Page Splits 123>...7
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
New Season of Tekken 7 arrives on September 6 so that means a new wave of balance changes to the cast.

The new season isn't live yet but here's a thread to consolidate everything we know about the changes. I'll be starting off with maeckes's breakdown over on the Tekken reddit.

Tekken 7 Balance changes from the Tokyo Tekken Masters stream archive

(2 hours and 9 minutes in)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/299122714

Key comments from the stream:

- New characters introduced in Tekken 7 will get brand new attacks
- New Rage Drives will be given to characters that previously had bad ones like Miguel, Law, Lili, Heihachi, Steve
- Balance changes are focusing on buffing the lesser used characters and moves to increase variety. The data for which move or character to balance comes from general character usage rates and tournament results.

--

TEKKEN 7 Season 2

Edit: All the official Season 2 changes can be found over here:

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/tekken...7-patch-note-20

--

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Sep 5th, 2018 at 18:13

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Wait, Heihachi's RD was considered bad before? I thought it was one of the more decent ones.

And if Law is getting a new RD, why aren't Feng, Leo, Nina and Paul getting new ones? They all have the same wall carry property attached to them.

I'm also pretty sure that King's SS 2 launches on NH and Josie's new move is Bruce's CD+2 from Tekken 5.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
WhiteOni
Lone Wolf
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Just hope that every character gets atleast 1 entirely new move...

But it seems like they will give each character one or 2 tweaks and call it a day… Which i find pretty sad for a "season 2"
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
And if Law is getting a new RD, why aren't Feng, Leo, Nina and Paul getting new ones? They all have the same wall carry property attached to them.
dude, laws rd is completely useless. The others you mentioned are good and can be used often. Ever been hit with a rd deathfist into another deathfist? That shit is strong and painful.
Signature s3:
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm a bit apprehensive about Xiao's AoP 1+2 getting a bounce buff if that means Namco also either removed its CH crumple stun property, increased the move's block recovery, or both. Hopefully it is just an added bonus for when it connects on a normal hit and nothing more.
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
dude, laws rd is completely useless. The others you mentioned are good and can be used often. Ever been hit with a rd deathfist into another deathfist? That shit is strong and painful.

Law's RD has the same wall carry property as the others I listed above. All the wall splatting RDs are trash with the exception of Paul and maybe Nina.

Paul's RD is usable literally only because it's a buffed-up Deathfist. Imagine if his RD was a buffed d+1+2 instead. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good.
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Leo's drive compliments her cancer wall game, I fail to see how you can even consider it to be bad.
Signature t7 sux
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Because her wall game is cancer even without it, same goes for her wall carry. I don't think it does anything "special" for her, which RDs are supposed to do.
GrievousAngel
Expert
PSN: sorrowinthewind
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Law's RD is a seeable low and punishable on block lol, while for example Nina's is 50 damage and is like +100 on block meaning it gives you a free mix up if blocked... how can you compare them?
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I did say "with the exception of maybe Nina..."
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Yoshi's changes are beautiful

WS4, KIN, into anything should be scary after block; deadly after hit

combo from CH Kin 3 just makes the mixup more powerful.... not sure if any of those changes would change his other juggles

I wonder if there are more changes for everyone that wasn't showcased
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GrievousAngel
Law's RD is a seeable low and punishable on block lol, while for example Nina's is 50 damage and is like +100 on block meaning it gives you a free mix up if blocked... how can you compare them?

If only Nina’s RD was +100 on block lol

Nina’s RD is the second best RD for wallsplating ( or maybe first) and unlike Paul’s she can go to qcf ( and even more + frames on block) So hers is better defensively and whiff wise, Paul’s does more dmg
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
MmickeysS
Virtuoso
PSN: MmickeysS
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Bob needs a new rage drive badly, or an update to his current one. Any of the following will do
- faster to come out
- simpler input
- second hit to recover better so that there's more guaranteed than a FC d/f+4
- ROL 1, ROL 2 and ROL 3+4 to KND for massive damage, ROL 4 to launch better, ROL 3 to be unblockable or give guaranteed hits on block.
- ROL 3+4 to be guaranteed on hit for unscaled damage.
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
WhiteOni
Lone Wolf
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Lee and Miguel desperatly need new Rage Drives
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
For Miguel, I'm hoping it's something that actually does damage. He really needs something with good range, maybe a NH launcher?
Hasaldo
6th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Law's RD has the same wall carry property as the others I listed above. All the wall splatting RDs are trash with the exception of Paul and maybe Nina.

Paul's RD is usable literally only because it's a buffed-up Deathfist. Imagine if his RD was a buffed d+1+2 instead. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

Law RD wallsplatting is even worse than that. With Paul, feng Nina etc. you get the kind of wallsplat where you have a resplat opportunity. Law's just gives a 'normal' wallsplat.

Furthermore, when you do, let's say, launcher, 4,u+3, b+2, b+21(tailspin) into RD for wallcarry. you'll get a wallsplat where 9 out of ten times you can't hit 4,3,dss f+3. So it's just better to use his normal wallcarry which is really! good anyway (with launcher, 4,u+3 dash 123, b+21(tailspin), 3+4). So it's completely useless inside combos in my opinion.

As for outside combos, as someone mentioned, it's a seeable low which is also punishable on block.

So in my opinion it's the most useless RD, or at least top 3 most useless. But I have to say it's flashy as f**k when you get the super slowmo with a legend kick XD
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm just not too big on the wall splatting RDs, especially for combos. Paul is kind of an exception since it's not only a better Deathfist but his wall carry is not as good as the rest. Leo, Nina and Law all have good wall carries without the RD and Feng doesn't really benefit from his RD since his combo tools are so limited.
M0B
War Lord
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WhiteOni
Lee and Miguel desperatly need new Rage Drives

Agree with Lee especially. The only good part about his rage art is the new launcher he gets with WS+2,3 (and CH u/b+4) which makes his slide mixup far better than laws, when in rage that is. Also new punisher against some moves like deathfist, though other chars got these punisher by default.

Lees raw RD is the most aggravating shit about him imo, since it's way to finicky, even more than CH 1+2, to simply do the juggle you want.
enko
Lone Wolf
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Wait, Heihachi's RD was considered bad before? I thought it was one of the more decent ones.

The new moves by Heihachi did no address his weaknesses. Do you think his new moves will help him?
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post

I'm also pretty sure that King's SS 2 launches on NH and Josie's new move is Bruce's CD+2 from Tekken 5.

hei rd is used only as combo ender its pretty bad on stand up game

law rd is seeable and -10 its pretty bad