Page Splits 1...<345
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
D/b+1 can often by the key for maximising Wang's damage output in TA combos as it hits hard and allows for an easy followup afters due to its quick recovery, depends on your partner though.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
So its only useful in general as a wall TA combo tool?
and with certain partners as a mid screen TA filler,
time to hit the lab...
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
If you bound at the wall with SSL 1+2 (has to be SSL afaik) then you can do this solo juggle:

w! SSL 1+2 B! d/b+1, qcf+2

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
Cornwallace
Champion
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I had a feeling this didn't work, but just tested it and it definitely does

Here are some examples of d/b+1 in TA juggles:
Wang: u/f+4, 1+2 TA! Yoshi: f+3,4 Wang: ff, d/b+1, ff+2, b+3,4 = 96
Wang: qcf+2 W! bb, 3, re-W! 1+2 TA! Yoshi: 4~3 Wang: d/b+4,2 re-W! d/b+1, qcf+2 = 126

Last edited by Cornwallace on Dec 10th, 2013 at 08:43

sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
i tried out some stuff and yeah it is only useful as a combo filler
wang w! b,b 3 1+2 TA Jin f+4,F,df,b,db+223 wang dash db+1_b+2,1 DF(landed this combo only once in practiCe mode after trying for an hour,not advisable for real matches)
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
Cornwallace
Champion
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
Some underused moves I've been enjoying around d/f+3+4, d+1+2 and ws+2,2,2

d/f+3+4 is a great anti-pressure tool to use against Mishimas that like to wavedash at you. It crushes very well so you don't have to worry about electrics, and covers a huge distance. It's safe and often gives + frames on block.

d+1+2 has some weird crush properties. Crushes highs well, and can crush some mids too. Set up two Wangs in practice mode and make the AI do d+1+2. Do your own d+1+2 directly afterwards and you'll make theirs whiff. Very odd. Can be difficult to punish at max range, making it a good option for whiff punishing if you're a bit tentative about df+2,1.

d+2,2,2 does very heavy damage, and is useful for piling FC pressure over and over (similarly to doing u/f+3 from FC) as it recovers in FC on the last 2 hits. This, combined fact that each hit can be delayed can be very annoying for your opponent, sometimes inducing a hopkick. Note that if you go through with the last hit without delaying it and they hopkick, you'll score a CH for a full combo even if the second hit is blocked. Though it's not normally advisable to go through with the full string. Also, if you can end your wall TA combos with this, you get a nice FC 50/50 where BnA and ws+1,1 catch techrolls in either direction.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Is use ws222 in the way you mention, rely on it a lot. It's also my standard wall TA! filler because it's his most damaging option there. You can mess with opponents minds in your FC game.
Signature s3: