Ogre Strategy, Setups, Oki etc

Page Splits 1...<456
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
grumpy64
War Lord
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is another tc set up horns,ufn4,32,db1,ff+3. Then do a small back dash. The back dash will cause the tc to whiff at which point u can hit them with u+4. Just be sure to wait a little so u catch them in a standing state and get a full rejuggle . I,ve tried the same set up with horns and ufn4 and so far I can't get them to work

OK just spent a few more minutes in the lab and u can be to make the tc whiff and get a full ub3 juggle.

Last edited by grumpy64 on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 15:22

grumpy64
War Lord
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi again fellow ogre players u can improve the above setup by ending with dash,iws 12 it does 1 extra damage point and it's a little easier for ogre to dodge the tc also if u want to get perfect spacing to land horns use fc,df2 as your ender but I would only do this if u think they really need to tc as the OKi options suck. U are saying I'll trade my right for oki in order to take away your ability to tc or at least make it so that a tc will cost a heavy price.

Oh and he actually does have good OK I versus a quick recovery from this combo

Another edit

If you end the combo with bb43,db1 they can't tech and it leaves them at perfect spacing to make a tc whiff in your face. The main drawback is it makes back rolls unreactable

Last edited by grumpy64 on Jun 7th, 2014 at 00:19

yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Are u using ff1+2 unblockable at all? I think its a solid move to use some times. Its not abusable tho. Once in a while. After tech roll its quite good cause they dont have the time to think/react that much. After a hit db4, db3, d44 (the second hit can be teched), d3 is guaranteed. If they backroll, pick them upnwit 32 or db1 into a bound. I like to use uf4 as a oki tool since it hits grounded opponent and on block its awesome. U can bait tag crash and launch punish them using ub (ogre jumps back) and punish them with ws2.

Does ogre get anything from his 1 throw if the opponent is using tag crash? Its almost impossible to ss or jump back to use jumping back ws 2 trick (^). Oki from 1 throw is really really good if they do not use tag crush.
grumpy64
War Lord
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yoloswag
Are u using ff1+2 unblockable at all? I think its a solid move to use some times. Its not abusable tho. Once in a while. After tech roll its quite good cause they dont have the time to think/react that much. After a hit db4, db3, d44 (the second hit can be teched), d3 is guaranteed. If they backroll, pick them upnwit 32 or db1 into a bound. I like to use uf4 as a oki tool since it hits grounded opponent and on block its awesome. U can bait tag crash and launch punish them using ub (ogre jumps back) and punish them with ws2.
I think they can tech and Ss his UB ?

Does ogre get anything from his 1 throw if the opponent is using tag crash? Its almost impossible to ss or jump back to use jumping back ws 2 trick (^). Oki from 1 throw is really really good if they do not use tag crush.

I think they can tech and ss his ub
grumpy64
War Lord
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh if u know how to do combos off of it his best anti tc move may very well be his fire breath