Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MmickeysS
Champion
PSN: MmickeysS
#581 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Slash kicks generally have some weird-ass tracking that you just have to deal with, but I don't think Ling can get a combo if it catches you sidestepping/walking and you also won't have to deal with the mixup.

As long as you don't press any button before she completes the move, you'll sidestep it 100% of the time. Pressing anything while a move is active instantly inflates your own hurt box, leading to moves looking like they have crazy tracking.
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#582 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MmickeysS
As long as you don't press any button before she completes the move, you'll sidestep it 100% of the time. Pressing anything while a move is active instantly inflates your own hurt box, leading to moves looking like they have crazy tracking.

Right. So basically you have to try to sidestep the move before the animation even begins.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Landonio
4th Dan
PSN: iLandonio
XBL: i Landonio i
#583 “Quote” Edit Post
Any tips for parry-happy Asukas with Law? I'm not really good at chickening, especially online. Shit's unbelievably annoying. Any good option selects for it? If Law had more than just 1 unparryable high/mid (db2), or a knee/elbow/shoulder/low that led to a full combo (like King, Bryan, etc.), it wouldn't be as rough of a matchup. I'm thinking about just switching to Josie for this matchup.
Signature All you gotta do is look up in dat tree.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#584 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Landonio
Any tips for parry-happy Asukas with Law? I'm not really good at chickening, especially online. Shit's unbelievably annoying. Any good option selects for it? If Law had more than just 1 unparryable high/mid (db2), or a knee/elbow/shoulder/low that led to a full combo (like King, Bryan, etc.), it wouldn't be as rough of a matchup. I'm thinking about just switching to Josie for this matchup.

Practicing and getting good at chickening definitely helps but is not necessary.

The best thing you can do is to try to observe when the parries are coming. Most parry-happy Asuka players use the parry after every single move (especially when it's your turn to attack) or after specific moves (d+3+4 into parry is a classic example). Usually they also hold the parry and if you're able to bait it out, you can launch them for free.

Lows are also a good option since they can't be parried. Throws beat the parry as well but can still be broken, though parry-spamming Asukas probably don't know how to do that. I recommend using command throws (Law's f,f+3+4 is excellent) just in case they just happen to mash 1 or 2 while they're parrying.

In all honesty, though, you should be beating parrying Asukas for free. It's such an old and worn-out strategy that I actually can't believe it would ever work in 2018.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
Landonio
4th Dan
#585 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Practicing and getting good at chickening definitely helps but is not necessary.

The best thing you can do is to try to observe when the parries are coming. Most parry-happy Asuka players use the parry after every single move (especially when it's your turn to attack) or after specific moves (d+3+4 into parry is a classic example). Usually they also hold the parry and if you're able to bait it out, you can launch them for free.

Lows are also a good option since they can't be parried. Throws beat the parry as well but can still be broken, though parry-spamming Asukas probably don't know how to do that. I recommend using command throws (Law's f,f+3+4 is excellent) just in case they just happen to mash 1 or 2 while they're parrying.

In all honesty, though, you should be beating parrying Asukas for free. It's such an old and worn-out strategy that I actually can't believe it would ever work in 2018.

Well I'm not an experienced Tekken player. I'm a SoulCal player. The last Tekken I played a ton of was T3 like 20 years ago, and that was when I was young and trash. I skipped 4, 5, and 6, and only played a little Tag 2. I have no experience with anything like this, and I'm used to it being my turn after blocking, which is how it is in like 99% of fighting games. Difficult to untrain that (and for a single matchup) after 20+ years of playing fighters.

But yeah, I figured Law's attack throw was a good option. Lows aren't bad either but Asuka has some decent low crush options, so it can be a tricky situation.
Ashesfall
Fighter
PSN: only on PC
#586 “Quote” Edit Post
^you can also try to build in more fff3(wr3) with law, as you cant parry those attacks
also more throws can help here
Signature FahKumRam - 11/10 most badass new fighter in History of Fighting games - i bow before the TekkenTeam
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
i vote for Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu in Season4 - Lets GO!
Landonio
4th Dan
#587 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
^you can also try to build in more fff3(wr3) with law, as you cant parry those attacks
also more throws can help here

Noted. Thanks.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#588 “Quote” Edit Post
You just have to try to stay patient, even if it sometimes means giving up your turn. You can't get overaggressive because that's what the Asuka player is looking for. Again, I want to emphasize the importance of observing when the parries generally come. Keep in mind that you can launch any failed attempt at the long parry as the parrying frames actually become inactive before the animation ends. I suggest using the fantastic practice mode T7 offers to get the timing right.
CandyLander
Lone Wolf
PSN: Candy_Lander
#589 “Quote” Edit Post
So, I haven't bought T7 yet. Do yoiu think I should wait for some definitivo edition thatgcomes with all DLC, or just get it now ?
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#590 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CandyLander
So, I haven't bought T7 yet. Do yoiu think I should wait for some definitivo edition thatgcomes with all DLC, or just get it now ?

There suppose to be a version that comes with season 1 coming this month... but they might stamp a full 60.00 to it, especially a digital version..... with season 2 that's 85$

you can probably get a copy of T7 right now for 20$ or less... add both passes and its 75$... so for a 10 dollar difference, its not a huge difference what option you take
Ashesfall
Fighter
PSN: only on PC
#591 “Quote” Edit Post
^for PC-Steam (i could easy recommend) you can get the "deluxe" edition for 30$ at a key seller.
mmoga.com for example (serious side)

extra content
eliza = extra 5$
season 2 (release 6.9.18) = 25$

ps: deluxe edition is base game + season pass 1
Signature FahKumRam - 11/10 most badass new fighter in History of Fighting games - i bow before the TekkenTeam
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
i vote for Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu in Season4 - Lets GO!
Hasaldo
7th Dan
#592 “Quote” Edit Post
I bought the season pass on ps4 and got anna and lei, but the school thingy customes and TWT shirts are missing. I can see them in customization but they are locked. Can't find anything in the ps store either. Anyone know how to fix this or am I missing something?
effin_chizzy
Kyu
#593 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hasaldo
I bought the season pass on ps4 and got anna and lei, but the school thingy customes and TWT shirts are missing. I can see them in customization but they are locked. Can't find anything in the ps store either. Anyone know how to fix this or am I missing something?

I am also having this issue and would love a solution. I tried restoring licences and i have uninstalled tekken and i am currently downloading it again to see if that resolves the issue. I am also on ps4 but it might be worth noting the console i play on is not set as my default ps4

Edit: after reinstalling it did not fix the issue

Last edited by effin_chizzy on Sep 9th, 2018 at 00:07

Landonio
4th Dan
#594 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there any reason why CutCC's anti Eliza divekick pressure tech shown in this vid isn't working?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fzfAze9AA

I never tried it pre-patch, so I have no idea if this is a change or not. If so, I don't think it was listed in the notes. Basically you can't sidestep left after a blocked divekick. You always get tagged by the d1. Any idea what's happening here?
Nomeiyo
Kyu
PSN: I'm on PC, boi
#595 “Quote” Edit Post
I posted a question in the Kazuya strategies forum but I thought I'd branch out and ask here too.

So I'm a relatively new player (Tekken 7 is my first game) and I've been playing for a little over a year. I main Kazuya and I mostly play ranked online and I'm currently in the high green/low yellow ranks.

I had a question about dealing with up close pressure. I seem to get destroyed by fast safe characters like Law. I try to create space and backdash but I only get rushed down and barraged at range 0 with jab strings, df1, db3,f1+2, and other safe pokes. It isn't one specific move that's beating me, but the hard close range safe mixups. There isn't much I can do other than dickjab and f2 powercrush to keep pressure off. I try my best to whiff punish with 1,1 and b1, 2 and EWGF, but I always end up getting counter hit launched.

Any tips for defending against hyper-aggression and how to gain advantage when being hard pressured?
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#596 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nomeiyo
I posted a question in the Kazuya strategies forum but I thought I'd branch out and ask here too.

So I'm a relatively new player (Tekken 7 is my first game) and I've been playing for a little over a year. I main Kazuya and I mostly play ranked online and I'm currently in the high green/low yellow ranks.

I had a question about dealing with up close pressure. I seem to get destroyed by fast safe characters like Law. I try to create space and backdash but I only get rushed down and barraged at range 0 with jab strings, df1, db3,f1+2, and other safe pokes. It isn't one specific move that's beating me, but the hard close range safe mixups. There isn't much I can do other than dickjab and f2 powercrush to keep pressure off. I try my best to whiff punish with 1,1 and b1, 2 and EWGF, but I always end up getting counter hit launched.

Any tips for defending against hyper-aggression and how to gain advantage when being hard pressured?

Kazuya has very limited anti-pressure tools so you'd be better off using universal ways to handle pressure, such as sidestepping/walking and duck jabs. On block, you can try to interrupt since hyper aggressive players don't tend to sidestep and just aim to keep the pressure going, leaving them wide open. As a last resort, you can use Kazuya's b+1+2 to some extent as it has some evasive properties and launches on CH (and gives a free PEWGF if you have the execution) but it's a bit less useful in S2 being -12 on block.
M0B
War Lord
#597 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the issue with bryans rage art, when only the first few frames of his animation come out, but not the actual rage art? It rarely happened before season 2, but now it happends a lot more.
gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#598 “Quote” Edit Post
Are there any comparable moves to how fast Asuka starts low crushing? She gets off the floor so fast.
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#599 “Quote” Edit Post
^^^ You mean her Can-Cans? Lei's u/f+3 gets off the floor just as fast.
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#600 “Quote” Edit Post
Ya meant her can cans. Thanks.

Tested it. Asuka can crush leiís BT D1 after getting hit by BT d1. Lee canít with uf3. Asukaís can can must get off the floor in 6 frames or quicker for this to work. Guess can can is still in a league of its own.

Last edited by gettingfood on Sep 18th, 2018 at 01:37