Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
AstralHK
2nd Dan
PSN: DragonTearsHK
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys; I want to know what are the strongest teams with Dragunov. I want a team that has a high damage potential with consistent combos that I would be unlikely to drop due to execution. This thread could also be used to talk about making teams with Dragunov in general (ie. which partners go particularly well with Drag).
Signature The cheap guys
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Well what you are looking for in general in a drag-partner is a good 3hit wallfiller that ends with 60%, and a strong midscreen filler that lets him hit ff3 after df+2, f+4,4,3, f+1, ff2 B!.

EDIT: That being said, Leo is prob Drags best partner. That wallcombo is just too good.

Last edited by Bopper on Oct 9th, 2014 at 08:47

Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I typically partner Dragunov with either Heihachi or Paul (not as much as Hei). They go very well together and their wall combo is damaging and consistent.

TA! Hei: f+1,b+2,4, Drag: 3,1,2
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
cris4thewin
7th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
well bryan is probably the best one... they both have good wall combo, great synergy... bryan can qcb4 fb2~5 drag 3,1 f1 ff2 b! for exemple.

other partners that I found that are good for him are marduk, lee, leo, lars and steve
AstralHK
2nd Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Well what you are looking for in general in a drag-partner is a good 3hit wallfiller that ends with 60%, and a strong midscreen filler that lets him hit ff3 after df+2, f+4,4,3, f+1, ff2 B!.

EDIT: That being said, Leo is prob Drags best partner. That wallcombo is just too good.

Sorry, which wall combo are you talking about? I'm guessing u mean TA! (leo) f+4~df ws+1,4,1 (drag) b+2, ws+1+2

I've also considered heihachi and bryan, but honestly they are kinda hard to play
Signature The cheap guys
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Yep. That combo gives you 3 60% hits for huge damage. You can end with 3,1,2 for better recovery as well. i Guess Zafinas should work similary, but IIRC its less damage, and she has worse midscreen TAs.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
AstralHK
2nd Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks, I will have to try out leo/drag (which is good cuz I already main leo).

I also keep hearing about how drag/lars is a really strong team, but I honestly cant figure out consistent and reliable combos with them. Why is there so much hype around them? Is it just because of Nobi?
Signature The cheap guys
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
The combos are consistent and reliable but the team isn't "strong" in the normal sense. Sure Lars and Dragunov are independently (arguably) top-tier but their synergy isn't as great as with other characters. Wall combos with Lars are point are significantly stronger than Dragunov on point, open field Dragunov on point TA! combos are pretty lacklustre as well. When you break it down that way, you can see that the team excels with Lars on point for combos but there's situations (e.g. match-ups) where you're not going to want Lars on point and that's where the team fall short.
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
spuckuk
6th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Miguel gives you a midrange and wall filler with d/f+4,1,1

Fun team
Signature GT: Spuckuk