Kazuya Mishima - Ask a question, get an answer!!!!

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Nomeiyo
Kyu
PSN: I'm on PC, boi
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
New(ish) Kazuya player and T7 is my first game. Been playing for a year and I'm currently Warrior.

I seem to struggle playing against super fast safe characters like Law and Lee. It's not a specific move that's beating me, but defending against the flurry of safe moves they can throw out. I'm never too sure of what my best options are besides dickjab and f2 when getting pressured too much. I try not to press buttons, but whenever i think I see an opening, I get instantly counter hit launched. I usually whiff punish with EWGF but they never really win me games; they only score me some damage. At range 0 I'm getting mixed up by fast lows and mids and safe powercrushes and I just don't know how to deal with that kind of pressure up close.

What are the best anti-pressure tools for Kazuya? Should I be looking to hang back, create space, and play a slow paced game? Or do I just have to learn to be as patient as possible and react to lows?
alexr
Raijin
PSN: TeamKandR
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kitwood_XD
ive never played kazuya before t7 and have in the past 6 weeks of playing online gone up to brawler rank with him . im finding now that people are ready for the mix up of hellsweep , ff4 and dragonfist . im learning how to do cd into twin pistons and ws2 (like 4/10 times i can do it) . should i be learning how to do double n triple cd into my moves as i see alot of youtube videos of people doing this (im assuming for added pressure) people like mainman swe and choksae do 2-3 cds before a move n have wondered why ? help please

Woww, if you can get ws moves out of your crouchdash, that's really good execution early on! Nice work.

Wavedash is good for closing distance and for pressure. It really only works for pressure if you give your opponent a reason to be scared to stick out a button, though -- if they can just beat you by throwing out a big df+2 or a hopkick, it doesn't work! So probably the most important wavedash technique is stopping and blocking. You'll get there, to the point where it makes sense to pressure with wavedash.

Probably not for a bit, though -- for now I'd recommend working on your punishment, if you want my recommendation.
Signature blog it out! http://alexr-fightgames.tumblr.com
alexr
Raijin
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nomeiyo
New(ish) Kazuya player and T7 is my first game. Been playing for a year and I'm currently Warrior.

I seem to struggle playing against super fast safe characters like Law and Lee. It's not a specific move that's beating me, but defending against the flurry of safe moves they can throw out. I'm never too sure of what my best options are besides dickjab and f2 when getting pressured too much. I try not to press buttons, but whenever i think I see an opening, I get instantly counter hit launched. I usually whiff punish with EWGF but they never really win me games; they only score me some damage. At range 0 I'm getting mixed up by fast lows and mids and safe powercrushes and I just don't know how to deal with that kind of pressure up close.

What are the best anti-pressure tools for Kazuya? Should I be looking to hang back, create space, and play a slow paced game? Or do I just have to learn to be as patient as possible and react to lows?

With Kazuya, it helps so much to know a lot about other characters. Like, how bad is their df+1 on block? Should you swing after it? What are common offensive sequences? Are there highs in the strings that you can duck?

If there's a high in their string -- duck and launch. ws2 and ws1,2 are your friends.

He doesn't have great "get off me" moves or panic buttons. You really just have to play keepout and understand when the opponent has frame advantage. Working on your backdash helps a lot, and knowing which way to sidestep is super helpful.

(for Law, step to your right, and for Lee, typically step to your left: http://tekkengamer.com/2017/06/14/h...also-available/ )
Bryan Jet Upper
Kyu
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
hello can someone tell me what the exact notation for instant while standing 4 is after doing 3 ewgf with kazuya thanks. for example the combo - ewgf, sdewgf, pewgf ,iws4, df1 4 tailspin. etc. thanks.
alexr
Raijin
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bryan Jet Upper
hello can someone tell me what the exact notation for instant while standing 4 is after doing 3 ewgf with kazuya thanks. for example the combo - ewgf, sdewgf, pewgf ,iws4, df1 4 tailspin. etc. thanks.

Holy crap that's a heck of a combo. That sounds really hard. Does anybody do that in actual matches?

What's "sdewgf"? "super-long dash EWGF"?
Bryan Jet Upper
Kyu
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah the combo is hard but doable with lots of practice also "sdewgf" stands for "short dash ewgf" - which means you do f~f~n~d~df+2 as fast as possible. "dewgf" notation is like this - f~F hold the forward for 2 frames then do the rest of the ewgf command. but yeah it is possible to do in real matches. still trying to find out the exact notation though for iws4 after 3 ewgf. thanks for your reply and also if you find out the notation for it please post back here thanks.