Tekken 7 Bryan setups/traps

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SupraDoom
PSN: DooM-
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, with the removal of backroll and the under the radar one grab nerf (recovery), Bryan doesn't have the setups he used to. If you guys figure anything out, please please post it here other wise we'll all be stuck playing pretty standard!

I'll start with a silly finding, but it's been difficult to find new things:

After chains if they get up absolutely immediately you get a free mach breaker. Back in the day on Bryan's one grab you used to get an entire back juggle or grab, but they added frames to the recovery and nothing is possible anymore. Chains still has fast recovery but most moves are too slow or out of range. If you guys find better or more reliable let me know. I have hit this numerous times but it's certainly not fool proof.
https://gfycat.com/CarefulEqualAustralianshelduck
RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
After CH qcb3 qcb4 flip over you can do bb4 as oki.

Bb4 hits grounded, hits them if they stand up, or they block it with the new backroll animation.

Only downside is they can techroll it either way
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
SupraDoom
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RollTide8569
After CH qcb3 qcb4 flip over you can do bb4 as oki.

Bb4 hits grounded, hits them if they stand up, or they block it with the new backroll animation.

Only downside is they can techroll it either way

That's not bad, thanks for contributing! Also if CH B~D/F+4 hits the same exact stun and setup is possible. Could also just run up and sway 4 again, I'll see how risky this is vs tech..
WhiteOni
Lone Wolf
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys, can one of u Bryan douches (just kidding i'm just mad salty right now...) tell me how i can counter/punish Bryan's b+2+1 and uf+4?

I just can't find away... uf+4 launcher, crushes lows, sometimes even my high's and it's safe on block?? What? What can i do against a Bryan that abuses it? I can't just block forever right? He can do it for free and completely safe after a frame trap... And most Bryans spam b+2+1 on me and i have no idea what to do...

Pls explain it to me like i'm 5.
WhiteOni
Lone Wolf
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol, not even Bryan scrubs themselves know how to counter him.. Briliant!
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Orbital heel has always been safe but slow. Pressure him better up close and be less obvious with your lows.
It has some basic tracking but can be ssl'd fairly well and early in its animation you can pick Bryan up for a floater juggle with jabs or other high hitting fast moves.

Also, what is b+2+1? You mean his b+1 elbow? It's very linear, sidestep it if he spams it.

Lastly, git gud and stop calling people scrubs.
TheBookOfReeds
Kyu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest
Orbital heel has always been safe but slow. Pressure him better up close and be less obvious with your lows.
It has some basic tracking but can be ssl'd fairly well and early in its animation you can pick Bryan up for a floater juggle with jabs or other high hitting fast moves.

Also, what is b+2+1? You mean his b+1 elbow? It's very linear, sidestep it if he spams it.

Lastly, git gud and stop calling people scrubs.
Agreed
SupraDoom
SupraDoom
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupraDoom
Hey guys, I got a few more to add:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBkgEtSG9HI

Just watched this now, this is awesome, great finds!

Also the f4,1 setup should work off fisherman slam b4,2,1 S! too...

Free taunt attempt on a non-ch B~D/F+4 :
https://gfycat.com/TalkativeAdeptGalah

Also awesome, I just wished the b,d/f+4 spin had a mid mix up to the low.
SupraDoom
#11 “Quote” Edit Post

Also awesome, I just wished the b,d/f+4 spin had a mid mix up to the low.

It actually does have mix up, since you can cancel it. You can do a chains perfectly buffered out of the animation.

Sadly I don't think that last gif I posted with that move will actually work. The stun is some how shorter if you hit buttons in game, not entirely sure how it works but the taunt is not a free attempt (sorry guys).
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
That's unfortunate, I can't see myself using b,df4 much then.

I know you can cancel it, but having a mid out of it too would have been nice. I never thought about chains and will try it if you suggest it, but then again it's a throw and I wouldn't want to get launched by people ducking to block the low.

Chains is fun after a d+3+4,2,d/b cancel though because often people just stand there waiting to block the mid after d+3+4 and punish.
SupraDoom
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
That's unfortunate, I can't see myself using b,df4 much then.

I know you can cancel it, but having a mid out of it too would have been nice. I never thought about chains and will try it if you suggest it, but then again it's a throw and I wouldn't want to get launched by people ducking to block the low.

Chains is fun after a d+3+4,2,d/b cancel though because often people just stand there waiting to block the mid after d+3+4 and punish.

I really like the move, I use it kind of to cover distance for oki, and if you think they'll block low you can orbital or just cancel it. Sometimes you can even bait people into doing a super and just cancel it in time.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I really like the move, I use it kind of to cover distance for oki, and if you think they'll block low you can orbital or just cancel it. Sometimes you can even bait people into doing a super and just cancel it in time.

I guess I need to try using it more then.

How bad is it on block btw? I can't find it in the frame data.
SupraDoom
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess I need to try using it more then.

How bad is it on block btw? I can't find it in the frame data.

I think it's the same as sway back 3, which means only 2 characters in the game can juggle it.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Cheers mate, will try to use it more and see where it gets me.
Weizegger
Shihan
PSN: WidowmakerPL
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, I got a few more to add:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBkgEtSG9HI

Ok, great finds My question is: how to escape these setups?
Signature Anata yowai, wa
SupraDoom
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Weizegger
Ok, great finds My question is: how to escape these setups?

Every single one of these is just tech roll up (left or right). Just mix up the way you get up if someone is doing any Back turned style setup like this.
Dracksar
1st Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Every single one of these is just tech roll up (left or right). Just mix up the way you get up if someone is doing any Back turned style setup like this.

So what are Bryans options vs tech rolling? qcb+3?
SupraDoom