR.
sidethrow left
sidethrow right
backthrow
ff1+2 Now standard Mishima stonehead grab
d1+3 crouchthrow into juggle
d2+4 crouchthrow

Airthrow 1+3_2+4
Fly 112~2 Judging by this vid, the throw could be a JF input.
b1+3_2+4 Reversal, damages and knocks down now.

Tagthrows
Jinpachi (1+3) - Heihachi
Jinpachi (1+3) - Kazuya
Jinpachi (ff1+2) - Heihachi
Jinpachi (ff1+2) - Wang
Wang (df3+4) - Jinpachi

Last edited by sandilord on Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:12

Signature
PltnmNgl
Master
PSN: Jinkwai
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Juggles
From Arcadia Magazine
I: df2, u4, ub12~F, B! FLY 112 (there's also mention of FLY 112~2 or something after it but I can't understand...)
II: df21, df31 B!, df32
III: df1+2, db21
IV: ws11, ff, df1, f21,1+2 (I think that's what it says)
V: (ch?)b2, df31 B!, db31

I. Last part is 1,1,2 air hit 2
V. W! not CH

Cheers,

N
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx Noodalls, edited it. Do you have any idea what 112 air hit 2 does?

@ post nr 9 (great nickname you chose there...): that's ws2, 1+2.
Signature
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
PSN: SlayersliceNL
XBL: Slayerslice
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Does he have a big frame like Jack/Bears/Marduk? He seems big, but idk.
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
tyler2k
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Thx Noodalls, edited it. Do you have any idea what 112 air hit 2 does?
It's supposed to be an airborne attack throw of some kind, only parallel I could think of that it might look like would be DJ CD+1~U/F
Originally posted by Dr. Cola
Does he have a big frame like Jack/Bears/Marduk? He seems big, but idk.
I'm fairly confident he doesn't, I was watching matches earlier today (can't remember if it was from EVO or Asia) and distinctly thinking, "Hmm, that didn't hit, I guess he's not a big." Of course I may be mistaken.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Tyler, can you doublecheck the first post for the ???'s and that one move I don't know what it is. It's right handed so it should be something like 2 or 1+2. Could it be db1+2? I thought db1+2 was the new notation for his dr fb2 or whatever it was.

Also, if anyone has movies were there are moves that don't have a link yet, please let me know.
Signature
tyler2k
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
All the (???) are correct, TekkenLive's youtube channel recently posted the last EVO TTT2 video and there's a ton of my Jinpachi play up there so I'll send you a PM with the missing bits and pieces of his move list, including his new "reversal".
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/...movelist000.jpg

I'd type up the h/m/l, but that'll take effort that I know Sandilord will do anyway.

Can't wait to spam b+2! Old men for life!
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/...movelist000.jpg

I'd type up the h/m/l, but that'll take effort that I know Sandilord will do anyway.

Can't wait to spam b+2! Old men for life!
I will! Thx for the link.
Signature
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
This is looking good so far.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
tyler2k
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Jinpachi is awesome, just saying
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Btw, I only noticed this when moving the thread here, but Tyler is also responsible for most if not all the youtube links of the moves, no need to thank me...

Keep up the good work guys!

PS: Tyler and Sandi: you should really step forward and apply for Jinpachi forum mods if you want and have enough time. Here: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=122051