Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Character specific notations:
VTS - Vale Tudo Stance, called Ready position in-game, certain strings can transition or cancel into it by inputting 3+4
VTSc - Vale Tudo Stance cancel, done by inputting 3+4 in VTS.
RA - b+1+2 when in rage
RD - f+2+3 when in rage

1.New moves and changes from TTT2
i)New moves
a) VTS f+1,4 - Mid/high string, knocks down and tailspins in combos, doesn't seem to have much range, -10 on block
b) f+1+2 - his old f+1+2 from BR, i15, knocks down, high attack, -10 on block
c) b+3+4 - his old b+4 from DR, i18, high attack, wall bounce attack, -14 on block
d) f,f+3,2 - mid/mid with second hit launching, natural combo on counter hit, i19, -14 on block
e) fc df+2 - his old ws+2 from DR, high attack, knocks down, has some evasion, i20, -3 on block

ii)Changes
a) f+1+4 doesn't knockdown on NH anymore
b) df+1 is now i15 instead of i16
c) df+4,2 is now mid/high instead of mid/mid and doesn't jail on block, it also tailspins and wallsplats
d) (d+2)4 doesn't launch on ch anymore
e) db+3,1,1 can be canceled into VTS by inputting 3+4, the last hit if the string is canceled, unlike df+3,1,2
f) db+3,4 can be canceled into the tackle by inputting 1+2
g) b+2+3 can also be canceled into the tackle by inputting 1+2
h) his old b+1+2 input has been changed to ub+1+2, and can transition to VTS
i) uf+4 knockdown has been changed and no longer guarantees db+3,1,1, the only guaranteed attack now is d+3
j) his old f+1+2 input has been changed to b,f+1+2
k) qcf+2 now has an auto throw on counter hit
l) fc df+4 knocks down differently on counter hit
m) ss+2 can now transition to VTS
n) grounded fdfa d+2 auto transitions to mount if hit from the front

2.Punishes
i)Standing
i10 - 1,d+2(+7 on hit,20 damage) OR 2,1(+5 on hit,22 damage)
i12 - f,f+2(cannot be buffered, has to be input after block recovers, high attack, wallsplats)
i13 - df+4,2(mid/high, wallsplats)
i14 - b+4(seems to have a bit better reach than df+4)
i15 - df+1(launch) or f+1+2(long range)
i16 - db+2(long range)
i17 - uf+1+2 or df+3,df+1
i18 - qcf+1(buffer able but strict timing, better to do uf+1+2 and use qcf+1 for whiff punishment)

ii)While standing
i11 - ws+1(can go into VTS, nice delay window to do ws+1>2 counter hit launch, also ws+1,2 is not NC but it is NCc)
i13 - ws+4
i18 - ws+3(better to do uf+1+2, as it does a bit more damage)
i23 - uf,n,4(delayed hopkick for stagger blocks like hellsweep or snake edge)

3.NC and NCc strings
i)NC
1,d+2
VTS f+1,2
VTS f+1,4
(f+2)d+1,2
f+3,2
df+3,1,2
df+3,1,d+2
df+3,1+2
df+3,df+1
df+4,2
d+2,4

ii)NCc
df+2,1
db+3,1
db+3,4
b+1,2
f,f+3,2
ws+1,2

4.Tailspin moves
VTS f+14
f+2,1
df+2,1
df+4,2
db+2
db+3,1,1
f,f+4

5.Armor moves
VTS f+2
f+1+2

6.Homing moves
b+2
f,f+4

7.Combos

(f+2)1_df+1_df+3,df+1_ws+3_uf+1+2_uf,n,4_(f+2)d+1,
2_ch f+3 :

• df+4,2 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 49 damage)

d+1+2 :

• f+2,1 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 54 damage)

qcf+1_ch f+2_ch (f+3)2_ch (db+3)1_ch b+2_ch uf+3_ch (b,f+1+2)2_ch ws+2 :

• 3+4 VTS df+1+2, db+2 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 55 damage)

db+1+2_db+1+3 ground throw(slight ssr after launch) :

• uf+3, db+2 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 55 damage)

ch d+1_ch (b+1)2_ch ws+4 :

• db+4(launcher + 16~18 damage)

ch (df+4)2_ch db+2 [instant tailspin] :

• dash 3+4 VTS df+1+2, f+1,2,3+4 VTSc, 1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 47 damage)

ch (1,2)f+1 :

• db+3,1,1 S! dash 3+4 VTS df+1+2, b+1,2(launcher + 46 damage)

qcf+1_ch uf+3_ch f,f+3,2 :

• uf+1+2, db+2 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 52 damage)

ch (ws+1)2_ch grounded fuft 3(slight dash after launch) :

• df+2,1 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(launcher + 49 damage)

ch fc df+4 :

• fc 1+2(launcher + 20 damage)

f,f+1+2 :

• 3+4 VTS df+1+2, db+2 S! dash b,f+1+2,2(launcher + 43 damage)

df+1_df+3,df+1_ws+3_(f+2)d+1,2_d+1+2_uf,n,4_ch f+3_ch(f+3)2 :

• 2,d+1+2, db+3,1,1 S! f,f+3,2(launcher + 44 damage)
    can use rage art or rage drive after screw instead of f,f+3,2

vs back-turned opponent:

• f+2,d+1,2, 2,d+1+2, df+2,1 S! dash b+1,2(98 damage)

low parry combos:

• 3+4 VTS df+1+2, db+2 S! dash df+3,1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(55 damage)
  • f,f+4 S! dash 3+4 VTS df+1+2, f+1,2,3+4 VTSc f,f+1+2(53 damage)
  • uf+1+2, db+3,1,1 S! dash qcf+1,2_f,f+3,2(44 or 43 damage)

wall splat combos:

• W! 1+3_2+4_f,f+1+2(damage scales based on number of combo hits, max damage is 37)
  • df+3,1(damage varies from 12 to 5, based on number of hits), db+4(13 damage at 60% scaling)_ground throw(40 or 20 damage)
  • b,f+1+2,2(23 damage)

wall bounce combo:

• max range: b+3+4(wall bounce), 3+4 VTS df+1+2, 2,d+1+2 W! df+3,1, db+4(total 77 damage)_ground throw(total 104 or 84 damage)
  • closest to wall range: b+3+4(wall bounce), df+3 W!,1, db+4(total 55 damage)_ground throw(total 82 or 62 damage)

8.Tips on doing the VTSc f,f+1+2
During the VTS animation, Marduk goes into a kind of crouching animation, when you 3+4 again during VTS he will quickly stand up(inputting 3+4,3+4 in neutral, you can see that this takes about 1 second). During this animation is when you can do the f,f+1+2 grab. You can buffer one of the forward inputs when you see him going into the stance and the next when f+1+2 input when he is standing up. Also when using a string that transitions into VTS(ie df+3,1,2 or 1,2 or ws+1), you can input both the transition and the cancel as a part of the string(something like 1,2,3+4,3+4), then the grab when the timing is right.

Last edited by sspaajms120 on Feb 28th, 2019 at 00:40

Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Why the fuck did they have to remove back back 1+2? fuck!!

Why the fuck did they have to remove second 10hit string? fuck!! (yeah laugh at me because of this one)

And Kazuya's forward 1+2, 2?

And Lar's 1+2, 2/cancel?

FUCK!

Marduk is great in t7. I feel like his range has been reduced from tag2 regarding some specific moves, but being able to transition to the tackle throughout an increased number of moves really helps you wipe the floor with your opponent for good. I can't stop playing him.

See lotta folks using AK now compared to previous instalments lol. Still haven't foght against one single Marduk.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Ashesfall
Fighter
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
I can't stop playing him.

same

people better start to learn how to break his tackle or use jump tactics
(mash 1+2 in the moment he connects you - strict timing actually, i would guess 2 frames of a window)
the amount of tackle transitions really shows you how much craig the "beast" marduk is a true devastating grappler in tekken

to the topic - qcf1 is 18f and its bufferable so its always i18
his FCdf2 is -3 on block (cool animation - chop the head )

f1+2(15f), db2(16f) should also stand under punisheres because of the range, can punish deathfist (not max range tho)
also df3df1 as a 17f launcher (2 points more damage to uf1+2)
and for stagger block craig also has a delayed hopkick (ufn4, 25dmg, 23f)

"get your cameras ready, craig has arrived"
https://i.imgur.com/HQ0XMsG.png

Last edited by Ashesfall on Dec 6th, 2018 at 10:47

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
back back 1+2 was so nice against the wall. Why the heck did they have to remove it?

Also boys you know I don't give a damn about combos, but just try this simple one I came up with in a natural way. First off splat them face with some nice up-forward 1+2, then up-forward3, and finally down-back3,1,1. Then look dat damage.

Also some basic combo stuff like ff2,3; df,3,2; db3,1,1 will do some good damage, like 79 I think I saw it was.

sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall

to the topic - qcf1 is 18f and its bufferable so its always i18
his FCdf2 is -3 on block (cool animation - chop the head )

f1+2(15f), db2(16f) should also stand under punisheres because of the range, can punish deathfist (not max range tho)
also df3df1 as a 17f launcher (2 points more damage to uf1+2)
and for stagger block craig also has a delayed hopkick (ufn4, 25dmg, 23f)

Thanks, post updated!

Originally posted by Fernandito
back back 1+2 was so nice against the wall. Why the heck did they have to remove it?

Also boys you know I don't give a damn about combos, but just try this simple one I came up with in a natural way. First off splat them face with some nice up-forward 1+2, then up-forward3, and finally down-back3,1,1. Then look dat damage.

Also some basic combo stuff like ff2,3; df,3,2; db3,1,1 will do some good damage, like 79 I think I saw it was.

TBH Marduk doesn't really seem to need combos that much. With grab scaling, if you just do launch then immediately f,f+1+2, you get like 42 damage from the grab, which is only 7~13 damage less than his optimal staple combos
Signature

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduk don't need combos (you don't need them with any character anyway), but even I have become aware of how damaging his even most basic combos are. Just try those stupid and simple two I posted above, and have a good laugh while looking at the dmg.

Muphukka
#SENDAPUBLISHER
PSN: HERETIC
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have a hard date for the North American Season 2 release? It's time to bring the brute back up to speed.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Muphukka
Does anyone have a hard date for the North American Season 2 release? It's time to bring the brute back up to speed.

What platform do you play on?

I'm on PC in NA and I already have both AK and Marduk
Signature

feeqmatic
Shihan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
2 things

1- What do you guys do for closing distance. I get abused by Jins, Bears, Bryans and pretty much any character that has good intermediate/keep out tool. I some times poke with ff4 but it doesn't do much for me. ff2 is stubby, WR3's range is bad and I often wiff it and get launched, and f1+4 is slow and it's kind of all or nothing. I end up just being forced to be patient or waiting until someone steps in and takes innitiative and just trying to poke to take it back. Any advise on that.

2- when is the sight gonna get a Marduk section here?
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by feeqmatic
1- What do you guys do for closing distance. I get abused by Jins, Bears, Bryans and pretty much any character that has good intermediate/keep out tool. I some times poke with ff4 but it doesn't do much for me. ff2 is stubby, WR3's range is bad and I often wiff it and get launched, and f1+4 is slow and it's kind of all or nothing. I end up just being forced to be patient or waiting until someone steps in and takes innitiative and just trying to poke to take it back. Any advise on that.
just either b1+3/2+4. It's Marduks greatest tool, yet almost nobody uses it. I don't udnerstand why.

Df1 and db2 have very good properties now in exchange for a range nerf. Take this two into acount too.

Also, 1 1 1 1 1 1 ......, until you see he begins to crouch-punish with a classic crap wr2.., moment you can punish with the new glorious (properties) d,f4,2.

F3,2 is also a move I will never get tired of (loved it with Ogre too) for when your opponent gets up.

Remember you can go db3-4 (cancel 4) to tackle straight away now. Very dew will see it coming unless you abuse this.

BTW We have lost b,b1+2 *sigh*

Vargus
Champion
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sspaajms120
Note:requesting moderators to move the thread to Marduk sub-forum, when it is made.

The Craig Marduk 'Character Strategy & Combos' Section is open, Mods might want to move the first post of this thread there now.
Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
Vargus
Champion
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Since it has been a while and the thread hasn't moved, I moved the first post to a new thread in the 'Character Strategy & Combos > Craig Marduk' Thread. Just in case someone goes looking for it there

Its Located here.
Signature All negativity is the source of all EVIL, Live life like it was your last moment. Be optimistic at all times if possible and finally, learn to comunicate at the best of your ability.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!!!.
?
chewbacca
MAH NINGEN
PSN: Senshu573
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm high.

The character forums are alphabetically arranged.

I look at "M", I see no Marduk, I say welp, no one's movin' nuthin'.

I see you say there is one, there I "C" it now.

Facepalm. Moving this one.
Signature You Curry Shit Hey The Nah
ゆっくりしていってね!
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by chewbacca
Moving this one.

Thanks!
Signature

Canjack88
Kyu
PSN: Canjack88
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
tips

after db4 in clean, ivts df4 is guaranteed (has to be reaaally quick)
after f1+2 powercrush:
if istant stand up, back stand up or rolling on his leftside, df1 is guaranteed (even on the ground)

if lays down, throws or ground catchers

seems that ff34 is barely ch confirm
vts~vtsc ub1+2,ws3 seems to be the most safe/damaging middle option to mixup with other lows, and gives you ground game. vts~df1+2 has to be really close to be damaging (in clean) and dont give you ground options.
Microstep df1+2 works better than his sidestep, a lot of moves that marduk doesn t step regulary, can be stepped with it.
waiting for any share from you guys
cheers