Tekken 7 Dragunov (Loc Test Info)

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
5th Dan
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
At this point I think my muscle memory would be better off with me playing TR actively or at least semi-actively. I know TTT2 and T6 are flat out the better games but 7 just seems built more off of TR, or at least enough aspects of it.

Guess it's roll the dice and hope Dragunov unlocks before T7 comes out on consoles then. (as an aside this is one time where I wish Namco were money grubbing bastards and tried to sell the other characters as an option besides the random unlocking. I'd have happily paid for him and not thought twice about it.)
Signature
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, a lot of the TR changes for Dragunov will be in T7, so playing TR in preparation for the future is an okay idea. With that being said, Dragunov isn't super good in TR but I have a feeling he'll be just fine in T7.
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | My fighting game website
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Azaael
5th Dan
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I've looked into TR but honestly with all of the invincibles and mess I haven't much taken too much stock in anyone's competitive balance(or that entire game's competitive balance, and I rarely see like, really long written TR info either.) From what I've seen of the piddly tests we've gotten with Dragunov he still seems to have his stuff intact, apparently has a few buffs and still hits like a truck so I'm also not too worried about him in T7. Not enough info yet to see how badly the mechanic changes have affected him(if they even affected him terribly negatively, who knows.)

I mean from what I've seen so far, a few characters have gotten flat out nerfs in addition to the mechanic changes. Dragunov has escaped that mostly(again, in the sorta highly limited times we've gotten to see him.)

(EDIT: Grabbed TR and just said fuck it and bought Dragunov, he was 5e and I can't be assed playing Tekken Roulette. Yeah, I can feel where he isn't quite as beefy, but honestly none of the characters feel as beefy. But watching the T7 vids again and comparing it, I can totally see yeah, it was being built off TR. Was mostly doing some combo experiments and such but there's going to be a bunch new tech come 7 anyway with the tailspin and other move tweaks.)

Last edited by Azaael on Jan 17th, 2015 at 21:02

Signature
Azaael
5th Dan
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...84838260#t=2549 *Sigh* This is all we got from the recent Tekken Crash. Two matches, one of which it looked like he dropped the ball pretty hard on the second fight. Bah.

I mean the best I seemed to see was a d/f+2 combo with CDc that they didn't even finish properly(they tried a d+2 for some reason, no deep dash d+4,4 or anything else that would have worked.) Haven't gotten to study the rest of the moves yet tho to see if there are any frame changes...

...which, since this was confirmed to be the old build, could all be different anyway. Come on March.
Signature