Page Splits 1...<23456>...14
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
noobkken
Iron Fist God
PSN: Launch+
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey zenith i haven't tried those yet, will remember to do so when i'm down the next couple of days. I believe d/b3,3 is input the same way out of fla? I'll confirm it next time. Anyway d/b3,3 is really unreliable, 2nd hit whiffs when you need it the most. Avoid this move pls!

Seems like nothing guaranteed after 1+2,4. Mixups at most. ff+3 did indeed feel like it gives advantage on block. I'll need to test more, but so far its a move that's almost screaming abuse!
Signature < LCD- > | < TKSG > | < Launch+ > | (Lounge+
E C
-
XBL: E C xL
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
So it's a 100% instead of an infinite. Still doesn't make it any better; just an argument over semantics.

Anyway, how do the "now 100% trackable" long range throws do against the triple sidestep?
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
fla b+3 forces crouch on block, and seems to give a nice bit of advantage. d/f+4,4 so far seems uninterruptible, no surprise since its 11 frames. Its indeed a good pressure tool, but you would have to condition your opp to block first, seeing as its not so fast. Range is still pretty lacking, too.

I think i did d/f+3 out of fla just by doing b+3, d/f+3. Did it only once, accidentally, though seeing as i did snake kicks by just doing b+3, d+3,3,3, seems like there's no longer a need to buffer 3 and use 4 for the regular stance left kicks out of fla. Gotta confirm this. I still fla waved with 3 buffered all along, so the buffer style still works, even if its really changed.

Didn't have the chance to test long throw vs triple ss. But i did see long throw track a sidewalker. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Chrysander
Iron Fist God
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
infinite = combo that you can do indefinitely, and will always kill them
100% = combo that is finite, but kills them on a specific lifebar setting

Right? So it's one or the other, but it doesn't matter to me, I just work here

Last edited by Chrysander on Dec 22nd, 2005 at 03:32

Signature My Youtube Channel
Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't like bandwagoners, too. I use Baek (since Tag) since he's not that popular and not everyone can master his flamingo cancels. I know a lot

of people who don't use Baek because they hate learning his cancels. So now, if using 3-based moves from flamingo no longer requires

buffering/holding 3, then that's one more reason for non-Baek players to use him.

Some Q's:
1. Is WS+3,4,4 still guaranteed after the first hit (as it is in 5.0)?
2. How slow in frames is d/b+2? how about the recovery on hit and block?
RedfooT
Ownage of Motherage
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Marduck
--be prepared for the baek bandwagon jumpers.

CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!

hahaha...

Man, all the OG Baek players are going to have to start sharing seats because there is going to be no more room on this bandwagon, lol...
Signature "Some guy in California, his name is RedfooT" The Usual Suspects

along with my friend,

"Some guy in North Korea, his name is tomhilfiger" The Usual Communist
Stringer
nothing to lose
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RedfooT
Man, all the OG Baek players are going to have to start sharing seats because there is going to be no more room on this bandwagon, lol...

I know, right...
but I heard that little 100% combos about to get the patch... that's just what I heard...

DbLoCk StRiNg
H-F Blade
Master
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Hrm...now the bt death combo probably needs fixing but I would feel no remorse using it if someone was using something of similar nature against me. In that case, I'm just balancing the scales. But I've used Baek since TTT as well and I play him for fun and I would hate for him to be ruined because of some bugs.
zenith
Shihan
PSN: Zennith
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
If they do patch Baeks 100% combo it would be a good thing but hopefully they will also fix these random whiffs I have been hearing about while they are at it.
Stringer
nothing to lose
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
no remorse at all, as far as I'm concerned I am VERY happy w/ alot that I've heard...

DbLoCk StRiNg
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't believe i forgot to mention this.. this one time, my d/f+2 evaded a jab. omfg. I'm not having much opportunity these days to test, though i'll try to. This is almost too good to be true, if the anti-high properties come back.

I'll try and remember to test fla cancel inputs too. Too much stuff to test!
Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, please confirm if we can still do the old way of cancelling into 3-based kicks. I think it would be a hard habit to break for Baek old-timers.
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
omg its true. Left kick moves out of fla can be done just by using 3. fla wave can be done by pressing just d/f+3,f, d/f+3, f... Only thing that can't be done is standing 3, i believe.

Old method of buffering 3 still works, i've been using that since day1 and its a habit i just might keep.

Nothing ground-breaking, but i suppose this makes baek friendlier to new players. Not able to test d/f+2 yet..
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
battousai: fla cancels are still similar to 5.0 and 5.1 when I played it.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
elfty
Deity
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
whats up folks. i am in hong kong and they have 3 DR machines at this one arcade. I got to play it a few times. Just a side note, the tekken scene in HK is pretty huge, and I am very impressed by the level of play. When I came here last year, everyone totally sucked, and didn't even know the most damaging juggles for their main characters, but now its totally different: people's spacing and movement is a lot better. GO HK!

Now to baek, I haven't had a chance to play a lot but IMO it takes a while to get used to his new feel and animations (maybe it could be because I haven't played tekken in a long time). Everything on the forums is right (eg FLA d+3 to do the d+3 fla cancel). The combos are all the same, I've tried to play around with d/f+2 f+2,1 1,2,3~f etc, but that doesn't work. I have yet to try the infinite, i'll try that tomorrow nite and let you guys know whats good.

d/b+2 is fucking AWESOME, REALLLLLLLY good damage... d/b+4 WS 44,3~F to d/b+2 is damn sweet.

In all, the game is different.... i had to play the game for a while to get all the timing back for baek. I'll let you guys know about d/f+2 and the infinite.
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been playing DR for a while now, baek is really great..
-> info- 1+2, 4.. d/b+4 is not guaranteed
hey, could someone explain to me the reason why sometimes, my f, d/f+4 whiffs on standing opponents?
Signature (PMS)

Wulong_Master
Expert
PSN: solidusfox1
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
God, i'm so freaking jealous of you guys. I desperately want to play Tekken 5 DR, but here in the netherlands there are no arcades with DR.

I hear a lot of good stuff about Beak and I am curious where you guys rank him now between the other fighters. Also the infinite, I have seen it a couple of times in the posts, but what is it exactly? and are there any vids of it?
Signature They thought I was out of the game, but I hold all the cards now...
Ey! That's my line!
Finally found you, you're under arrest!
Awww, crap...
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Baek guys got a question. Does Baek's CD+3 Tech Highs in DR? I mean I was just wondering. It's a i17, Mid hitting, launcher, out of CD seems like it would Tech Highs. I am just wondering. Also how well does it track? I want to know this for DR only. This move just interests me. That's all.

Also what are some standared good damaging combos from it. Non-wall and Wall. Please.

Thank you very much.
Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
Marduck
5th Dan
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
Version B came out in Japan. Baek got the short end of the stick.. death combo no more. i can live with that. (heel lance doesnt work after the triple punch combo any more)

BUT

d+2 now has longer recovery on block. ten frame 1,2 was guaranteed on block, but now who knows.. i'm not sure just exactly how much more delay it got, but let's just hope it's something like -13 only......... fucking namco!!
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduck: What other changes are there to baek? When you say heel lance doesn't work after triple punch combo, what aspect did they change? i.e.: does heel lance no longer launch from behind? If it still does then maybe f+2,1, f+2,1 will work? or does the resulting hit of the last 2 give a different kind of stun?

Are you also saying that d+2 makes baek's recovery longer or are you saying that d+2 makes the opponents guard stun to be greater?
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif