Your HDTV settings

Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
EmpathicMimicry
Iron Fist God
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Right, I'm about to get my first HDTV. My biggest worry is if it's only capable of 720 resolution (which is most likely what I'm going to get) and not 1080, is that going to be outdated in a short length of time?
BlackViper55
War Lord
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane

I also tested HDMI cable vs HDMI to DVI cable ...

the HDMI to DVI cable is significantly better than just a straight HDMI cable. I cannot stress this enough ... there really is an enormous difference ...

wtf, neither of the HDTVs here at my house support DVI...
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
ConfuciusQ
Dragon Lord
PSN: Confuey
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anyone tried playing on some of the larger LED TVs, >60"? Any info about lag, manufacturers/models, cables, settings, etc. would be appreciated.
Sk37ch
Legend
PSN: Sketchstation3
XBL: Sketch on 360
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a question.

Short Version: Does anyone have a good solution to how I would go about hooking up my PS3 to the Asus VH236H via component cables? I've seen component to HDMI converters on ebay and amazon. I just wanted a specific suggestion (taking into consideration lag and such) so I don't waste any money.

Long Version: I have an HDPVR 2 Gaming Edition Capture Device that I have my PS3 hooked up to. The best/only way (that I know of) to use this device with the PS3 is to hook the PS3 up to the capture device via component cable. You then hook up an HDMI cable from the capture device to the monitor (passthrough capatbility); there is a USB cable from the capture device to your PC so you can capture video game play. The passthrough capability is fine. There isn't any lag or anything. But sometimes if my computer is off of goes to sleep, the PS3 display will not work. I would like to provide a direct feed from my PS3 to my monitor by splitting the component cables and having one to the capture device and one to my monitor (and then convert the component signal to HDMI and/orDVI).

Any suggestions?
Signature
Rocktar
Shihan
PSN: rocktar
XBL: FineBottledWate
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ConfuciusQ
Has anyone tried playing on some of the larger LED TVs, >60"? Any info about lag, manufacturers/models, cables, settings, etc. would be appreciated.

I believe that my TV is a Panasonic Plasma TC-P60ST30 gaming mode using HDMI. It was on sale at Costco for ~900 USD.

The screen is a bit dark in my opinion. I had to accessorize my windows to minimize the ambient light in my living room.

Then again, TTT2 has been lagging so bad on my 35/35 FIOS starting around December 2012. So if you are in the same boat as me, praying might be a better choice instead of blowing cash on a new TV.
hwoarang_28
Virtuoso
PSN: HuntingHawk89
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
How much of a difference do dvi cables make and what monitor setups do tournaments have?
gamerTLT
1st Dan
PSN: Big_Boy1986_PL
XBL: xTLTxgamerPL
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi. Does anyone can tell me about Sharp LC-32LD145E is it laggy or not ?
SilentNocturne
Sage
PSN: PhantomJ
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Would using Component AV Cables (Analog signal) instead of HDMI (Digital signal) on a PS3 help reduce input lag? I'm going by the logic that CRTs have no input lag, and they use an analog signal. Or is it more of a source/display issue more than a cable issue? Please advise.
Signature :부..붕권이 들어갔어요...
:아...레이지 카운터 클린히트다...

Steam: ndjn3979
PSN: PhantomJ
Guregu
ikuikuikuiku
PSN: Guregu
XBL: Guregu
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SilentNocturne
Would using Component AV Cables (Analog signal) instead of HDMI (Digital signal) on a PS3 help reduce input lag? I'm going by the logic that CRTs have no input lag, and they use an analog signal. Or is it more of a source/display issue more than a cable issue? Please advise.

Most likely not. It is a combination of the source and the amount of image processing that the display does (in a particular mode). As Kane said earlier, game mode should help reduce the lag/processing to some extent but will not eliminate it completely. Especially on larger HD TVs on the market today.

I am in the market for a new tv and am leaning towards the Sony KDL W900a or 802a. These two 55" models have only 17 and 19 ms of lag according to displaylag.com. This is pretty good for a large tv. Most larger displays have at least 30 ms of input lag give or take.

I will post my results when the tv arrives.
Signature
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys i recently got the Samsung 3D LED Smart TV
this one

does anyone know how can i adjust the picture settings so that the output graphics look like it would in the Sony Bravia LCD TV,the 2008 model
this one
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
dogstick
1st Dan
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys! My tv recently resigned(after 5 years) and im planning to buy a new 1.

Will this tv be good for ttt2? Toshiba 32P1300?

Thanks in advance!
dogstick
1st Dan
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello again guys! Now i got this toshiba 32P1300 and the default picture settings(game mode)are as follows:

3d colour management=off
Contrast=95
Brightness=50
Colour=50
Tint=0
Sharpness=0
Contrast booster=middle(can be off, low, middle or high)
Cinema mode=off
Colour temp.=natural(cool or warm options are there.

Can somebody please give me the recommended settings for this tv because it's not that similar to the settings on the 1st page. Thank you!
TheMightyJun
2nd Dan
PSN: Itsnotmeitsyou90
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Havent been able to test mine out yet, but my new 40 inch lcd TV doesn't have RCA connections, so i have no choice but to use straight HDMI for both my ps3 and my ps4! testing out online tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
Signature The Mighty Jun, coming to a lobby near you
[kuni]
STK
Master
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Been asking around. Does anyone know of any HDTV with low to unnoticeable lag? Looking for something around 32in. Trying to upgrade for the new consoles.
Mingriah
Make TZ Great Again
PSN: mingriah
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by STK
Been asking around. Does anyone know of any HDTV with low to unnoticeable lag? Looking for something around 32in. Trying to upgrade for the new consoles.

at around 32 in. youll likely find something not sub 1 frame, but a little over; this samsungs a good example of what you're looking for

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078LSTWU/?tag=dislag-20 at 26ms of lag (according to display lag), which is a bit under 2 frames (like 1.5 frames) of lag. Its not too noticeable unless you play on monitors with near zero lag all the time, in which case its not too bad imo

if you want less lag you will have to get a smaller monitor or a bigger tv model with less lag (models are on displaylag.com if you wanna check it out)
Signature Please; call me FreeChaolan

Apparently Eliza's not in TTT2 because drunk Japanese can go super saiyan.

that feel when...laggy TV
STK
Master
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mingriah
at around 32 in. youll likely find something not sub 1 frame, but a little over; this samsungs a good example of what you're looking for

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078LSTWU/?tag=dislag-20 at 26ms of lag (according to display lag), which is a bit under 2 frames (like 1.5 frames) of lag. Its not too noticeable unless you play on monitors with near zero lag all the time, in which case its not too bad imo

if you want less lag you will have to get a smaller monitor or a bigger tv model with less lag (models are on displaylag.com if you wanna check it out)

thanks