Page Splits 1...<7891011>...12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
kjhsfjk
7th Dan
PSN: my_Tee_mous
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
my god please tell me theres some kinda trick to connecting the ff+4 B! instead of b+1. i can never stay consistent with the ff+4 B! can it be buffered, is there a certain timing, a certain range, or is it just hard as fuck?

do i have to do a f+1 jab instead of 1 by itself(after the db+2 pickup)?

i cant figure it out guys. the ff+4 damage is too good to not use it in combos. any help would be appreciated
Signature

yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
When playing against Bryan, should I rush him down or turtle? I know he is not that good against Rushdown characters but are there any reason to turtle against him? I play with Ogres they have really good keepout game (and so does Bryan) but should I fear Bryan's offence? I know he has multiple awesome lows but he is not that fast either. Also his tracking is kinda meh.

Last edited by yoloswag on Nov 11th, 2013 at 21:00

Sofiane-senshu
2nd Dan
PSN: sofiane-senshu
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kjhsfjk
my god please tell me theres some kinda trick to connecting the ff+4 B! instead of b+1. i can never stay consistent with the ff+4 B! can it be buffered, is there a certain timing, a certain range, or is it just hard as fuck?

do i have to do a f+1 jab instead of 1 by itself(after the db+2 pickup)?

i cant figure it out guys. the ff+4 damage is too good to not use it in combos. any help would be appreciated

Most of the time I tend to go for the b+1.If I'm going for it, I'll do f+1 and start doing ff4 immediately after the jabs end, buffering gives me f+4 99% of the time.

Although it is somewhat more damage instead of b+1, I see lots of Bryans occasionally dropping this, even at the highest level of play. Also ff4 ! seems to be inconsistent at times against the wall after a b+4_taunt b+4, jet upper combo.

And last but not least, I always do f+1 jab in combos instead of the neutral one, it gives a little bit more range and is the same speed anyways.
Signature You gotta go bodyguard hard!
Sofiane-senshu
2nd Dan
PSN: sofiane-senshu
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yoloswag
When playing against Bryan, should I rush him down or turtle? I know he is not that good against Rushdown characters but are there any reason to turtle against him? I play with Ogres they have really good keepout game (and so does Bryan) but should I fear Bryan's offence? I know he has multiple awesome lows but he is not that fast either. Also his tracking is kinda meh.

Bryan is imo a little bit more towards the keep-away character although he can start a nice offence. It's hard for him to make a comeback (without netsu) than it is to keep a lead, so turtling against him is your best bet.
Signature You gotta go bodyguard hard!
XxVile616xX
6th Dan
PSN: XxVile616xX
XBL: iG PlaneCrash
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
hey
i've never played bryan in earlier games but i wanted to pick him up to see if i can do well with him
i'm practicing his taunt stuff at the momend and i wanted to ask if there is a trick to connect the b+4 after his taunt ? i'm not able to connect it into a combo atm.. as far as i know and i know it sounds noobish but it's my first time with him, his b+4 is 16 frames and the taunt was nerfed to a 14 frame window ? so how are people able to connect the b+4 after the taunt ? :/
Signature
~Tekken 7: Biggest disappointment this year
~Back to Virtua Fighter
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
No, taunt is +16. Its a 1f link tho and takes a lot of practice to get down.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Masta_Shake
Virtuoso
PSN: Fly1ng_V
XBL: F1yingV
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
Taunt is +16 in this game, which means that b+4 is a just frame (aka 0f link). It's something that is going to take some time to get used to. The hardest part of this is making sure that b and 4 are hit on the exact same frame. The easiest way to see this is if you have the input history on when you press b+4 is you see b b+4 in the history that means you pressed them out of sync
Signature i rule you
Shiny metal Manly Man
enko
Lone Wolf
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
What is Bryan's best CH move at range 3-4?
Sugar Roll
Champion
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you do dash to f+3 quickly? I always get the slash kick. Any trick to it?
Signature A warrior from a group of islands far to the southeast. Dubbed as "sugarol", which literally means gambler in his native land, as he used to spend his free time gambling. Though successful in it, he decided to mend his ways as he realized it was no different from stealing. He kept his name as a constant reminder of his past but it later evolved to what he is known now, Sugar Roll.
RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
cancel your dash with back (or any direction) then hit f+3
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
Sugar Roll
Champion
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
^works...but I was kind of hoping for something seamless. I've been going with f,f,f+3+4. Different input I know but f+3 comes out. Works the same way with Kazuya's running f+3. I think I'll stick with this...
Signature A warrior from a group of islands far to the southeast. Dubbed as "sugarol", which literally means gambler in his native land, as he used to spend his free time gambling. Though successful in it, he decided to mend his ways as he realized it was no different from stealing. He kept his name as a constant reminder of his past but it later evolved to what he is known now, Sugar Roll.
gamerTLT
1st Dan
PSN: Big_Boy1986_PL
XBL: xTLTxgamerPL
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
I practice the wall combo with bryan/bruce. In snow castle by the wall i start with bruce 3+4, d+3+4 B (Bry) b+2,1 (cancel by sidestep) f+4,1 (Bru) f+3, b/d+2,1,4.

Bryan's b+2,1 SSC f+4... bruce allready tags out mostly i dunno why i what's this all about maybe character. Everything's when fine on Jaycee but wiht Marduk i have this problem during b+2,1 SSC f+4... Bruce tags out i dunno what's this all about with the giant character or somethin or on giants this combo is impossible to do or what...

Last edited by gamerTLT on Jan 28th, 2014 at 18:17

Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
Stance/string cancel TA combos like b+2,1~u does not work on marduk and JP since they fall faster on the wall, so you will have to use something simpler .
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
ARESone
Champion
PSN: ARES_one
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
Are my options after ch 1+2 still the same?

Sorry haven't touched the game for a while (2012) and forgot a lot.
Cpt_Manlover
Kyu
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
After 1+2 you can do 3,3,2 ff4 B!, or if youre at the wall you can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-AciTpGEqM
RollTide8569
Champion
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
^ they can block and duck 332 and launch you. The b+4 is blockable too if they hold back. worth a try though

You can get a free 2,3 or 1,4 if they hold back to block (you can also get a back throw). If they hold down a d+4 or the second hit of 2,3 will hit. But all those options can get beat by a backturned uf+4 and will launch you.

Mr. Naps made a post about the CH 1+2 Metagame in the T6 Bryan forum but I haven't been able to find it again.

Roll Tide Roll!
Mr. NAPS
ProBum 24/7
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RollTide8569
Mr. Naps made a post about the CH 1+2 Metagame in the T6 Bryan forum but I haven't been able to find it again.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot I made this.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...706#post4310706

All of this info holds true in this game, seeing as how it's the same advantage on CH (+5) and same BT system. As long as you understand that it takes 7f to turn around and block by holding back, and takes a hell of a while to turn around by holding d/b or holding back and then d/b to block low, then it all makes sense.
Signature EmphyNAPS, @l33temphasys.com(?) <SCGschool>
1. Calm down
2. Run around
4. Throw shit out
I'll just save #3 for when I need it.
godaftonjuice
Champion
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it worth ending Bryan's combos with d/b+2 sometimes, flipping them over? What kind of oki scenario does this ender represent?
RollTide8569
Champion
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
It's worth it to me. You get dash up Soccer kick if they stay down. Soccer kick will also launch (T6 Style) if they stand up. Or can dash up and taunt as they stand up.

Roll Tide Roll!
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#180 “Quote” Edit Post
i don't think soccer kick actually hits grounded if they're FD/FT unless you're off axis. after db+2 combo enders you have to either dash and ss (which takes quite a long time), or do another ground hit like d+4 or d+3+4.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.