Page Splits 1...<151617
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#321 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cornwallace on Mar 10th, 2014 18:07
Found some cool oki off Wang's running tackle as an ender.

E.g.

Wang u/f+4, ff+2, f+1, ff+2, f+1, 1+2~5 TA! Yoshi b+2,1 Wang running tackle = 91

In this situation:
b+3 floats for a full combo on quick stand, both get up kicks, backroll, raw tag
b+3 hits people that stay down, and siderolls
b+3 will whiff on tech roll but cannot be punished by anything

Slight dash into d+3+4 will hit everything including both techs, but misses backroll.

Easy spot to parry tag crash once you get people trying to option select your oki.

Very easy to pull off and it's really good having two moves that cover so many options.

Not exactly the earliest on that tech lol.

I was also discussing this with Cornwallace that there's a specific timing where b+3 will pick up non tech roll for a float reset (ie no bound). It's tricky but would be very worth it.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
michailangelo
2nd Dan
PSN: Michailangelo
#322 “Quote” Edit Post
Who you consider as a good partner for Wang? I'm thinking pairing him with Bryan. What you guys think?
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#323 “Quote” Edit Post
Wang works well with pretty much everyone. In terms of his combos, look for characters whose best fillers recover well enough for wang to land a clean deathfist. I imagine Leo might work quite well as wangs d+2,1+2 should work for her staple and Leo's f+3d BOK 1,2 should be good for his.

In reality, combo damage isn't too essential unless they have outrageous synergy. Look for netsu and whoever you enjoy playing.
michailangelo
2nd Dan
#324 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks Cornwallace. I paired him with law and I enjoy this team.

Only problem I face is the combo ender of law. I do db2, 4,2 in tag assault with wang and then I finish with the legendary kick of law. Sometimes the kick will whiff and I dont see why.
GosTanMan
Deity
#325 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by michailangelo
Thanks Cornwallace. I paired him with law and I enjoy this team.

Only problem I face is the combo ender of law. I do db2, 4,2 in tag assault with wang and then I finish with the legendary kick of law. Sometimes the kick will whiff and I dont see why.

Its probably the distance or you have to many hits in the combo which will make the kick whiff.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#326 “Quote” Edit Post
Try a SS before the TA, might help with consistency.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
michailangelo
2nd Dan
#327 “Quote” Edit Post
I do with Law: df2, 4,u3, ff+4,3B!. I figured I have to sidestep with Wang in TA and wait a sec before making the string. But even with sidestep I miss the ender sometimes. Maybe it's my execution.
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#328 “Quote” Edit Post
After being thrown by waning moon, How do you get out of it if the opponent messes up the timing to combo you in the back?
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#329 “Quote” Edit Post
Just hold b i suppose
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
GosTanMan
Deity
#330 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by omara95
After being thrown by waning moon, How do you get out of it if the opponent messes up the timing to combo you in the back?

Just hold b or d/b or you can also tag out.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
PSN: Kiaruda
#331 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GosTanMan
Just hold b or d/b or you can also tag out.

I believe you can also throw, correct? I've seen it happen a few times but I can't confirm whether or not it was supposed to happen.
GosTanMan
Deity
#332 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiaruda
I believe you can also throw, correct? I've seen it happen a few times but I can't confirm whether or not it was supposed to happen.

I don't quite get what you mean. Throw to escape WM?
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#333 “Quote” Edit Post
throws make you turn around faster making them usable in certain situations. But they are best suited when you would get hit by a BT string. I forgot the example I had in mind. Wang will probably always go for the juggle and throwing will only make sure you get hit, even if the'd be a bit late.
Signature s3:
Cornwallace
Champion
#334 “Quote” Edit Post
BT throw is a good option to beat things like db+4,2 in the open or f+4,1+2,2 at the wall which are both max damage.

Tagging out is a good option if you're expecting them to come in late, but if they screw up a db+4,2 your inbound character will get launched anyway.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
#335 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
throws make you turn around faster making them usable in certain situations. But they are best suited when you would get hit by a BT string. I forgot the example I had in mind. Wang will probably always go for the juggle and throwing will only make sure you get hit, even if the'd be a bit late.

The situation I saw was that Wang hit Waning Moon and dashed in to follow up but the opponent did a throw to interrupt. I have no idea if that is a legit strat or just a random TTT2 moment.
Cornwallace
Champion
#336 “Quote” Edit Post
BT throw prevents Wang from using slower strings that are not NC on a front-facing opponent but will do more damage if they hit you in the back (e.g. d/b+4,2 or f+4,1+2,2). The throw turns you around quickly, and because interrupting a throw doesn't count as a CH, Wang won't score a full combo.

This is why I now use d/f+2,1 as it beats every option pretty easily.
If they try to tag out or hit db, it's quick enough to hit them in the back
If they throw and I'm a bit late, they might turn around to face me but because d/f+2,1 is a NC I'll still get a combo (and they'll be facing forward)

d+1+2 works in a similar way but is a bit slower.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
#337 “Quote” Edit Post
That's what I was going for, thanks for clearing it up!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#338 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...YvnkrWrng#t=182

I was getting my Wang up to Seiryu recently, and I had that glitch where you do uf+3 and you get an unwanted super slow super punishable stomp instead of his amazing uf+3 new homing attack.

I really hope Namco fixes this uf+3 into unwanted uf+3+4 glitch in the transition from Tag 2 to Tekken 7. It has been present in Tekken since at least Tekken 6 BR.

I guess that means they just take a big file that contains all the moves in Tekken, including this uf+3 glitch, and put the file of Tekken Moves into the newer Tekken, glitch still present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...8YvnkrWrng#t=10

Wang's 1+2 seems to miss quite often when used as a wall bound move. I think the hitbox is too small or something.

I think f+1+2 and d+2 should both hit grounded opponents.

A damage increase on df+3 would be nice, and/or make df+3 knockdown on counter-hit similar to Nina's db+3.

Last edited by forest16 on Nov 30th, 2014 at 00:30