Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#221 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Haseeb_Zaibatsu
One and a half month of constant crying and moaning of Tekken community and pro players about this character, they didn't release a single patch. Why do the developers gotta be so obnoxious?
It's a mysterious problem to me on developers end, where they ruined such a huge international tournament, just to nerf the character later.
They obviously want their last original tekken character made that follows the classic philosophy of the franchise when it started, I mean characters based on martial artist that were also movie stars from the 70's onwards, to be noticed. They wanted to show the good work and love they've put on to Leroy in what It comes, specially, to his fighting style which thank God is again a real one, and Evo Japan is the perfect stage to show this off.

Just look at some Leroy moves and stances. It is an amazing portrayal of Donnie Yen's IP man. They just wanted to show this off, among other things because wing-chun has been the most requested fighting style to hit tekken since the first ip man movie was released.

They too obviously wanted to evaluate the character at Evo at the hands of the pros, rather than basing them decisions on the cries and moans of everyone. So once Evo is over, Leroy will get his subsequent set of Nerfs in the areas devs see fit.

Originally posted by Haseeb_Zaibatsu Season 3 has been awful for me so far. Buffing wall carry and damage on every character, 70% 75% off a single combo is usual business in season 3.
Yeah same here. I still remember Murray saying, when tekken7 was released, that they didn't want t7 to be heavy combo stuff like tag2 due to obvious reason, as the franchise was about to dissapear after the failure. And now in season3 here we go again. Everyone doing sick wall carries; retarded hitboxes during combos to ensure you hit even from absurd distances in the air; roflmao juggle damage, etc = back to tag2 with tekken7 then now, Murray?

Originally posted by Haseeb_Zaibatsu Bloated roster
The more characters the better. Problem is when they add 2d guests and stupid things like Eliza and such, but if they were originals like Leroy or/and legacy ones?, I'm all for it. That is better than having less characters, always.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#222 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder how they'll nerf Leroy though.

If all they do is only nerf frames on op moves like D1+2, I feel like that would be unsatisfactory.

Making him tougher execution also would be a great way to go, because the character right now is a EZ mode piece of shit that's just not worth all the hype.

But then, that would kind of invalidate book's win since the character wouldn't be the same anymore.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#223 “Quote” Edit Post
People wanted characters with less moves and literally no execution in tekken (Claudio; Saheen; Kazumi etc etc now Leroy)?, ok there you have it.

Everybody repent now?, oh well.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#224 “Quote” Edit Post
Based of the tournament at Evo Jap, b1+2 seems to be the very OP move, so many rounds stolen with just that move lol

Hope Leroy will still be tournament viable tho, of course without being BS, i don't want to see that many Leroys again in Top 8, like not more than 2 Leroys (or 2 of any characters) in Top 8.
Haseeb_Zaibatsu
3rd Dan
PSN: Haseeb-I
XBL: iBurnouts
#225 “Quote” Edit Post
Patch notes are up and he's still OP.
The moves they seriously need to nerf were left completely untouched :

1. D+1+2, easily the most absurd move in the entire game. Untouched.
2. B+1+2 should have been made at least i15 minimum. Untouched.
3. Db3,1+2 , stupid low that tracks both sides and good range. Untouched.
4. His i10 counter hit confirmable string, super spammable and easy to confirm. Untouched.

His orbital was made -8 but does that even matter? He still has his parry to stop the retaliation. They should've made it i24 or i25 so it can't be used as a true 50/50 with his lows. Since the move being at i21 is unseeable now, and no matter how far you connect it from, he can always combo from it using db1. It's absurd how a safe low crushing orbital is only i21.

Cane was made -7 but not like it's a big deal, the move shouldn't exist in the first place, it's 45 damage launcher anyways.

The only SLIGHTLY significant nerf in my opinion was the db1,1+2 being -10, but not like most of the cast gets a lot at i10 anyways. And not like Leroy depended upon that move.

Overall, extremely disappointed and I feel disgusted to even play this game.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#226 “Quote” Edit Post
What surprise me the most is they didn't touch b 1+2. Like really??? Did they actually watched the tournament Evo Japan?!!!

And no changes for 1,1,1+2,1 too , wow.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#227 “Quote” Edit Post
People out there saying the patch was developed a month ago, but they did a delayed release anyway.

I smell another batch of Leroy nerfs coming with fakum.

Atleast replay mode is some good news.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
lightbeast
Legend
#228 “Quote” Edit Post
Holy shit the response to the latest patch

Everyone is now as mad as I was back when they literally deleted the color black from the entire game's customization, lmao. I've not been playing Tekken much lately and I've never even faced a single Leroy yet, but...they can't all be wrong, can they?

I've never seen mass salt like this in an FGC before.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#229 “Quote” Edit Post
Leroy will still be OP just because of b 1+2 and 1,1,1+2,1 that didn't get any change.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#230 “Quote” Edit Post
So https://twitter.com/BNEesports/stat...280909351374848

(Maybe Fahk release date reveal here? Not 100 expecting it, but who knows)
SSfox
Foxstepman
#231 “Quote” Edit Post
Huh... https://twitter.com/BNEesports/stat...501243873062912

Welp, i'm gonna lie if i say i didn't see this coming, specially after CDG being cancelled and Capcom removed 3 CPT tournament from this years SFV tour. Let's hope things will go better in the next few months
wrazor
Champion
#232 “Quote” Edit Post
Is the hype for t7 waning? I am seeing the lowest activity in my region on steam these days and its steadily going down since Leroy fiasco.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#233 “Quote” Edit Post
Doesn't surprise me. A lot of people stopped playing after online became flooded with Leroys. A lot of people moved on and never looked back.

Game companies never learn that pay-to-win is a death knell. One mistake is all it takes to lose the confidence of your customers.
CHANG39
Expert
#234 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wrazor
Is the hype for t7 waning? I am seeing the lowest activity in my region on steam these days and its steadily going down since Leroy fiasco.

Maybe Leroy had something to do with it, but personally for me it's the retarded wall carries that some characters received, T7 was the closest to T5DR in terms of balance and controlled juggles but they felt the need to fuck it up with S3, now it's more like TT2 in terms of wall carries, the game that almost killed the series, at least with TT2 it had a skill ceiling that was brutal but rewarding.
Hopefully they address it in S4 and readjusted the game's balance.