Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#301 “Quote” Edit Post
My two cents:

How many characters can even punish df+2? I remember Bryan as being one of the only ones, but rewatching Misty vs. Knee's TC match and Knee doesn't even try to punish it once... this is the Knee who punishes everything. I'd say if you're not against a Jack/Marduk etc. who really wants to punish it, just poke it at max range and duck if they try to jab retaliate.

Having RLX 4~3 parried shouldn't stop you from doing RLX 4~3... low parry combos are like nothing. Also from what I've seen of players who always go for the parry, a good number of them will choose to duck in clutch RLX situations so that's knowledge you can use against them. Also a lot of them forget to punish RLX 3 or RLX 1...

Float juggle is like low parry, its not threatening enough and depending on how you're getting floated, just do different moves.

I use RLX 2 a lot, I find it works well against people holding sidewalk. Though I guess it would make sense it could be stepped.

If they're pressing a button immediately after b+1,4, you can finish the string...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#302 “Quote” Edit Post
Against palyer that can punish eddy really well, especially launch him from eg. b33....
I play much carefully against them.

Its the same situation when with other character u play against good player. If he dont punish u, u can abuse certain moves. '

If ur opp dont punish eg b33, abuse them.

My q... how do u feel double capos vs eddy/christie + ur partner? in ATP they were talkin bout that clone teams are better in the clutch. imo eddy and ur partner is better cuz it has more variety. what do u think?
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
PSN: Ron_Vong
#303 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yoloswag
My q... how do u feel double capos vs eddy/christie + ur partner? in ATP they were talkin bout that clone teams are better in the clutch. imo eddy and ur partner is better cuz it has more variety. what do u think?

Capo + Non capo usually = better damage. The good thing about Double Capo though is the synergy is excellent and also you don't have to think about different moves and styles with two different characters... you can use that energy instead to focus on fundamentals like blocking, whiff punishing, punishing, etc. It's about keeping things simple.
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TekkenOnlineMatchmaking/
Current Highest Rank: Fujin
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#304 “Quote” Edit Post
The Aris podcast talks specifically about playing in tournament, not playing online or playing in the arcade on a regular basis. So yeah, for a clutch tournament situation where you're going to play 2/3 set against someone who you may never have played before and probably will not play with on a regular basis, being able to have a clone character is a big advantage.

For the record I don't play tournament, I play arcade on a regular basis, and my experience is that Capos are one of the harder characters to use as its 1) very easy to get stuck in habits with them since, even though they have a million moves and even some custom strings, a lot of moves are very situational and require a lot of research to learn how to use well, and 2) Capos lack a lot of tools that make top tier characters top tier. So having one character is both a blessing and a curse, it allows you to focus on your one character (which for a hard-work characters like Capos, is pretty helpful) but at the same time it can make the characters' weaknesses more apparent.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
yoloswag
Shihan
#305 “Quote” Edit Post
Even tho its a tournament... When u play with double Capos vs Eddy/christie + ur partner will be much diffent. I think its more bout whats ur potential as a player to use these characters. Its what u like personally.

I like bout that there are more variety. Its more fun. Do i want to play with closes? No. Its more boring. Im having more fun with eddy+ogre2. And when im having more fun, i play better.

I understand that Itz simple that u have only 1 character, but thf coin has itz other side.

U have 1 unique character which means If ur opp is very good against Eddy, its not good thing. If u had picked eg. True ogre and he would have hard time against him.

U loose the match with Capos. If u had picked true ogre, he would have loose cuz he hadnt knew true ogre.

I think its more bout:

- are u confident with ur team?
- does the playstyle Fit u with 2 same characters?
- ur character vs opp character?
- ur potential as a player

When im playing with double Capos,(or Any clone team) i find myself doin a lot of bad stuff.

I try to keep Things simple as i can but i think 1 capo + ur other character is overall better atleast for myself. I think its more bout how u feel urself cuz u Cant really prove which is better.

Damn my English sucks nowdays lol
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#306 “Quote” Edit Post
The idea is in tournament that things are so clutch that you have to play at the best of your game 100% of the time since you only have a couple of matches to prove yourself. There's no denying that the best tournament performing Capos tend to run double Capos... Neither of us (and most players worldwide, honestly) plays tournament as often as someone as Aris does (who it seems pretty much only wants to play tournament and doesn't really seem to want to play matches outside of that). Just thinking about my TT2 experience, I have 11,000+ arcade matches (spanning two TT2 cards), 700 or so online matches and like, less than 50 tournament matches under my belt.

Obviously having a different character is fun but double Capos can also be quite enjoyable.

However, in long sets outside of a tournament situation I feel double Capos are quite a lot harder to use than people give credit for... like you mentioned in your post, its easier to get stuck in habits with them.

For the record my main team is not double Capos either.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
xnahzgulx
Kyu
#307 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
My two cents:

How many characters can even punish df+2? I remember Bryan as being one of the only ones, but rewatching Misty vs. Knee's TC match and Knee doesn't even try to punish it once... this is the Knee who punishes everything. I'd say if you're not against a Jack/Marduk etc. who really wants to punish it, just poke it at max range and duck if they try to jab retaliate.

Having RLX 4~3 parried shouldn't stop you from doing RLX 4~3... low parry combos are like nothing. Also from what I've seen of players who always go for the parry, a good number of them will choose to duck in clutch RLX situations so that's knowledge you can use against them. Also a lot of them forget to punish RLX 3 or RLX 1...

Float juggle is like low parry, its not threatening enough and depending on how you're getting floated, just do different moves.

I use RLX 2 a lot, I find it works well against people holding sidewalk. Though I guess it would make sense it could be stepped.

If they're pressing a button immediately after b+1,4, you can finish the string...

Bob can punish very well eddy´s d/f+2 with 1,1,2 and with b+2,2 punish RLX stances
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#308 “Quote” Edit Post
I think its worth adding that df+2 is a i10 punish, which is notoriously easy to mess up in this game if its not part of a canned string. A technique Koreans used to do in BR (not sure if they do anymore) is buffer in a very quick 1-2 frame duck after say, a hopkick or something, fast enough to duck highs but still able to block mids. A player only needs to be launched once when messing up a jab punish on df+2 to think twice about it punishing it again...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
yoloswag
Shihan
#309 “Quote” Edit Post
Messin' round with capos and thought bout heavy low punihers (eg blocked hells sweep). Ws3 does ok damage but noot that much. Against eg hells sweep eddy can get f4 as a punisher. f4 combo is all NC which does huge damage. Its not that easy to do but not that hard either. CAn we gather a list where we can list all the moves which f4 can be used as a punisher? Im working on it so if u can help me it would be great!

Just think bout it.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#310 “Quote” Edit Post
That's a very good idea but there aren't very many moves that give THAT much stun... mainly just huge sweeps

delayed ws+1,3 does more damage than ws+3 thanks to Tag system.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
yoloswag
Shihan
#311 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
That's a very good idea but there aren't very many moves that give THAT much stun... mainly just huge sweeps

delayed ws+1,3 does more damage than ws+3 thanks to Tag system.

Yeah but ws1 is high and it whiffs somethimes... f4 is pure mid.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#312 “Quote” Edit Post
That's why I wrote *delayed* ws+1,3
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
PSN: ENHEAS_TK
XBL: no x box
#313 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm sure Law's db4 can be punished of Eddy's f4 consistently.

all you have to do is check the framelist for similar on block windows.

Best and consistent way to punish hell sweep is with uf,n,4. Ihmo
yoloswag
Shihan
#314 “Quote” Edit Post
What are u using after balcony break? I am using f4, qcf3 or b3+4 f there are no chance of b!

f4 is really good cuz there are some dirty setups. f4 (hits) into HSP f3+4 will hit the opponent even if they tag crashes. but u can play around and do f4 as alone and then backdash. u avoid tag crash boom and get free launcher. b3+4 i think does the most damage. qcf3 is a great way to tag out.
Signature bang bang skrrt skrrt
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#315 “Quote” Edit Post
What is capos fastest move out of Relax?
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#316 “Quote” Edit Post
RLX4
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
math_law
Champion
PSN: math_law_tr
#317 “Quote” Edit Post
Folks any tips on qcf+3 after NH df+2 ??

After dashing most of the time I get df+3 instead or too late and my opponent rolls back ?
I see , jundding and most high level Chreddys execute almost all the time.
Any useful practice advice or execution tip ?

My current execution notation is
df2,f,f,N,d,df,f+3

BR
Signature okaradeli is my previous nickname on TZ...
Visit Turkey Tekken academy
www.tekken-turkey.com
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
PSN: Ron_Vong
#318 “Quote” Edit Post
Can anybody explain the Reset at 8:02 of this video? 8:05 specifically but juggle starts at 8:02?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D397snHbRng&t=482
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TekkenOnlineMatchmaking/
Current Highest Rank: Fujin
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#319 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a run of the mill reset... drops the combo after bound and resets with RLX2
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"