Sick of Bob

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Master_Baihu
Lone Wolf
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
My King seems painfully weak against Bob and basically I keep getting locked down and destroyed by the fat shit. Any tips?
Signature "Stay calm and concentrate only on your mind...That is the state of a clear mind... like a polished mirror". Lishao Tao - Shenmue II
Zaibatsu Dragon
Jersey Gamer
PSN: Plissken_81X
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not too big on using King, but Bob is pretty easy for me when I use Heihachi and Nina.
Signature Originally posted by fahad2
Most consumable western media is racist these days! The white man always saves the planet.
Now if it was Zaibatsu Dragon saving the planet, that would be tight! I'd give him all the Sand girls in his harem that I'd make the rest of the races build!
Twitter Man God Thread YouTube
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
The matchup is in Bob's favor. He's one of those characters I've had difficulties against, due to my lack of knowledge about the character and how to wake up properly and stuff. Im still working on it.
My main advice from my humble experience would be learning him, not 100% but make sure he doesn't get away with stuff like:

- his strings (ex: b+2,2.. duck the 2nd 2 and punish)..
- punish his unsafe launchers.
- oki set ups. ss1+2 setups as well.
- in open field you can freely rollback if you get hit by his hellsweep.
- be ready to break his grab launcher as well as the one that wallsplats (FC d,df,d,df1+2).
- up close, step right, (his weekest side being his left).
- from range head left and look out for cd2
- grab/poke him a lot of course and apply pressure smartly.
- he can't launch punish until -20 from standing.

You can also check out IronLobster's anti-Bob strats here

Here is a good video of a King vs Bob match
King vs Bob
Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
Master_Baihu
Lone Wolf
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks Jaguar, appreciated. That b2,2 spam! I try to duck and get the 4 extension to the face, I stand still and get db3+4, so annoying!
Signature "Stay calm and concentrate only on your mind...That is the state of a clear mind... like a polished mirror". Lishao Tao - Shenmue II
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually, Bob is easy to deal with as long as you which punishes which. I'm saying easy in a sense that everything is standard punishment, unlike Xiao, Zaf or Capos.

Remember he got alot of strings that are either duckable or punishable, and his launchers are launch punishable. Once you are punishing him, his options suddenly gets limited and risky.
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
StarSaber
Banned By Mod
PSN: PM me
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jaguar94
- he can't launch punish until -20 from standing.

He launches at -18 with his db+1+2.

like I said in some other thread... d+3+4,2 risk/reward suddenly turns in King's favor when you have Bob's back against the wall.
Not to go crazy on it, but you might try once in a while

yeah I think Bob isn't very hard of a matchup generally it's all about waiting for him and punishing accordingly. I don't think his hopkick is launch punishable tho.
Signature Originally posted by Nyrepose
I think it's okay. For the first two years I've been playing, throws were essentially 12 frame unblockables
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thing is, Death, how much are you going to punish a good Bob? The only things that are punishable, aside from his lows which everyone's lows are punishable to an extent, that a Bob player will use is:
b,f+1 (-11)
WS 2,1 (-16)
And CD+2 (-20; mostly only used to punish raw tag so if they mess up it's free)
Other than that, everything else is safe. d+1 is safe (but -9 on block so TAKE CHARGE), df+1 is safe (and he's got an extension to stop your buttons afterwards) b+2 by itself is safe, df+2 is safe, jabs are safe. A YOLO, stringy Bob for sure gets fucked up if he strings a lot and you punish him, but other than that, he's safe, well except for his lows which a couple of his key lows (db+3+4 series and his hellsweep - or phatsweep as I like to call it).

Bob's a faggot character against King because unless you can WD with King, his jab keepout is annoying as fuck to get around with King. You just need to fuck a lot with the spacing against Bob; letting him get comfortable in any range will lead to your downfall. Of course if the Bob is using a lot of strings this advice goes out the window, and just run up and punish the strings for wins and hatemail. But if you're playing against serious Phat Boyz, it's going to be rough.

BTW Bob hopkick is -13 just like every other standard hopkick.

PS: Death find me some King/Ganny combos pls. Might play him as a fun character again, so we can talk moar King strats.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Thing is, Death, how much are you going to punish a good Bob? The only things that are punishable, aside from his lows which everyone's lows are punishable to an extent, that a Bob player will use is:
b,f+1 (-11)
WS 2,1 (-16)
And CD+2 (-20; mostly only used to punish raw tag so if they mess up it's free)
Other than that, everything else is safe. d+1 is safe (but -9 on block so TAKE CHARGE), df+1 is safe (and he's got an extension to stop your buttons afterwards) b+2 by itself is safe, df+2 is safe, jabs are safe. A YOLO, stringy Bob for sure gets fucked up if he strings a lot and you punish him, but other than that, he's safe, well except for his lows which a couple of his key lows (db+3+4 series and his hellsweep - or phatsweep as I like to call it).

Bob's a faggot character against King because unless you can WD with King, his jab keepout is annoying as fuck to get around with King. You just need to fuck a lot with the spacing against Bob; letting him get comfortable in any range will lead to your downfall. Of course if the Bob is using a lot of strings this advice goes out the window, and just run up and punish the strings for wins and hatemail. But if you're playing against serious Phat Boyz, it's going to be rough.

BTW Bob hopkick is -13 just like every other standard hopkick.

PS: Death find me some King/Ganny combos pls. Might play him as a fun character again, so we can talk moar King strats.

Nothing of those really matter actually, unless you plan to go toe to toe, which is not what King is.

Yes you are right, you don't want a Bob player to be comfortable, and actually it's easy to do that with King at far range because of his tools. The problem is, most of those tools aren't the BnB tools that King players teach. (And no, I'm not even talking about King WD)

Example, uf+3. It looks like just another mid in the sea of mids, but it is actually a great move at far range, being a fast mid that makes me grounded. I'm gonna bust out that move every time he tries to backlash, forward dash, attack or just plain twitch at dash range. In Bob's case, dude cannot do his regular pressure if he's even gonna get hit from range he can't even reach. Next, his SS 2+4~b and SS 3+4... another underrated moves that shines on dash range, which pretty much exposes any linear attacks you do, no matter who you are. Using those moves along with df+3, df+4, f+1+2, ff+1 and cd+1 partnered by good movement, will make Bob players frustrated trying to chase you, forcing them to do their wavedash options, which are rewarding but equally risky, which I am happy to take.

What made me realize is King is designed to be a leverage character. The goal is to use his wide variety of moves to make people feel like they are screwed no matter where they are. Makes sense since he's a grappler. But it's easier said than done...

Also, patience my man... I gotta learn Ganryu first...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?