< >
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#181 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
I suggest f,f+4,3 (TA!) Paul f,f+3,4,4, Forest dash 4,3,4 see if that works

I'll try that,but paul f,f+3,4,4 needs an SSR right?
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#182 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sspaajms120
I'll try that,but paul f,f+3,4,4 needs an SSR right?
Paul CH QCB+4, QCF+1~Tag, Forest Law f,f+4,3 (TA!) Paul f,f+3,4,4, Forest f,F, 4,3,4 (117 pts)

Pretty straightforward combo. No, the opponent is off axis right to begin with, so there is no need to SSR.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#183 “Quote” Edit Post
After a low parry

f+4,u+3, 3+4, f,f+4,3 (45 pts)
^
Spikes!

b+2,3,4~Tag, Law f,f+4,3 (35 pts)
^
You get a Tag and you do red life!

f+4,u+3, 2,2,1,2 (39 pts)
^
I like this since it spikes and is easy...just mash the 2 button after f+4,u+3.

f+4,u+3, 2,2, BT 1,2,f+2
^
Less damage, but remember, the third hit of BT 1,2,f+2 hits on the ground! There is a possible combo reset here!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#184 “Quote” Edit Post
Wall carry VS damage

df+2, 4,u+3, f,f,N,2, f,f+4,3 (TA!) Marshall SSR, d+1,3, Forest f,f,N,3+4 (10-hits, 76 pts)

You will followup this combo after the wallsplat with either UF+4,3, which hits all characters including Ling and Kunimitsu, for 96 points of damage, or the more damaging f+1, f+4,3,2 for 98 points.

Man, until I actually checked the damage for both the UF+4,3 wall combo and the f+1, f+4,3,2 wall combo, I was unaware that the difference in damage between the two combos was only a measely 2 points of damage! The f+1, f+4,3,2 wall combo can miss even the characters that it SHOULD and DOES hit, like Nina and Michelle Chang, for seemingly no reason in particular. It seems to this Laws player that the UF+4,3 wall combo truly is the best one...a good mix of damage and consistency.

df+2, 4,u+3, f,f+4,3 (TA!) Marshall (f,N_tiny SSR), uf+3,4, Forest deep dash, 4,3,4 (10-hits, 91 pts)
^
In open stage, this combo does a bit over half a life bar off of a df+2! The recovery time of the last hit of Forest's 4,3,4 is not as bad as it might seem; you can often run at them and get a df+2 on the inbound character for another half of a life bar, as well as transfering the rage back to the other character.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#185 “Quote” Edit Post
f,f+4,3, 3+4, b+2, b+2,2 (7-hits, 52 pts)
^
A very simple combo. You just do the 3+4 right away, no dash, no iWS, nothing. Just do 3+4 raw.

The b+2, b+2,2 part is also pretty easy, and will spike for great oki. Law is within range of a db+3. f+3+4, a FC df,d,DF mixup, b+2, or even uf+4 are all good options on wakeup.

In Tekken Tag 2, I like simplicity, especially when it also offers good momentum shifting options.

FYI, max damage seems to be

f,f+4,3, f,f, b+2, 2, f+4,3,4 (60 pts)
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#186 “Quote” Edit Post
Plenty of time to practice my combos after I got my Laws to Suzakus on XBL Seriously though, it's really lame how long TTT2 makes me wait for a match. I have sometimes gone 40 minutes without any matches.

Marshall f,f+4,3 (TA!) Forest F, uf+3,4, Marshall F, b+2,3,4,DSS f+3 (77 pts)

I like this combo. You hit them right in-between their legs with the Marshall post TA! b+2. Not to high, not too low, or the second hit of the Junkyard might miss. It's a really simple combo. Junkyard Kick combo post TA! does the same damage as Shaolin Spin Kicks (f+4,3,4), and has more reach. More reach means an easier combo without a dash required. You can even opt for a little bit less damage and ~Tag off of the last hit of the Junkyard, then use a Tag Slide or Tag Running Cross Chop for a mixup with your inbound character.

The biggest reason why I like this combo though is because it takes me back to my Tag 1 roots. In that game, I always used Junkyard as my staple combo filler after a stannding 4. So you might say the Forest F, uf+3,4 is like the standing 4, and besides that, the only difference between the above combo and my old Tag 1 combo is the DSS f+3.

Law f,f+4,3 (TA!) Law long SSR, uf+3,4, Law f,f,N,4,u+3, f,f+4,3 (76 pts)

Really decent combo.

Marshall f,f+4,3 (TA!) Forest long SSR, f+4,3,4, Marshall f,f, f+4,3,DSS f+3 (76 pts)

Really flashy, and good damage too!

Marshall f,f+4,3 (TA!) Forest long SSR, f+4,3,4, Marshall f,f, f+2, 3+4

A wall carry option.

Marshall CH 4, b+2, 2, 3+4, f,f+4,3 (TA!) Forest long SSR, d+1,3, Marshall d+1+2,f+4

Last edited by forest16 on May 1st, 2014 at 12:35

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#187 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest WS+1,2, f+3+4

The f+3+4 is free! They can Tag Crash, but Forest's f+3+4 having more reach than Marshall's has this payoff.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#188 “Quote” Edit Post
CH b+1,2,1, 4,u+3, ~3+4, ~f,f+4,3 B!, long delay f,f+2,1,3 (12-hits, 117 pts)
^
The 4,u+3 to 3+4 will miss if you do f+4,u+3. With the normal Crescent Kick without holding forwards on the stick, there is no need to dash with the Ab Cruncher, the 3+4. This makes the combo much easier overall! The Sun and Moon, f,f+4,3, has lots of range, so just do it as fast as possible. Then, hit them post bound with the Dragon Strike Combo, f,f+2,1,3, as late as possible.

Probably one of the most damaging solo combos in Tekken Tag 2 without walls or TA!. Easy enough to be a staple combo, too, I think.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#189 “Quote” Edit Post
I want to make this my staple solo combo if/when I decide to put Marshall on point, not using TA! if I get a launcher at the start of the round:

df+2, 4,u+3, 3+4, ~f,f+4,3 B!, delayed f,f+2,1,3 (10-hits, 76 pts)

The notation must be as you see it there. No f+4,u+3 or the 3+4 will miss, and no f,f dash before the 3+4, just mash it. You can make the 3+4 easier by holing down the 4 from the 4,u+3 and mashing 3. The f,f+4,3 is probably the spot in the combo where you are most likely to drop it, but it is still consistent. Then, a deep f,f+2,1,3, delayed as much as possible in order to get the last hit to connect.

The bad thing about this combo is that if you hit the opponent with your launcher from far away, just grazing them from long range, the combo will miss! So, in that case, replace the 3+4, which will miss due to range, with f,f+1,2. The combo's damage will drop to 70 points, but 70 points is still respectable, and you avoid the drop.

You can still hit the 3+4 after the 4,u+3 if you hit them with a long range launcher by doing f,f,N,3+4, but that makes the f,f+4,3 miss, at least it does for me. Even b+2,2 misses.

I still think that this combo is consistent enough to be my staple solo combo if/when I put Marshall on point. I just need to pay attention to whether or not the launch was from colse enough to hit the more damaging version with the 3+4 instead of the f,f+1,2.

The combo will work with both Laws the same.

EDIT

Furthermore, the combo is harder to hit after a delayed hopkick, uf,N,4.

If you look at the height at which uf,N,4 launches the opponent to VS the hight at which a basic upercut, df+2, launches them to, you can clearly see that uf,N,4 launches them lower to the ground. Law also gets less time to work with after an uf,N,4 launcher. As a side note, if you launch the opponent at the wall with uf,N,4, Forest can not hit 4,3,2 to make it count as a 1-hit wall bound like he can if he hits a df+2 at the wall. I will talk about that later, though.

uf,N,4, 4,u+3, 3+4, ~f,f+4,3 B!, delayed f,f+2,1,3 (93 pts)

While this combo does hit, I am inclined to say it is not consistent. It seems harder. Probably due to the fact that uf,N,4 launches them so low.

UF+4, WS+4, 3+4, f+2, f,f+4,3 B!, delayed f,f+2,1,3 (10-hits, 82 pts)

What a great solo combo for the first hit of Backflipper! I was hitting this combo when TTT2 first came out, but I have since started just using Tag Assault all the time with Forest. I was thinking it was better wince it did over half life. But, I am thinking about changing my ways, using a solo combo at the start of the round.

Another Edit, since I have tons of time searching for a match online

Law WS+2~Tag, Law 4,u+3, 3+4, f,f+4,3 TA!, delayed f,f+2,1,3 (10-hits, 84 pts)
^
The trick to this combo is to avoid hitting their bottom leg with the 4,u+3. Hitting their bottom leg makes them fly away, too far for the 3+4 to hit properly. Besides that, the timing on it seems the same as after a df+2. Really good if you have rage with the other Law, since it will do crazy red life, and will wall carry quite a bit with 10 hits.

Last edited by forest16 on Jun 10th, 2014 at 06:38

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#190 “Quote” Edit Post
Post TA! f,f+1, then f,f dash in on them for okizeme!

It was a King who did this to me, but I am taking it for Laws! Really scary if there is a big threat on oki like King's ground throw for instance. Law has...maybe f+3+4? I guess Law is not as good on okizeme as King.

Oh! Here is one option: b+2 for a reset.

b+2,3,4 VS their side but what LOOKS like their back, 1,2, 1, b+2,2, f,f+2,1,3

b+2,3,4 VS their back, 1,2, f,f+4,3 TA! etc. full FUFT combo

^
You can use a 1,2 punches as an option select if you hit their back with Junkyard but you are not sure if it truly will flip them over.

VS BT b+2,3,4, f+2, f+4,3,2
^
This works the same way, but it is much more prone to drop than 1,2 after the Junkyard. The standing basic 4 has lots of midair juggle combo pushback, which can make the bound move in the 4,3,2 miss, unlike a 1,2, which keeps them close, allowing Law to continue the full VS BT combo even if the Junkyard was only VS their side and they are juggled in BT position, FUFA.

Law 3+4 (W!), f,f+4,3 (TA!) Jin db+2,2,3, Law f+2,f+2,1+2 (87 pts)
^
Only 4 points less than my staple wall combo with Law f+1+2 wall bound. Remember, Law has to use f,f+4,3 sometimes, like after 2,2,1,2 or f+1+2 at the wall.

Law's f+2,f+2,1+2 is a very respectable wall combo ender from Tekken 5.

Law 3+4 W!, f+1+2 TA! Law F, uf+3,4, Law db+4,4
^
I think I might start to use this instead of post wall TA! UF+4,3. The Post wall TA! UF+4,3 has been missing sometimes for me due to its lack of range, and Dragontail has much more range and is only 1 points less for the combo.

Marshall Law df+2, wait until they get low to the ground before hitting the first hit of Shaolin Spin Kicks.
as in,
Marshall df+2, f+4,3,4,DSS f+3 W!, f,f+1+2 TA! etc.
^
It's a good tip to re-iterate in case it has not been already. If you use the Shaolin Spin Kicks to DSS f+3 wall carry combo with Marshall, you have to wait a moment before the first hit of the Shaolins. This is due to how quickly each hit of Shaolin Spin Kicks come out after each other, and the third hit will whiff if you do not wait...they will be too high up for the third hit to hit.

One interesting note that is important to avoid a combo drop is how you need to hit the wall carry combo:

df+2, 4,u+3, f,f,N,2,f+2,1+2

...really low to the ground for the first hit of the 2,f+2,1+2, or it will miss.

One way to make the combo easier is to add a f,f+1 before the f,f,N,2,f+2,1+2. The higher number of hits makes the juggle easier.

If the wall is at a closer distance than that combo permits, consider using:

df+2, 4,u+3, f,f+1,2,3
or
df+2, 4,u+3, f,f+1,1,2,3

...depending on the distance to the wall.

But, of course, the easiest option is just to use:

df+2, 4,u+3, f,f+4,3 TA!

...and go from there. Less damage, probably, but, better than a dropped combo if you are unsure about the wall position.

Last edited by forest16 on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:30