Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tofma
What the fuck? Was FC d/f+2 i14 in BR already or is this new?

EDIT:Hmm..Ina says i14~15 for BR. ALways thought it was i15 back then. Damn I feel retarded now.
This is new to me too. Are you sure and was this known by other Ganny players?
Signature s3:
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tofma
Same way you don't really see moves like Drag ff3 or AK df1+2 hit against great players. Too slow.

Lol nah. I just think that you may not place the move well. It's definitely not as slow as AK's d/f+1+2, which AK players do connect with often and is very useable. Actually, u/f+2 isn't "slow" at all for it's usage purposes.

U/f+2 was one of my most used moves in BR. Against top players or whoever. You can anticipate when people step, whether in certain situations after certain moves, or definitely against the wall. The TTT2 version, you can even commit to the LAUNCH PUNISHABLE extension sometimes if you have decent anticipation.

Move was definitely top 10 in BR. First time I ever heard someone say they couldn't use it or even brought up it not connecting at all since.....it's crazy safe on block. Like...really stupid safe. "Possible mixup afterwards" safe, most times...
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
This is new to me too. Are you sure and was this known by other Ganny players?

It punishes Bryans qcb3 and Bruce cd3. Try it out.

I lost my BR copy somewhere though. So I cant test if it's new.

Last edited by Tofma on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 09:14

Signature
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
You're right, it's definitely i14! Juggling afterwards is a bitch though. In the early consolebuild it was so easy to juggle and now I have to try several times before connecting once.
Signature s3:
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
I never understood why they made you have to crack dash just to get the combo. Plus the hitbox on the sitdown launch is so jacked that you have to barely touch them for the pick up, because you'll whiff completely if in too deep. I was really hoping they'd changed it in TTT2. Was one of the first things I checked lol. Would've be GREAT if it launched like DJ's ws+2.

In this game, for the combos I'm doing, I often b! early unless for carry. So I just b+4,1 after FC d/f+2.
epsilon_
Champion
XBL: HelpfulJaysimon
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
its pretty damn hard to juggle off fc df2 consistently...

it's a good move but i dont think it'd be broken if the combo was easier lol.
Rain of Death
Raijin
PSN: DaLaziGamer
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by epsilon_
its pretty damn hard to juggle off fc df2 consistently...

it's a good move but i dont think it'd be broken if the combo was easier lol.

Yeah, I like how WC df+2 can launch without a counter hit but damn that juggle is so hard to land. Which do you's think is better as a juggle starter, ff, b+2,1 or ff, df+1,4,1? I'm only like 10% accurate with land either of them.
Signature "Oh how sweet it is!"
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
I think b+2,1 is easier. FC,d/f+2 hitting on the tip is very hard to get the followup, but if you hit it from normal-close range the dash b+2,1 isn't too hard. I don't execute it 100% but on days that I'm on point I could do the combo consistently.
Also, does f+3+4 hit after fc,d/f+2? Would be nice to have an easy option to finish off opponent's last chunk of life.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
It does.
Signature s3:
epsilon_
Champion
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
ok i figured out how to combo off of fc df2 consistently.

its all in how you dash. you dont quite dash immediately, you dash as they kinda reel back from the pop.

watch a few saint videos and look closely at WHEN he dashes.

it's still fuckupable but you will get it much more consistently if u dash to meet them on the reel back and not earlier.
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Ampreded: I was doing f+3+4 in T6 after FC df+2 sometimes. Yea it still works here but I need that full combo. D/f+4,1,2 also works for lazy mode. Basically you can pickup with a number of things: 1; b+2,1; b+4,1; df+1,4,1; d/f+4,1 (in T6); etc. I use dash b+4,1 now because I can get max with my team off that, also because it has that special range that makes the combo more comfy to me.

By now, all of you should know that it's not about dashing in deep. You have to hit the tip of their hitbox, within certain frames. And you have to learn the moment when you recover after the launch to start dashing immediately after that for best success. It's definitely one of the more "robotic" things in the game.

@ epsilon_: I feel you, but how you dash is still dependant on the distance where you smacked them. Whether you were in deep or mid range. Which makes the muscle memory aspect not as strong. I think it's still more visual than anything but for certain punishes, it is possible to rely on timing everytime, like you said. Overall, it's not "hard", just more iffy than it has to be. Hell, there's some days where I connect the pickup 100%. And others where I intentionally try to connect with move multiple times on certain tvs just to see how I need to dash for pickup. It is an integral move for punishment and adds to his FC game. But I still don't use it as much as I need to, because of these reasons.

Zaf is my other chara and her version of this is connecting pickup from her f+3 launcher(Sweet Chin Music). It was the hardest thing to some people because you have to hold back after the launcher connects to cancel out of SCR stance. THEN dash to hit pickup. The scrub way is to not cancel out and just hold f+3+4 to instantly b! and get a meager combo. But even that misses at times. Anyway what I'm saying is that I hit 107 dmg wall-less now off that with Zaf/Gan, 98% of the time now. But I still don't trust Ganny's FC df+2 which, on paper, should be easier lol.

Going to be straight WS+2s and WS+1+2s this weekend at MLG. If I fuck around with FC d/f+2, it's going to be approaching wall where I can just d/f+4,1,2 for carry and high splat.
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
tested it, f+3+4 after fc,d/f+2 whiffs on max/near max range pfff
but thank you for b+4,1 info. I didn't know that work after fc,d/f+2. That's also good for maximizing damage with my Ganny's partners
epsilon_
Champion
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah flymikey, i play against a feng often and some of his most annoying lows are -14 (qcf 1 and db 3) so you really have to be on point to punish those. it's def harder than it should be (and then you have to crouch cancel right after lol)...you def have to be very focused to punish -14 things (especially if they have short blockstun)...
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
Played some BR yesterday on my PSP again. Man, df41 was great. I do understand we can do without though (if we absolutely have to). df1 is a faster mid and has a followup and for i14 punishment we have f1+2 (or even ff1+2).
uf2 knocking down with guaranteed 1+2 was so good but I can also understand that choice.

What I really don't get is why they took out uf3, 1+2 and consistency on assrape, f3+4. No clue why the hell they had to do that. If uf3 hits you deserve an extra hit. And nothing free on assrape is just weird.

On the good side, juggling in BR was so boring. Stuff like df1+2,1, b41 didn't even hit.
Signature s3:
gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
What hurts the most to me is the change of his unblockable animation. db1+2. It used to under a lot of stuff. Not a huge change I know but it was great to win like that.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
And don't forget it's not a head butt anymore, thus reversible...
Signature s3:
gettingfood
Raijin
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
Ya, it's weird that it can be punch parried. Why? I feel that is unwarnted.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo totally db+1+2 being a headbutt and thus not being reversible was clearly broken!

You got to have such a mentality against such nerfs, and just get your mind away from them, and play your characters with what they got right now. I was sad when they made ff+1+2 high instead of mid, but now I think it's Ganny's electric (speaking of electric, they totally need to have an option in which he yells "DORYAH!" every time you do that move; maybe add it if he's got the Devil Ganryu custom IDK); 1+2 oki nerf was saddening too, but now it's fun in its current form and super dumb in it's older form to me.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
I know budding, it was a trip down BR lane...
Signature s3:
gettingfood
Raijin
#180 “Quote” Edit Post
Ya just felt like complaining. Just both by characters unblockables were toned down to nearly useless. It iterated me at first. But I've furthered out uses for his and others.