Harada's philosophy

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I think some folks here are a bit too quick to judge Season 2. It's been out for a few days and there are still 3 characters left to be revealed and I'd say it's safe to assume we'll get at least one new stage. Just give it a little bit of time.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
@ SSfox: It's not that I don't see your point. I understand you, man. Though not necessarily agree with you.

Harada and Team Tekken stuck with the arcade model all this time because they believed that characters were essential to the game, that Tekken was such a game that you couldn't afford to have disparity between users in terms of missing characters.

Things have obviously changed now. They no longer feel that they will diminish the playing experience by creating this disparity. Either that or they just don't care as long as they get their $$$.

Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
I think some folks here are a bit too quick to judge Season 2. It's been out for a few days and there are still 3 characters left to be revealed and I'd say it's safe to assume we'll get at least one new stage. Just give it a little bit of time.

I don't think anybody is judging S2 too quickly. Some minor customization shit, and 6 characters are all that's been advertised. And that's enough to judge it's value.

There's been no mention of a new stage so far, but it's a reasonable assumption that we'll get one, going by previous guest character stages. Of course, Namco could always screw our expectations by not putting in the stage, just like how they didn't put in character episodes for Lei and Anna... actually, just like T7 in general.

So, if we get anything more than advertised, it's gonna be a pleasant surprise.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
So, if we get anything more than advertised, it's gonna be a pleasant surprise.

That's exactly my point. We don't know what they'll be advertising for Season 2 in the future yet people are already tearing hair out of their heads and calling it shitty. It's just a classic case of people jumping to conclusions and judging an entire book by its cover.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding my breath for any super amazing content but I'd like to think that all the doors are open until otherwise confirmed. I'm guessing we'll have to wait until at least TGS for any further information and we'll probably get the next character announcement at the TWT Finals at the latest.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Keep in mind that T7 has so far been delivering less value than reasonably expected and making false statements.

But sure, let's give them the benefit of the doubt once more. I'm another hoping fool anyway. I'm not gonna give them the benefit of opening my wallet though.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
It's impossible to forget all the bullshit promises that they didn't make good on. Like I said, I'm not expecting miracles here but I think it's reasonable to give them one more chance, especially since I don't think anyone expected that we'd be getting 6 more characters.

Thing is, though, it's probably gonna take more than a few characters and customization items to win back the trust of those left disappointed by the game. Like, personally, I'm excited for Anna and Lei but they just aren't enough to make me open my wallet or keep me interested in the game. It just needs something more than what we're getting right now.
sheep 2.0
Virtuoso
PSN: sheepzaibatsu
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
People here seem to forget that Harada is only an employee of Bamco and not the one who has the final say on everything, including Tekken. Yeah, he's the head of the project, but he still has to follow orders from the higher-ups. If the brass at Namco say they want to charge money for the legacy characters, then Harada has no choice, but to follow their orders unless he wants to risk his job and get fired just to please a few fanboys.
Signature RIP Old Account (September 2006 - April 2012)

My Player Card
CHANG39
Expert
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
I have no problem with DLC characters even tho Harada did say he was against it (compared it to a game of chess), but if it means that we will get the characters that we want then sign me up.

With that said I haven't bought S2 pass and probably wont due to the fact that I have no clue of who are the other 3 characters that I may or may not want, also the fact that S2 still has a guest character is a deal breaker for me.

Pre-ordered season pass 1 and the only good thing to come out of it was the Howard Estate stage, had they showed that Noctis would be the last DLC character for S1 in the beginning the support for S1 would be a lot less.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sheep 2.0
People here seem to forget that Harada is only an employee of Bamco and not the one who has the final say on everything, including Tekken. Yeah, he's the head of the project, but he still has to follow orders from the higher-ups. If the brass at Namco say they want to charge money for the legacy characters, then Harada has no choice, but to follow their orders unless he wants to risk his job and get fired just to please a few fanboys.

But he shouldn't have sent out a tweet claiming legacy characters were going to be free when he obviously hadn't confirmed that with his superiors beforehand. Either that or the big bosses changed their minds about it later.

Originally posted by CHANG39
also the fact that S2 still has a guest character is a deal breaker for me.

Is there any actual confirmation or is this just your speculation?
M0B
War Lord
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Inb4 the other 3 characters are Alex, Roger and Roger Jr. each sold for $8
DG.PRO
Berserker
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
or maybe they turn out to be Mokujin, Tetsujin and Combot.
lightbeast
Legend
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
This game, man...history is not gonna smile upon it. So many baffling decisions since it was announced.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon

Is there any actual confirmation or is this just your speculation?

Negan from the Walking Dead.
Signature
DG.PRO
Berserker
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Instead of Negan they should have brought Ryo Hazuki instead. (Also Ryo Hazuki>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kazuma Kiryu)

Shenmue 3 uses Unreal Engine 4(The same Engine of Tekken 7) so porting him wouldn't be that hard.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PhineBuyM3
Negan from the Walking Dead.

Oops. Totally forgot he even existed.

Originally posted by lightbeast
This game, man...history is not gonna smile upon it. So many baffling decisions since it was announced.

Yeah, I'm getting the same vibes. Every time I boot up the game it just makes me wish they hadn't ever made it.