Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Getting Up
Retested and new results in post 292.

Shinjin I agree, 5.0 was great fun in practice because I think I ended up with a use for pretty much every one of Chreddy moves (mainly through obscure tech-catches). With the removal in 5.1 a lot of moves have been returned to unused status.

Edit for update.

Last edited by noodalls on Nov 21st, 2010 at 08:31

BenRa
3rd Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Do we have frame data on reversals yet? Particularly curious about Drag's, and his low reversal. Seems like the window on it is so small it's not useful. Then again, I'm pretty bad yet.
insomnotek
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
can you test giant swing and shining wizard throw break windows?

this info is really interesting, thanks
aris
The Beard Signal
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Noodalls: Best thread in a long time...

Have you found any throws that have a smaller throw break window then 14 frames? Throws like....

Mad axes
GS
SW
DDT
Chains of misery

etc.

Also, parry windows for sabaki moves.

BTW great thread...
noodalls
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Throws
Mad axes
i11 Throw break 13-27.
Giant Swing King
i10 Throw break 12-26
Giant Swing AKing
i10 12-26
SW Aking
i10 12-26
SW King
i10 12-26
Lars SW
i11 13-27
Rodeo
i11 13-27
COM
i11 13-27
Eddy df+1+2
i11 13-27
Paul df+1+2
i12 14-28
Generic
i12 14-28
Long
i15 17-31

Anything that clashes with what I wrote above trust this post, I had more time to test.

Also, it's 15 frames not 14. Those numbers are inclusive, so if you press it on frame 17 or 31 inclusive it will break the throw.

Last edited by noodalls on Nov 30th, 2009 at 09:40

KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
When you can, can you test the frames and break window for Raven's Undertaker (hcb, f+1+2)
aris
The Beard Signal
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Noodalls: You should work for mythbusters. The myth of a "smaller break window" for GS and Mad Axes has plaiged tekken for ever. Thanks a ton for the info.

KNITEMAREX: At this point it seems consistent that it will have a 15f throw break window.
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aris
Noodalls: You should work for mythbusters. The myth of a "smaller break window" for GS and Mad Axes has plaiged tekken for ever. Thanks a ton for the info.

KNITEMAREX: At this point it seems consistent that it will have a 15f throw break window.

eh?, command throws always had a smaller break window then normal throws since tekken3, it's only recently that they started messing around with them.
Signature Bruck him for souf east, blud

look man the move doesnt track sidestep, but if you sidestep it will hit you
steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
noodalls
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shinjin
eh?, command throws always had a smaller break window then normal throws since tekken3, it's only recently that they started messing around with them.

King Giant Swing in TTT
Break Window F12-26.
Julia Mad Axes in TTT
Break window F12-26.

noodalls
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I think my description for iWS was misleading, I have retested and edited it (I suspect this came from editing it to answer the question about D~df as a method for iws, and forgot to also mention/test D~db.
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noodalls
King Giant Swing in TTT
Break Window F12-26.
Julia Mad Axes in TTT
Break window F12-26.

so your saying theres 2 frames where the throws can't be broken?, gs and ma are both 10 frames.

steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
ma is 11
Signature i has a bucket !
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bob in der bahn
ma is 11

please try and follow the thread.

noodalls
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Throws
Mad axes
i11 Throw break 13-27.

Originally posted by bob in der bahn
ma is 11

I think I just said that.

Originally posted by Shinjin
so your saying theres 2 frames where the throws can't be broken?, gs and ma are both 10 frames.

Seems like it. I didn't retest initiation frames in TTT because it wasn't the question but I'm sure i10 GS is right. And also there's something weird in TTT where Jabs will beat out throws despite being quite a lot later (e.g. in T6 if you jab on F12 and the GS finishes the input entry on F11 the GS will win. In TTT it looks like the jab can go be input on up to F16 and still beat a GS input on F11. There was also some option select going on that I ignored (ws+1 coming out instead of GS if it meant that the d part of the hcf ducked the jab.)
insomnotek
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Noodalls: You should work for mythbusters.

excellent stuff, thanks for doing the testing.

i think COM throw break has a typo for 13-37
noodalls
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Testing in another thread. It appears you can input UF~2 for the slap with UF held from F1 and input the 2 on F9 (if you input uf,N,2 you can only input uf on F1 and 2 on F2). This does not change the speed at which the move hits, indeed uf+2 on F1 or UF on F1~2 on F9 will double hit with F6 jabs in both cases.

The point is though, that inputting it as UF~2 reduces the number of frames you can be counter hit. For whatever frames you are holding UF only, you are jumping (which does not yield CH). I think this means you can reduce the vulnerabilty of ?any u_uf_ub+X moves to counter hit. It seems like you can extend the non-CH time by up to 8 frames.

Try not to get too many jumping 2s again though.
noodalls
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by insomnotek
excellent stuff, thanks for doing the testing.

i think COM throw break has a typo for 13-37

Yep, that was a hangover of how I test it (I actually do the throw on F11, not frame 1, so that I can test jabs against all the startup frames. Forgot to subtract ten from that result.)
noodalls
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Also, parry windows for sabaki moves.

BTW great thread...

Originally posted by BenRa
Do we have frame data on reversals yet? Particularly curious about Drag's, and his low reversal. Seems like the window on it is so small it's not useful. Then again, I'm pretty bad yet.

Could someone post notations for the reversals and what they are known to reverse. In spite of how much I write in this thread, i really haven't had time to play much T6, and am pretty behind with such things.
Libertine
Lone Wolf
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Noodalls, could you work out the frames for LFF JFSR vs. RFF JFSR? I am interested in the relative time between inputs.

Thanks a lot for all of your hard work!
noodalls
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
JFSR
Input is f/F,N,df+4. F can be held for upto 7 frames (release on the 8th) and df+4 must be pressed on F21 or earlier. Extending the F up to the maximum 7th F does not give you more leniency to input df+4.
-12 on block. No differences between stances from what i can see.

Is there something I missed?