Julia Chang Thread Discussion

Page Splits 1...<4567>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Julia never needed character development. That's why people are having an issue with it.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
lightbeast
Legend
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Tekken, the one and only franchise in which females get younger chronologically. Don't forget what we saw with Michelle in tag2.

Either these guys at Bamco really need help on how to create good female characters, or just do it on purpose because the effeminate actually like this crap. This is the most stupid and infantile version of Julia ever seen, and oh well dat voice

Looks like an adult Tekken4 Julia don't sell good enough among the sick.

Yeah...TK4 Julia was awesome. In either outfit. This new iteration...is a bit confusing. Could it be chalked up to her putting on a deliberate persona for the streaming? Like Jaycee was an alter-ego she made.

Guess we should just be grateful they bought her back at all either way, right? lol.
Psajdak
Kyu
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
The way some of you guys are talking, one would almost believe that Julia before her T7 self wasn't just that one female character rarely anyone is noticing, unlike Nina, Xiaoyu, Asuka, and some other popular Tekken girls.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
^^ You do have a point. People do notice pink and white much better than drab brown and dull blue. I do think the present colour palette for Julia is a nice refresh. It's a nice nod to JayCee too. (Too bad it looks like they abandoned JC's moves. They should've atleast kept the d\b 1+2 bridge.)

But Julia was included in S2 due to fan demand. IIRC people had riled up Harada with requests for Anna and Julia. So, you saying that Julia was that one female character that got next to no attention doesn't add up to this kind of clamour by the fans.
Signature Bring back [alex] for T7!
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
It's a nice nod to JayCee too. (Too bad it looks like they abandoned JC's moves. They should've atleast kept the d\b 1+2 bridge.)

The new string she does after her Power Crush wall bounce in the trailer looks like something Jaycee would do. And She actually strikes the Jaycee win pose at the end of her trailer.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I noticed those things. And the JC uppercut. But then, they've simply adapted the backflip from the bridge and the uppercut into her "Julia" strings. And these things look kind of style-neutral and far from the outright wrestling based command grabs, the attack throws, rolls, clotheslines, butt attacks, dropkicks and all that. I don't think we're gonna be seeing any significant wrestling inspired stuff.

And the JC win pose where she becomes self-conscious and goes "whoops..." all that... to me, it seems like they're telling us to forget Jaycee.

But yeah, there's a good chance we could get a few more of JC's moves adapted into Julia's stuff.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much every single throw Julia (and Michelle) have ever had were actual wrestling moves so the wrestling aspect has always kinda been there. I'm still expecting Julia to retain those throws in T7.

As for the win pose, you may be right that they're trying to tell us to forget Jaycee but at the same time, they're telling us they haven't forgotten. In any case, it was a cool and fun little Easter egg.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
Here you go, Julia Chang discussion, in her respective forum

Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Pretty much every single throw Julia (and Michelle) have ever had were actual wrestling moves so the wrestling aspect has always kinda been there. I'm still expecting Julia to retain those throws in T7.

Doh! Yeah, that's true. But the lucha and puro-resu style throws of JC will most likely be gone.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I can't see any of them returning. Honestly, I'm very happy about that because I was never a fan of Jaycee. And the way her story is written in T7, it wouldn't make any sense for her to retain any Jaycee moves.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
I've created and put in placeholders for a frame data and combo thread. Should take me a day or two to sort out the frame data for Julia, and myself and other mods can keep on organising and updating the OP of the combo thread with staples and whatever.
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone else find it harder to 421? Seems like either the 4 has less range, or the 1 has more range. So far I've only been able to get it to hit off axis. I don't remember it being that way in T6/TTT2.

Edit: Nevermind, just seems to be an issue with Negan's hitbox.

Last edited by SparklyUnicorns on Feb 28th, 2019 at 17:22

Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
https://twitter.com/Great_Dark_Hero...2759814145?s=19

Small reference. I'll elaborate a bit more later.

The RD has me curious about a few things. Plus, I have not tested too much else on CH.
Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
wr2,1 is HC, also can't be interrupted if you wr2>1

So good.

MA is i10 again

ws3 gives w! and is i14 now

b3 is +4 NH

4 is still -12 on block, -3 NH

df2,1 has crazy good range for whiff punishment

RA is i12 can use to block punish -12 or more blocked lows due to the df1+2 input

RD gives far w! for run up 1 w! df4,2,bf1_df4,2,bf1
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
mach one
Virtuoso
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER

RA is i12 can use to block punish -12 or more blocked lows due to the df1+2 input

it certainly isn't. that would be crazy.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
Julia's b1 apparently is a safe CH launcher. That could be useful along with her other options.
Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello, I have some tech to share.

After wr1 wr21, you can pick up with ff1 ff1 ff1 f213~1 ff14 s! wr 21 for 48 damage. Or ff1 x3 ddf14 df423 s! wr21 for 42 damage.

FF1 will pick them up as long as they dont tech roll. Ff1 doesnt pick them up on back quick roll but it will hit them.

If they tech roll you do a tech trap with war drums.

Also after ws4 if they tech roll you can do a mini backdash to war drums for a tech trap. (I stole this from MYK's video testing Julia out)
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#119 “Quote” Edit Post
even better after pick up is ff+1,d,df+1,4,1, f+2,1,3~1, ff+1,4 s! wr+2,1 54 or 57 forgot the dmg
Signature i has a bucket !
mach one
Virtuoso
#120 “Quote” Edit Post
this has been irking me all day:

in practice mode, when i do uf431 as a wall combo ender then do df3 immediately for oki, the dummy can make it whiff by techrolling to the left.

however when i record the exact same thing with the dummy and try it on myself, for the life of me i cannot make that knee whiff. if i press any direction other than back i will get hit. pressing buttons doesn't even do anything as i'm still in techroll recovery when df3 impacts.

i've tried different stage, different angle, different carry and filler, different char, even different outfit for fucks sake, the dummy will always avoid the df3 by a simple techroll left. i did not succeed once.

what's this fucking secret magical techroll the dummy has been doing?