Top 10 moves with Chreddie

Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a really hard time against Uf3 mix ups when I play against capos, and I'm really successful using it.

I honestly have no answer for it. There are 4 possible mix ups:

A) Simple uf3
B) Uf3,3+4
C) Uf3,3
D) Uf3,d (rlx)

You can't tell between between them by reflex, you have to guess. If you duck, you can get launched by option C, that's a full combo. If you stand, you eat option B, very high damage. Put together options A and D and you get a mess in the defenders mind.
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
My top ten

Df2 (awesome hit box and properties)
B1,4 (huge damage on CH, leads to guessing games on block, can be SS'd on reaction tho)
Qcf3 or ws3 (taggable, hits on ground, huge range)
Uf4 (good zoning move)
Ss4 (good zoning move)
Ws1,3 (good 13fpunisher and whiff punisher)
Uf 3 (unreadable mix ups, good for desperate moments or breaking turtles)
Ss3+4 (basically a safe launcher and very evasive)
D4
FC 3+4

That's for simple moves on ground game, cause the rlx mix ups are awesome (rlx 3~4, rlx 4~3, rlx 4, rlx 2, rlx 1,3d, rlx f3+4). Also, every move that gets you into rlx with positive frames is awesome, like FC f4 or HSP b3.

Also, I like to use all the move list, cause some moves are very situational, like f2,1,4 at the wall, b3,3, uf 3+4, b2, db3+4, ss1+4, b3+4 and so on. All of them have their special occasions to be used.
justinong65
War Lord
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by defcon
top 10:

1. b14
2. b14
3. b14
4. b14
5. b14
6. b14
7. b14
8. b14
9. b14
10. b14

you really have no choice with this right its a 50/50 mix up?
i really have a hard time dealing with this move
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)

At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1,4 is a little messed up.

Whoever was coding the console release of this game must have been asleep. There's a reason that RLX2,4 never naturals and a reason why b+1,4 didn't used to natural in the arcade.

Either that, or Namco wanted to take the 'easy' way out to balance Capos, because as we know, they're quite a bit weaker in TT2 compared to BR.

That said as Capo players we should abuse this move as long as its there. One of these getting through usually means the match is over, lol.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
After a blocked b14 to hsp, everything is readable and low range. The guessing game is also of very bad risk/reward for the capo.

Basically, either try to interrupt them after the b1,4 (guessing they will go to hsp) or just backdash and whiff punish.
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
HSP4 makes me scared to try interrupt.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
PSN: ENHEAS_TK
XBL: no x box
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
You don't have to. Since you've plenty of time to realize wether capo is going for helicopter or not. The "match " is only between helicopter or not. But a quite expert player is going to wait and then punish you after. B14 is only useful (I mean,the mix up of course) at wall,when low won't whiff and helicopter will wall splat. As I said before, chb14 is a very useful tool,better have it than not to have it,but in ttt2 context is still to be considered'fair ' as there's plenty of broken moves everywhere, moves that find their application far more often during a match, and they're often on natural hit. Ch is not easy to get against someone who respects frames
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
How many moves give you 130 plus on CH for the minimal risk that b+1,4 do? There are a lot of safe counter hit launchers I agree, but how many give you that much damage in return? df+2 is also 14f and safe but to get over 100 on that is quite difficult. Over 130 for little risk (at least on console, in arcade the timing on the slippery kicks is much more tight so its easier to screw up and commit to the slippery kicks extension), that's really strong.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
It is a very good move indeed. It's just not THE best move. I try to use it only as a defensive tool so I maximize the chances of getting the ch and minimize the chances of being punished.
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
I play on ps3 with pad connected to it, and on 100% 0 lag monitor(the best the entire Euro Tekken Community could find: IIyama pro lite e2210hds). Slippery Kicks isn't easy to hit confirm at all.

Plus, I play with friends who are really prepared and play very well offline (like Devilkazuya, Musashi, Juflu) but also with almost all the other Italian top players online (Bode, Rikimaru, HarryPotter, Sandro etc)and from all over Europe (Real Menace, Asim, Starscream, Adnanish, Doug, Malekith, Kyoko Manji, etc) or all of them during tournaments. I can assure you that b14, with players who know what to do, it's very hard to land.
On the other hand, there's plenty of situations where any Leo, Jack, Dragunov, Lars etc etc etc etc etc etc safe or semisafe starters land and almost the same amount of damage is ripped off your life bar. Leo has a safe anti step wall splat move that rips you 100+ damage. Jacks team, any Leo, Hwoarang, Lei, Lars, Jinpachi, Bruce, Dragunov, Lili Team is insane talking about damage and wall carry. Mishimas EWGF has a half stage wide hitbox LOL. Some other characters have insane oki so even if you guess right, they can pick you up again right after.. hopkicks, evasive stances.. i could carry on for long..

<<<<<< THIS IS NOT >>>>>> to say that Eddy sucks, but that if you take a look around you'll realise that there's much worse or at least very similar in the game.

From what i said, it's true that ch b14 is a death machine, but you can't compare (imho) the chances for it to land compared to Leo's df2 for example. And you always have to remember that it's a CH, so if you play against a competitive player you'll find some troubles getting him in ch. It's not impossible of course and it all depends on you, but...
I'd rather have a df2 or hopkick that takes 100 (leo\feng, bruce\hwoarang anna\nina jacks-if i remember correctly- etc) or a safe mid or -11\-12 on block 100+ dmg on hit wall splat move, than b14.. because even if they take less, I'm sure they're going to land more often.

This is also why you almost never see b14 used in top Capos videos, in my opinion.
Nameless03
Legend
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
It's not really just about b14 hitting CH, but the other options that capos can do even if it gets blocked. Sure, the risk/reward may not be in their favor for many of the options, but the fact that they can extend it to these many options means it becomes harder for the opponent to guess correctly and puts more pressure on them to make sure they react with the correct punish if they do happen to guess right.

I mean, even a blocked b14 into blocked HSP 4 is not a total lost cause for capos, because HSP~D seems to evade a crap ton more stuff now than before. Both hits of Jin's b21 has whiffed vs HSP~D for me before, so it's definitely a valid option IMO.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
as far as i i know every char has something to interrupt hsp-d.. for example Feng. df1 gets evaded by hsp+d, but not b+4.. Julia: ff1 gets evaded, but not df3.. etc

Btw i'm still abusing b14 to test it in as many situations as possible, and to make a selection of them to see when it's worth to try it or not.

But against my offline friends i play regularly with, I have to say that they've forced me almost not to use it, except at wall as i said before or when they exceed in pressing me and so they risk the CH. In any other cases i usually get floated or punished..
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Skeering
HSP4 makes me scared to try interrupt.
Unless you have your back to a wall, the damage you may get from interrupting hsp is totally worth the risk of getting hit by hsp4.
LuizWsp
Virtuoso
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nameless03
It's not really just about b14 hitting CH, but the other options that capos can do even if it gets blocked. Sure, the risk/reward may not be in their favor for many of the options, but the fact that they can extend it to these many options means it becomes harder for the opponent to guess correctly and puts more pressure on them to make sure they react with the correct punish if they do happen to guess right.

I mean, even a blocked b14 into blocked HSP 4 is not a total lost cause for capos, because HSP~D seems to evade a crap ton more stuff now than before. Both hits of Jin's b21 has whiffed vs HSP~D for me before, so it's definitely a valid option IMO.

Crouch jab hits hsp d, but capos could try hsp3+4 and not get floated.

There's always a way out for the capos, all of them with a risk higher than reward, but the ~130 damage makes it worth it.

The safest thing for the opponent is back dash and be patient. Back dash avoids all lows and the grab.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ENHEAS
as far as i i know every char has something to interrupt hsp-d.. for example Feng. df1 gets evaded by hsp+d, but not b+4..
HSP4 and even finishing the HSP string with either the mid or low beats both of those options too.

I don't know, I kind of wished Namco has paid more attention to strengthening Capos oki game, which feels a lot weaker than it did in BR due to various factors, rather than giving us one move with too much damage potential.. And I do agree Eddy (and Christie) are weaker than most of the characters mentioned in your post.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ENHEAS
as far as i i know every char has something to interrupt hsp-d.. for example Feng. df1 gets evaded by hsp+d, but not b+4..
HSP4 and even finishing the HSP string with either the mid or low beats both of those options too.

I don't know, I kind of wished Namco has paid more attention to strengthening Capos oki game, which feels a lot weaker than it did in BR due to various factors, rather than giving us one move with too much damage potential.. And I do agree Eddy (and Christie) are weaker than most of the characters mentioned in your post.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
I reallly like the whole movelist of Capoeiras.... But since its top 10, here we goo....

b+14 imo 1 of the best moves in the game. Really fast and huge damage. Very hard to punish this string.
df+2 Really good knd move, great oki. Punishable by only by few charaters.
Jabs Im huge fan of normal jabs okay but not the best range.
df+1 string The extension is great but the mixup with ~f into Hospital stance is really, really good. Or just do normal df+1.
uf+4 Well, low crushing mid with huge range for low crush. Safe wall splatt? 2 good.
ss+4 Safe low with good frames on block and +8 on hit? Yes please.
d+43 Tracks both ways, huge ch damage. Its mental game.
uf+3 mixup U can frustrate ur enemy if well used. I use this move after a knockdown move as in oki. U have the advantage so use it!
RLX 4~3 The eddy low, good mixup. If u dont know what to do this move or b+14 lol. Often the opponent is too scared of the 3~4 option so mix ur moves!
RLX 3~4 The mid option of RLX mixup.Often ur opponent just stands and blocks.