TTT History: What every man should know!

Page Splits <12345>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Lucid_Nightmare
Destroyer
PSN: Seikuken
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT was my favorite Tekken game of the series, I loved playing it in the arcade in the mall when I was younger!

I also remember being pretty bummed out when I bought the game for our old PS2 a couple years back and it didn't work. lol

However, we now have a "flip-top" PS2 and it should be able to play TTT if I can find it again...
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
JOP and his jacks

yay for Grim Walker for ttt mod!
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Heihachi_S?ufer
Warrior
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
a ttt-tourney would be great
ttt still is best tekken !!!
many people play it...
so if there is someone up to organize a tournament it would be delicious!!!!
Signature If only i try, to take a guess,
to be best, a feeling i hide,
that runs this world, that keeps us alive
jin11
Blue Circles
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
JOP and his jacks

Can I get TTT mod?

I love this game and forum!!
Grim Walker
... wtf ...
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
JOP and his jacks

LOL

Jop and his jacks, and even his paul I put down more to player ability than I do character ability. I'm in the firm belief that you could have given him just about anyone and he'd outclass most with simple basics and spacing. And so are tekken legends.

As for being a TTT mod ... I suppose it'd give me something to do while I search for new jobs ... I swear getting a greencard / visa is harder than fighting Isku with Wang.
Signature GW - I'm not scary. Just miss informed.
jin11
Blue Circles
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
JOP had some of the best defense + offense balance in Tag days. I remember people could not get around Ogre's oki bullshit he used to do, but when foreigners like Ryan came around during EC3, his defense was sharp enough to withstand Mishimas.

I think as he progressed more and more people learned nits and picks, and eventually competition became more tough. But he was the prime leader when it mattered imo.
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Grim Walker
outclass most with simple basics and spacing.

bronson tran has beaten me with kunimitsu.

damn good.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
TeKy
tranceaddict
PSN: teky-1
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QDogg
The Mandarian - What's up man? Wow, you're still an addict for this game-that's great. I know I don't go out seeking TTT games but I'm always up to play if others are playing. TTT is like Super Turbo of the Tekken series. You don't see a lot of players of today going back to play it though, but I can understand why. Overall, it's still a great game and probably the peak of Tekken in the USA, IMO.

lets play then foo~!! yayaya ;] they need some internet TTT action dayUm..

why dont they just make a TTT2 .. you know they will .. i mean cmon now , this is how i would look @ it .. t1 t2 t3 TTT t4 t5 t6 TTT2... why not?
Signature tekken tag online please...

seriously. tekken tag online .. like wat da fk
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
PSN: DOCTOR-PHILLIP
XBL: PS4 IS WAY BETTER
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Good ass thread Jin11 and for the record I voted for you as a mod for these forums !

TTT is and has been my fav tekken and I have some of the most memorable moments and time periods , that have yet to be replacated! I remeber seeing my 1st set of serious ttt tournies on the net via 56k modem download

it was the "BUSAN SOLOMON TOURNY SPECIAL" man seeing the bruse's , puals, ogres , jins do some crazy stuff wat da gasp , call my friend on the phone , yo u got 2 come over here n see this ish right naaaaaaaaow!

JANG IKSU this is not fanboyism its recognizing stellar skill ....

Mad yoshi, suwon , park yong , juno lee , dohee, mainstreet ryu using "Devil, Ogre" zekusu , jun jahgae, freebaek wrong spellin sry and many more !

Hey AC I used to be in awe of the matches of u guyz to with sircanelot , sackey ryan , shinjin , and sum 1 wanted to know who beat Ryan with julia/ling it was "wonder boy" I have that match on my archive ttt cd's here sum where lol!

Watching Conk, Slips, Tommy, Jop "Iplayed vs him n a ttt pairplay b4 in a tourny here in boston " grrr lets say brutality and no time for friendship.

Mr wizard's Ganny , Tony-T , Snap, Dayful and ILuvmomo strategyguide reading which I still have right her within arms length!

Sneaking out of bed to practice some anti strat vs some 1 that may have beaten u earlier !

Playin vs The Mandarin and whooping him only to see him get better than myself n returning the favor nor grrrrr!

TTT was about skill that payed ya for practicing hard no ez way out like now !

ODV out!

Figred I would edit my post and add my 2 cents that I posted awhile now but still 1 of my most thoughtful provacative post imo towards my passion for TTT ok here goes!

Can I be considered to be O.G .....?

I love ttt , actually TTT is what made tekken popular and actually competitive, even though i been playin since t1 ! Tag is where I actually made a name for myself!

Back in them days ttt made TZ the MYSPACE for tekken players, now them were the days when TZ was my defualt internet sign on page!!!!!

Yea I dabble n the new scene of t5 and t5dr but , I can say I must be ole school cuz all I keep singing in my head is "JOHN LENNON'S" song "YESTERDAY" !

TTT was yesterday , many would say so , many would come here n say yo ODV ur living in the past , or y dont u get over it ttt is dead !!!!!

All I have to say to u nay sayers is " u can't build a strong sturdy house from a weak FOUNDATION "!

TTT has and had all the elements of a house with a good FOUNDATION

Like a child growing up with good values that were passed on from a wise parent , that child has a good FOUNDATION

TTT is what united us all here on this site we love so much , and like the ole folks say divided we are weak and united we r strong , thats a good FOUNDATION

T1 was the 1st building block, or corner stone, T2 was the stone that was laid upon that stone, T3 was the reinforcement steel that was laid to coexist and strenghten the previous bricks!

TTT was the final touch to that..... FOUNDATION , "oh was it solid".... , so said many a engineers , they admired their work with such intricate detail that would be marveled upon even when they are long gone n 4 gotten as they all patted eachother and said "man that is 1 hell of a FOUNDATION !

Now they must move on to building the frame work and the shape of what this foundation has to support and the quickly rushed out T4 cuz they had deadlines to meet, and they had no more free time on their hands to stop, and admire their own work!

This resulted in no time to feel a sense of pride ........ T4 was that crack building to be condemned with many fualty flaws moreso than previous incarnations...........Blehhhhhh this building still passed inspections despite the what they new was wrong it slipped thru and was infested by the fiends!

T5 was the ventilation system that was installed , and yes fresh air was circulated that it made everyone there all nice n comfy , but lil did they know of the building superintendant "S N B" who was to puposely plant asbestos in thse same air vents that made ppl happy soon made them sick! ewwwwwwwww they had to demolish that building framework down to its FOUNDATION

T5 DR was this new experimental polymer that was said to improve on the existing FOUNDATION "ttt" and yes by golly it did show signs of improvement and still do but alasthe egineers still in their haste to meet company deadlines , never had a chance when the building had to be torn down ..........

They never stood still to admire the work they did when they took pride in it that ole so firm n sturdy .........say it with me readers "FOUNDATION"

TTT= SOLID FOUNDATION WITH FLAWS BUT LIKE MONA LISA IT WAS A MASTERPIECE WITH FLAWS!!!!!!!! I had to let my rant out!

So flame me u new schoolers yall dont know how good those days were .........period !

ODV out!

btw how do I get to use Jinpachi .........?

Last edited by ONEDEADLYVENOM on Jan 19th, 2008 at 16:11

Signature God Bless You, and know that he loves you as you are, give him the praise that he deserves, with each day that you breathe say Thank you Jesus.....
I Love You..! " IF U WANT WHITE PSP FOR $50 DOLLARS EACH HOLLA AT YOR BOY, I got the hook up !" Dude Walked In On Me , N Saw My Gf n I ... No Comment
My PSP TEKKEN THEME_Joint Effort_Many Contributors
My You Tube Vids....
POP...DUCK...N DROP IT! My Gameboot Cintro Thread
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Congrats ODV You're a great guy and I def had some awesome times playing TTT! You got the right idea about THE FOUNDATION so don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
Are you busy next Friday or Saturday? (25th, 26th) I'm going to try to organize a Tag session. Maybe, Animal, Wangishard, Sinjin, Techken, Danny...If we even can get one or two people over it could be great...Get some pairplay too!
I know people are super busy these days but I'm gonna try to get something going.
Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
mandarin I just watched our evo matches again:
First off I just need to dewgf consistently.
second off I found a way through your bryan with hwoarang. damnit if only I thought of it before.

TTT is the best I want to play it nao!
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
DayFul
Mad axe man
PSN: DayFul
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ONEDEADLYVENOM

Mr wizard's Ganny , Tony-T , Snap, Dayful and ILuvmomo strategyguide reading which I still have right her within arms length!

I hate that FAQ i should have waited a couple more years until I was actualy good at the game, At one point I considered giving it a major overhaul but there wasn't enough interest. T still have a 5" thick A4 binder with FAQ's/strat threads printed out on them going in to practice mode with that thing was fun.

But I totaly agree with what made TTT so good the balance wasn't perfect but the game engine was rock solid. I had the privalage of watching and playing some very very good players, Good times

Grim Walker
... wtf ...
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Dayful: Over the period of 2 years, any faq written properly for the time or not. By an excellent and very skille player or a total idiot. Would have needed an overhaul. Theres simply too much information to gather in one faq for most characters and without going into ludacris detail, FAQ's at the time weren't half as good as the community that was always willing to step up and offer solid, helpful and technical information.

Last edited by Grim Walker on Jan 20th, 2008 at 20:18

Signature GW - I'm not scary. Just miss informed.
DayFul
Mad axe man
PSN: DayFul
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea it's just that in hindsights it's pretty weak but the forums where 100x better as you said.
Catfish
Serious Business.
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Man... I still play TTT a few times a week because there's minimal DR comp in our arcade atm because everyone's waiting for T6... whereas TTT, there's a line of steady cheap koreans to beat haha...

Wish I could cap some vids of my TTT matches, most of them are usually quite entertaining to watch
Signature Originally posted by Johnnay
agreed yiggs is a cool, interesting xiaoyu person with a good knowledge of her BTW

Tekken: Serious Business -=TSB=-
Australian Tekken
TheMandarin
Mammoth
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
mandarin I just watched our evo matches again:
First off I just need to dewgf consistently.
second off I found a way through your bryan with hwoarang. damnit if only I thought of it before.

TTT is the best I want to play it nao!

Yeah man, that would be great. My Bryan gets scrubby sometimes, so I'm always looking for ways to develop a more balanced playstyle with him.. I started playing Bryan seriously kind of recently, this summer I guess... just because his chemistry with Jin is so good.

But I still say bring it on

I wish I could travel more, but because of school I probably won't be coming out there until EVO. I know you're in grad school as well so you're probably real busy too.

If you feel like telling me the big secret, I'd be glad to hear it.....

Last edited by TheMandarin on Jan 20th, 2008 at 22:50

AC
Iron Fist God
PSN: BitchesPussyHoes
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
yo catfish do it plz .. cap your TTT matches Jin11 always told me how much of a beast you were , " catfish best mishima player ever " try to cap some plz always like watching good ttt
Signature O_o 2.15 10 wavedashes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsjSkKvRnvw

Wavedash Magic 7.46 ?????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnmRLz8CaCU
TheMandarin
Mammoth
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Carfish, if you need someone to cap your vids, you can mail me a tape and I'll do a bunch.
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Catfish
Man... I still play TTT a few times a week because there's minimal DR comp in our arcade atm because everyone's waiting for T6... whereas TTT, there's a line of steady cheap koreans to beat haha...

Wish I could cap some vids of my TTT matches, most of them are usually quite entertaining to watch

You should of capped your ft5 against nick! WHY DIDN'T YOU?!?
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
TeKy
tranceaddict
PSN: teky-1
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheMandarin
Congrats ODV You're a great guy and I def had some awesome times playing TTT! You got the right idea about THE FOUNDATION so don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
Are you busy next Friday or Saturday? (25th, 26th) I'm going to try to organize a Tag session. Maybe, Animal, Wangishard, Sinjin, Techken, Danny...If we even can get one or two people over it could be great...Get some pairplay too!
I know people are super busy these days but I'm gonna try to get something going.

damn sinjin havent heard that name in awhile ! ahhh good times.. we used to have tournaments @ 8 on the break in NJ the smallest town in NJ but somehow every weekly we would manage to get regulary 30 .. and if it was a great turnout like 60 and im talkin weeklies lol~ be leaving the arcade @ 4 am , such good times , where philly would come by , NYC , deleware , boston , virginia would come up every now and then SFE ! ahh so fun! i miss that.. and everyone would be so into the game kinda like the marvel vs capcom 2 scene in the tri state area.. o well... hopefully TTT2 will come out if it doesnt after t6 im done with tekken ;B
Signature tekken tag online please...

seriously. tekken tag online .. like wat da fk