Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
LockDeltz
Expert
PSN: LockDeltz
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bilal
<<<< IF WE WANT TO ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS, WE NEED TO BUILD TEKKEN TAG 2 WIKI NOW! >>>>

Spread the word! Please link this thread on other sub-forums and threads for people who don't visit TTT2 GD very often.

Since it has been months without any substantial work on TZ wiki, this thread would probably motivate people to share their ideas and do some actual work. The majority of TZ Tekken wiki contains absolutely no useful information apart from some technical frame data. To get everyone started, let's define some basic goals here:

1- This project will suit all kind of players, it does not matter whether you are a casual player interested in customisations or more interested in intricacies and technicalities of the game, you have something to contribute. I, for one, have absolutely no idea what kind of new costumes and hair-style were introduced in TTT2/TTT2:U and/or any changes made to overall customisation system; therefore it will be nice to have people who are passionate and knowledgeable about these things.

2- I understand it will be hard for moderators to devote extra time in addition to their unpaid moderation on TZ, so we have to do most of the work ourselves. Although, it would be nice to have moderators review the work from time to time and make appropriate adjustments.

3- Ideally, we would like to reach at a stage where layout should be on par with (if not better than) Tekkenpedia. I sent a message to Castel about inviting their regular contributors to work on TZ wiki because they are, without a doubt, much more knowledgeable about wikis than an average TZ user. I'm still waiting for the reply and will update accordingly.

(This post will be periodically updated with new information (and deletion if necessary), so please do not quote as it may become irrelevant in the future! Please point out any mistakes and I will amend them as soon as possible)

Why not still work on Tekkenpedia? I like that site.
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LockDeltz
Why not still work on Tekkenpedia? I like that site.

Too much background info and story, not enough gameplay info. TZ's wiki will hopefully accommodate for all gameplay related information.

Oh and a few accounts (I think 2? lol) just got approved. Glad you could join us, remember If you're not sure what to do, just copy the other pages that have more stuff in them. You could also make up new formats and stuff but be sure to drop by the Tekken Wiki section and show it to the rest of us so we can all see If it's a good idea or not.

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Jul 22nd, 2012 at 16:03

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
MikeBreezy
6th Dan
PSN: MikeBreezy92
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekkenpedia info has a copious amount of fanon as well.
Signature www.youtube.com/user/FireTrainer92

MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi,
I have an account 'MCP' but I am unable to log in. (forgot password or never confirmed my account?)

Seeing as I cannot request any password reset, please help.

I am going to work on the movement training and basics such as that.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Bilal
Destroyer
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Who moved this thread here? I believe it was serving a purpose in TTT2 GD section, which was also mentioned in my reply to Baraka.

Sorry for not updating the thread, but I managed to break the screen of my laptop and fixing it took some time. On a serious note, is this thread relevant anymore? I don't see the use of this thread if we are not working on the wiki using the step-by-step approach.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
Castel bro... I think this is its proper place anyway... don't worry, this thread will be a discussion/Q&A thread.

Thread Stickied...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a little thing I noticed.

When I click on Combot, it takes me to the Mokujin page on the wiki. Is there any chance it can have it's own page.

I was also thinking that page might also have a little guide containing all moves that can be purchased/unlocked for Combot unless there's a fight lab page that can be dedicated for that info.

I might need to check when console comes out if both Combot and Mokujin have varying heights (eg, Mokujin may turn out to have longer legs than Combot, which will affect punishment range/combo specifics).

That's just my thoughts on the matter for now.

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
I'm thinking about that too... Not only for Combot and Mokujin, but for capos and bears too, since each have different bios and pics... It's easy to copy the strategy part so it's one I'm considering...

Yeah and the Combot page being the home for the Fight Lab guide is an excellent idea too... The problem is Mokujin's page will be too short, but that's really not a big deal...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
CorpseThrust200
Legend
PSN: omgitsnewton
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I requested an account a few days ago but didn't get approved. :\

Who approves wiki accounts? Castel I assume?
Signature My tumblr
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
Yep... Usually, you gotta PM Castel first to let him know about it...
CorpseThrust200
Legend
PSN: omgitsnewton
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
alrighty, I'll PM Castel then.
Signature My tumblr
Castel
Sensei Zaibatsu
PSN: Castel
XBL: Castel 360
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I get an email on new wiki rags but I don't get to them as often as I do forum registration, so it might take a few days.
Signature The original Sensei Zaibatsu
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Offtopic, but very deserving:
Whoever did work on the System Tutorial Guide (I'm guessing MCP?) did a really great job!

Looking through pages for typos, and will register to help in that.
EDIT: As soon as I get approved (hopefully), I'm available for anything anyone wants me to do. Just manual labour hanging around.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a quick note, in doing Chreddy's frame data, I wanted to see how accurate my methods were compared to what exists elsewhere. I redid all the frame data, and generated numbers by analysing 60fps footage frame by frame with hit analysis on.

Once I'd done this, I compared my data to inatekken's to find where things disagreed. There were 74 differences.

Then, I used a programmable stick to determine if the differences were my errors or inatekken's errors.

The final score was 65-9 in my favour.

inatekken is an ok source of data, but is as vulnerable to errors as anywhere else. It's obvious from their data that a lot of the time they've assumed that if one move recovers at a certain value, and there is a similar move, that the recovery will be the same (e.g. Eddy's db+4,4,4,4 string).

I won't be checking the prima guide too soon.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
Bro, I kinda wish everyone have the equipment/resources to check out the game's frame data. Also, at this point, the prima guide's only use is the strategy sections since the data have big inaccuracies.

Thanks for all your hard work man...
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Is video embedding disabled on this wiki? Or does this feature have to be implemented first?

Wanna try embedding something like this onto Feng's page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DY_W39NqdA
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah... that's what I'm wondering too... I thought of embedding Bloodburger's vids before on the movelists and LUYG stuff on the every char's page... We gotta ask Castel...

And while we're asking him, I want to ask too when can we get the DLC renders when we're at it...
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey man, I've got some info as it pertains to combo resets (so far from feedback I don't think I made too many errors in it lol). I don't know where to post it though.
Here is the link: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...629#post4657629
I was wondering, where does this go? Or would this not have a place or something?
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
There seems to be something going on with the wiki templates... I've been working on the Nina page, but every time I try to edit a page with a template on it, it breaks the page... This didn't use to happen :/

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...urnament_2/Nina

Specifically, the template doesn't show up, the template files don't show up, and for some weird reason 1+4~5 TA! seems to cause text to go missing... is it just me or are other people experiencing this issue?
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by psylence
There seems to be something going on with the wiki templates... I've been working on the Nina page, but every time I try to edit a page with a template on it, it breaks the page... This didn't use to happen :/

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...urnament_2/Nina

Specifically, the template doesn't show up, the template files don't show up, and for some weird reason 1+4~5 TA! seems to cause text to go missing... is it just me or are other people experiencing this issue?

I tried to fix it, I dunno some of the links so you can input it out...

I think this is just a matter of server malfunctioning... It happens at times...