Why is Jack-6 a good partner for everyone?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Heard someone say that Jack-6 is the best partner. Is that true? Why/why not?
EDIT: I don't know if this belongs here or in the general discussions one.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Gemini Knight
Iron Fist God
PSN: Gemini_Knight05
XBL: To Be Announced....
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
His U+1+2 during tag assault is one of the best moves to use. Just about any character can either go for big damage, or go for the wall carry into bigger damage.

His offense in general forces opponents to deal with the left ankle abuse, and ducking at the wrong time leads to better damage for Jack.

Jack's juggles are simple, yet do some good damage, and set up running oki. On wall stages, Jack has the juggling abilities to carry characters to the wall.
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
IMO u+1+2 isn't as great as initially though. It does crap damage, there are a lot of 1 hit moves that do way more damage and have enough popup to land strong attacks after. u+1+2 is more useful at the wall though, since it gives a popup intead of a splat.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
IMO u+1+2 isn't as great as initially though. It does crap damage, there are a lot of 1 hit moves that do way more damage and have enough popup to land strong attacks after. u+1+2 is more useful at the wall though, since it gives a popup intead of a splat.

Agreed. u+1+2 does 9 points in a juggle. If his partner follows with a generic U/F,4 (the best option available to most chars), that only adds 10 more onto it, making it 19 for the de facto TA, and you're back to continuing the juggle with J's partner - usually from a not-very-useful position.

What makes Jack a good partner are some other factors:

- He's got ten tag launchers (ws+1, d+1+2, f,f+2, f,f+1+2, hcf+2, hcf~d/f+1, d/f,d/f+2+4, (d/b+1+2),1+2 (which is NCC), (1+2),1+2, and ss+1 - eleven if you want to count f,f+2* as its own launcher). Some of them aren't terribly practical in many situations, of course, but any of them could be useful in the right situation - especially when fighting a team (which would allow you to sneak some of these in during you're opponent's tag).
- f+3(CH) can be a de facto tag launcher for many chars that have low pick-up strings. For example: Jack -> Bruce: f+3(CH), 5, d+3,4,f+1(B!)... counts as a tag juggle. It can be hard to set this up, of course, but the payoff is nice.
- 1+2,1+2 is decent TA filler with the right partner, but should be done no later in a juggle than B!@3 (B! on third hit of juggle). While it is 21 by itself - and there are other characters that can do more than this in TA's - it allows the lead char to sneak in a quick attack before Jack's third attack of the string. It is especially good in WB! TAs
- He can come in on a tag launcher and juggle for another 61 points of damage in almost any situation (f+4, f,f+1, f,f,f+4, b+3,2,2)
- The first two hits of the string immediately above already do 28 points by themselves, meaning you can bring your partner back in for a TA and really crank up the damage.
- For many characters, (tag launcher~5), f,f+1+2~5, (original character continues juggle, but now as TC) works just fine.
- D/F+2,1,d/f+2_ws,f+1,2,d/f+1 - Either of these on CH sets up massive damage with a good TA. The second string, with Bruce as a partner, can yield 130 points of damage - more if walls are involved.
- Jack has a decent number of moves that allow him to tag out relatively safely post-hit, if he needs to.
- There are more reasons, but I'll leave it at that, for now.

Last edited by aviax on Sep 13th, 2012 at 03:55

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
HOLY FRICKIN' I DON'T EVEN.
Wow. Seems like Jack 6 will finally get the love he deserves.
Or at least some bandwagoning.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
f,f+2~5 is a great popup move to use to hws!, especially if you have a partner with a strong wall game.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
*prays we get "like" buttons sometime soon*

Anybody think Alisa/Jack would work as a good team?
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess so. Don't they have a special tag assault or something of the like? Maybe a tag throw? IDK.
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
PSN: SlayersliceNL
XBL: Slayerslice
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I played some ranked online already #2 Jack on hi-scores lol, I was #1 on T6 Xbl leaderboards.
Kazuya/Jack is so good, Jack gets rage early and he does mad damage in rage..
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Jack to Alisa u/f+1+2~5

Alisa to Jack I think is 1+3~5.

Both are pretty tight.

[sdtekken.com]
Roujin
1st Dan
XBL: MM Jeremy Wade
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I mained Jack back in T6 so he's on the team anyway, but one other reason why he is a good parter in TTT2 aside from his insane number of taggable launchers and his super handy u1+2 default is that when he's under Netsu his damage output is hilarious. I swear if you land f1,2,2 it's almost 50% health on it's own.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
HOLY RAIJIN ON POT! What the heck!
Yeah, what can you expect from a robot with 30" pythons lol. I'm surprised no one mentioned his death juggle though, with f+4~1. You can always dream of landing it on Knee or Nin in the last round of the World Tekken Championships, when you're on 1 health and they have full health.
Imagine the cheers!
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody got combos w/Jack/Anna? Or Jack/Alisa?
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian